What's new

China unveils 2900 kph super-maglev train

The world’s fastest train is on the way, although the technology remains at a testing stage in the laboratory.

China is testing the so-called super-maglev train, which operates in a vacuum tube and could reach as high as 2,900 kilometers per hour, Hong Kong Commercial Daily reported Monday.

Chinese researchers at the Applied Superconductivity Laboratory of Southwest Jiaotong University in Chengdu have successfully tested a concept train encapsulated in a vacuum tube, which would help reduce the speed limitations imposed by air resistance on regular maglev trains.

Dr. Deng Zigang, who led the project, said his team has already successfully reached a speed of 25 km per minute, and researchers are now working on a vacuum tube, which could lift the speed limit to 50 km per minute in the future.

If successful, that would mark a great breakthrough in China’s ambitious plan to export the high-speed train to the United States.

China is now in talks to build a high-speed railway that would connect the Chinese capital Beijing with the continental US. The China-US rail link may use the magnetic levitation technology, according to media reports.

The entire journey from China to the US would take only two days.

Currently, the Shanghai Maglev Train connecting Pudong International Airport and Longyang Road subway station operates at a speed of over 430 kilometers per hour, making it the world’s fastest passenger-carrying train.

having immense dreams and galactic hopes. Bravo.

this is similar to sending a mission to mars

or traveling to distant stars.

Bravo, our brothers to the North. Bravo.

Maglev has poor commercial value if speed goes too high. That's why the researchers in Westerner countries only working on the speed between 500-600 kmph.
Not really, the problem going with higher speed is friction. Maglev has higher efficiency than the a turbojet engine. Planes cruise at 30,000 feet is to reduce friction, thus reducing the amount of fuel. Travelling at high speed at sea level at high speed is not the best idea. China proposal is to use vaccum/low pressure tube but the problem is the cost/safety.

Elon Musk did propose Hyperloop, similiar but slower and cheaper without maglev.

Would be way cheaper to use planes. Creating vacuum for long distances is not economical.
20-30 years in the future, it might not be economical to use planes as they rely on fossil fuel. You may argue you can create fuel from electricity, it is not feasible using current technology. Electric powered planes are slow too. The main advantage of maglev railway directly with electricity from renewable sources.

Would be way cheaper to use planes. Creating vacuum for long distances is not economical.
Yes,right now it must be not commerical and the cost of construction must be very high.
I think maybe in the future,it may be achieved.Anyway firstly master this kind of technology.

Yes, yes, expensive yet inferior Japanese high-speed rail tech might find widespread commercial use in India.

Good luck! :D

Why bring India into it man, he is just comparing the commercial value with the original maglev trains, since you named it super-maglev.....
Anyway I think it will be a very good tech demonstrator and help building the future of chinese railway manyfold.... :tup:

I found many Indian netizens are always jeer at things which related with China, and made in China! I view comments here and " The teime of india", and other network sites. Most Indian netizens despise China and Chinese, some are showing enmity ( I think because of 1962, But I still think it was the mistake of indian's " Forward policy" :coffee:, anyway, it is over for decades, who care about this shit history)

But as I say, if indian still hold their mentality of " world largest democratic country" " Second super power ( in the future)", and see other countries( except Europe and American) with tainted glasses, but didn't discover own problems, will never brings India into a member of advanced countries.

I know Indian netizens may not like my words, because...eh because we are not " democracy country", maybe because of 1962, ( 1962 always makes me a headache), ( but as I say, our girls here can go out at midnight to buy cakes along, can Indian girl could do so?)

About made in China, here is a story, ture story of mine :

An Indian businessman sent me an enquiry, he want to purchase replacement batteries for camera and camcorder. He toled me that he would like to purchase a large quantity and hope we could offer a competitive prices. I made a quotation for him. But he cannot accepted that prices, and want us to make it 30% cut, also mark original brand's name on the batteries. Both of these conditions were cannot acceptable to us. I told him we use original Samsung cells(raw material) to produce these batteries, and will offer 12 month warrenty for the products, we cannot mark original brand's name on the batteries because it is illegal to doing that without authorization. I refuse this business opportunity.

Then he find another producer which can meets his requirements. As far as I know of this industry, that low price cannot assure the basic quality requirements, Indian businessman also knowing that. So you can imaging the situations when final customer use these products.

The general Impression of Chinese goods, is copied, inferior, etc. A part of the reason was comes from purchasers. The purchaser wants to earned more money so they just choose the factories who can offer the lowest prices, over low prices means bad quality raw materials.

There are bad businessmen here, But we still have many many more good companies and factories.Our labor forces are sufficient and efficient. Most businessmen from EU and American, will visit the factory by theirselves,they can evaluate and talk directly to the suppliers. If some good quality and valuable products which you buying from EU or American, that may be made in China too.

I take proud of " Made in China", we can produce products from needles to airliner.

We spend a lot of time to learn from Europe, American, Janpan, Russia, Israel.........but Indian people spend a lot of time to stare at border, and dream of super power or "first-class race".

I couldn't understand why Indian netizens always have the superiority complex to despise yellow race, and call us subcontinent people ( as far as I know, Indian Plate is the real subcontinent in Geography).

Anyway, we take proud of our Asian color. People from other Nations can identified my hometown according to my skin:man_in_love:

You are even limited by thought. No wonder you joined the armed forces (most probably)! :D

having immense dreams and galactic hopes. Bravo.

this is similar to sending a mission to mars

or traveling to distant stars.

Bravo, our brothers to the North. Bravo.

but the problem is the cost/safety.

i don't think china looks at cost, nowadays... they have their own space station program... so it is safety that needs to be ensured in the most simplest way.

Elon Musk did propose Hyperloop, similiar but slower and cheaper without maglev.

i was about to mention "hyperloop".

Creating vacuum for long distances is not economical.

Maglev has poor commercial value...

Why bring India into it man, he is just comparing the commercial value with the original maglev trains...

why are most indian members on this thread talking about "commercial value" and "economics"... it becomes so cliched... "indian obsessed with saving money therefore he remains poor."... so, just assume, money is no object for this project.

Exploration and innovation always bears fruits, if not today but may be latter in future.

Vaccum tube based Super Maglev might not be a feasible option for today or many be near future but can be a building block or stepping stone for something which revolutionize the way we travel today.

Good work!!

i don't think china looks at cost, nowadays... they have their own space station program... so it is safety that needs to be ensured in the most simplest way.

why are most indian members on this thread talking about "commercial value" and "economics"... it becomes so cliched... "indian obsessed with saving money