What's new

China, Vietnam back new Thai military government after West's disavowal

the viets wagging its tail like a doggie to please others for supports of other country' SCS's standpoint,but Tailand's military government visit China for china govts' supports.
what a funny doggie!

i have to say viet's influence power is "0".their influence power of govts is encouraging their people beating, smashing and looting,govt of viet is simply a barbaric govt.

Last edited:
Through your North Vietnam eye glasses, it is our interference to your internal affair but through South Vietnamese eye glasses, we are the devotee, at that time. Do you understand that simple fact?

May I ask you your age? Coz u keep calling me kid. May be ur quite old and know a lot?

If you think we are in debt because we let US use our base, then the number 1 high debt is US coz they bomb you directly. I can see how you treat US today as if she were your boss, you keep whining about SCS. If that is how you get your debt repay, treat us like your boss secretary, then.

You ask me what Thailand did in the past? I told you many time. 1) Help Gia Long ascend to the throne. 2) Host Ho Chi Minh rebel leader from French (during that time France still ruled Indochina). My point in the last comment was that Ho Chi Minh, who has personal in debt to us, because we host him from France, later plan NE Thailand invasion. If such a plan existed, could I say betrayal to our hospitality?

Why do you alone keep language of foe to me? I don't see any other Vietnamese speak to me like that. Your government also has good relationship with ours. We don't have land or sea border conflict, do we?

he he, you are kid.
without Gialong, our King Nguyen Hue has been unified Vietnam. Don't forget that in the battle Raich Gam-Xoaimut, Thai intervention were punished with 20,000 dead.

Gia Long won on civil war, it was not related to Thailand.

Ho Chi Minh was in Thailand where Vietnamese are living there. He was in France, USA, England, Russia and in China too.

Don't calculate like idiot kid.

the viets wagging its tail like a doggie to please others for supports of other country' SCS's standpoint,but Tailand's military government visit China for china govts' supports.
what a funny doggie!

i have to say viet's influence power is "0".their influence power of govts is encouraging their people beating, smashing and looting,govt of viet is simply a barbaric govt.

What is funny doggie China ? they came to Vietnam too.

he he, you are kid.
without Gialong, our King Nguyen Hue has been unified Vietnam. Don't forget that in the battle Raich Gam-Xoaimut, Thai intervention were punished with 20,000 dead.

Gia Long won on civil war, it was not related to Thailand.

Ho Chi Minh was in Thailand where Vietnamese are living there. He was in France, USA, England, Russia and in China too.

Don't calculate like idiot kid.
when you viets blame china for SCS's dispute,you just do same thing to others.

Why would we deploy the rig on some places where there is no oil? Based on your knowledge, wherever is a sea, there is oil? Koreans don't have oil under their sea, they become rich by cultivating their intelligent resources. If they have oil, NK and SK already have war! You people are lazy and short-sighted, your economy will be ruined without oil, you rely on it too much.
economy of vietnam is promising i feel but you will not acknowledge it cause its against your polic of rivalry !

economy of vietnam is promising i feel but you will not acknowledge it cause its against your polic of rivalry !

Yep, technically, from the data we gather, their economic condition is getting better in recent years, but they still they don't have a strong industrial base, like Indonesia in ASEAN. Their workforce has higher literacy rate, this is good, but they also lack enough skilled professionals, technicians, and craftsmen.

vn-Skilling-up-Vietnam-EN-FINAL.jpg

It is promising, but some Vietnamese members here has mistaken their actual economic strength. Out of the ASEAN 6 Major economy Vietnam are at the bottom of the totem-pole below of that of Philippines where their economy are much more promising than Vietnam.

vip2.jpg

& some of them actually believes (LOL) that if Indo-China were to be united it will be under Vietnamese dominion. Where in actuality it will probably be the Thais that will be calling the shot.

It is promising, but some Vietnamese members here has mistaken their actual economic strength. Out of the ASEAN 6 Major economy Vietnam are at the bottom of the totem-pole below of that of Philippines where their economy are much more promising than Vietnam.

vip2.jpg

& some of them actually believes (LOL) that if Indo-China were to be united it will be under Vietnamese dominion. Where in actuality it will probably be the Thais that will be calling the shot.

Thailand also has a very potent air force, if I may add. Their land forces also have a long history in crushing / sedating separatist forces ranging form communist insurgency, to the Pattani separatists in the south. They are a potent force.

According to our history book. King Nguyen Hue IS King Gia Long. Nguyen Hue is the name when he was prince. Once he ascend the throne, his King name is Gia Long. Twice of our invasion to Vietnam was failed like you said. However, those twice invasion was done to help Nguyen Hue ascend to the throne, well with failure. Ngugen Hue later win the throne by his own power. However, shouldn't we shelter Nguyen Hue, and even sent him our men to help fight, he might not be the King. Though 20,000 of our men dead, it doesn't mean the otherside won the war without losing single man. How much did our force weaken Nguyen Hue's politcal opponents is left for historian.
I prove my point: Our ancestor did help you.

We host your rebel leader for years. Not just for 2-3 weeks, My friend. We did it against our neighbor's will. We did it against our France neighbor's will. That's why I say our ancestor did help you.

Ps: Have you ever heard of Farmer and a cold cobra when you were young? When your ancestor named your country Vietnam, is it from the root word "Venom"? I heard my Chinese friend talk about when china help North Vietnam, just to get bitten back later. May be just like Siam did, and later Min-Mang fight us for Cambodia Land grab. I would not come to such conclusion should not you answer us like our hospitality is something mandatory to be given to you.

Thanks for the historical input, @MostProbableExplanation ! I don't think PDF has a lot of active Thai posters , so your objective analysis gives us an interesting point of view. Welcome to the forum, as well.

:-)

Last edited:
We use to be able to produce our own fighter, with Japanese technology, during WW2. During WW2,We used have submarines as well. Made in Japan I guess. Later we had to destroy all those facilities because we lose WW2, same as Japan. Luckily we didn't declare war to USA. So the later does not count us as foe. (This is from Thai history, which, more often than not, lies )

To be honest, I am an avid reader on the history of Thailand, namely the Ayudhaya period. The time period , which is rampant with countless wars to unite the land under one king reminds me of our own Senggoku Jidai period. One of my favorite Thai kings was King Rhamkhamhaeng of the Sukkothai period.. ;)

My favorite Ayudhya king was probably Ramatibodi, especially with his wars against Lovek, and the constant imperative to control not only Phitsanulok, but also Burma.

Thank for your welcome to the forum. The reason I become active here is because Junta government's personal ban me from Thai political forum, where I am a fan of. The forum used to be a hot debate place between Red shirts & yellow shirts. Now, they just allow only lightly red-shirt speakers but allow full yellow shirts. Typical Junta government action isn't it? This Junta is subtle one, the last one almost shutdown the forum board.

Vow!! You have even more knowledge in Thai history than me. i only know Rattanakosin Era. I have question about our history. You might help. Fact: When we talk to the King we suppose to use royal vocabulary. Later I found out that the so called royal vocabulary is actually Khmer language!!. More than that, when I speak these royal vocabulary to an Indian friend of mine, he can translate correctly into english!. I don't understand why!

Yes, the Khmer language contributed a lot to Thai language, and even the court dances of Angkor are very similar to the court dances of the Ayudhaya Period. :)

According to our history book. King Nguyen Hue IS King Gia Long. Nguyen Hue is the name when he was prince. Once he ascend the throne, his King name is Gia Long. Twice of our invasion to Vietnam was failed like you said. However, those twice invasion was done to help Nguyen Hue ascend to the throne, well with failure. Ngugen Hue later win the throne by his own power. However, shouldn't we shelter Nguyen Hue, and even sent him our men to help fight, he might not be the King. Though 20,000 of our men dead, it doesn't mean the otherside won the war without losing single man. How much did our force weaken Nguyen Hue's politcal opponents is left for historian.
I prove my point: Our ancestor did help you.

We host your rebel leader for years. Not just for 2-3 weeks, My friend. We did it against our neighbor's will. We did it against our France neighbor's will. That's why I say our ancestor did help you.

Ps: Have you ever heard of Farmer and a cold cobra when you were young? When your ancestor named your country Vietnam, is it from the root word "Venom"? I heard my Chinese friend talk about when china help North Vietnam, just to get bitten back later. May be just like Siam did, and later Min-Mang fight us for Cambodia Land grab. I would not come to such conclusion should not you answer us like our hospitality is something mandatory to be given to you.

your history book is fake, it made a big mistake.

Nguyen Hue was got a name Quang Trung, when he decrared himself as first king of Tay Son Dynasty Vietnam. Gialong is first King of Nguyen Dynasty Vietnam, true name of Gialong is Nguyen Anh when he was prince of Nguyen Warloard family.

Both Nguyen Hue (Quang Trung) and Nguyen Anh (Gia Long) shared same family name only, they ware not relatives, they were rivals. Minh Mang was right when he has been protected our friends Cambodian and Laotiens, like we do now.

If you are not Hua people living in Thailand, don't trust on Chinese, they are liars. Chinese has betrayal mentality, a habitat to make dirty policy bussinese with our enemies in back of Vietnam, they did with France 1954 and with USA 1972.

Last edited:
pls don´t hesitate and do it.

Yeah give them funds and other supports. I suggest you sell 1,000 T-90s or other advanced tanks to Thailand. The Siamese are fully capable to "deal" with Vietnam.

@Carlosa
I believe we have found a big donor for our tanks.

by the way, just in case if you haven´t noticed, all the fancy military toys you sold or donated to Laos and Cambodia are virtually under Vietnamese control as the Laotian and Cambodians don´t know how to operate them and need Vietnamese trainers. So just keep sending more weapons to them to "deal" with Vietnam.
Give me a break please.

Lao and Cam are not that incompetent and Viet is not that professional on operation high tech weapon .

Thailand also has a very potent air force, if I may add. Their land forces also have a long history in crushing / sedating separatist forces ranging form communist insurgency, to the Pattani separatists in the south. They are a potent force.

Actually, Thailand is anything but a potent force, it can look good on paper, but its actually a hollow force, It does not matter much how much equipment they have or what the numbers are, their military is only adept to fight counter insurgency and civilians, but not much more than that. It also does not matter much what their past military background is in historical terms since today's Thai society has evolved in such a way that most Thais have become lazy spoiled wimps for the most part (sure, there are muay thai fighters, etc, but they are the exception to the rule), they don't have what it takes for real fighting as in a war and they would not go far. This might sound strange for most people, but for those that spent a lot of time in Thailand and really understand Thai people (myself included), they know that. Thais only fight if they have overwhelming numbers. I don't mean to be insulting to Thai people, but reality is reality.

A very telling example of how the Thai military works: They often buy equipment to show off or to to show that "we have that too" (Thais are very much into cultivating their image), so they bought an small aircraft carrier from Spain, but........ they actually never operated the ship because they discovered after the fact...... "oooops, this ship is very expensive to operate, we don't have the budget to operate it and its planes", so they keep it in port at all times and they use it as an attraction for the public to visit. That's how proficient the Thai military is.

Not long ago, Laos beat up Thailand in a brief border war and just recently, Cambodia held their own quite well during the border fighting at the Phra Vinear temple area even that Thailand has military superiority over both Cambodia and Laos by far. The Thai military is not doing very well at all fighting the insurgency in Pattani by the way. Some chinese people in this thread that talk about Thailand taking care of Vietnam, etc in military terms have no idea of what they are talking about.

The Thai air force is ok in terms of numbers for regional standards, but is not a "very potent air force" by far, the only modern fighter jets they have are 12 Gripens, after that they have old F-16 A's and some very old F-5's, that's all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom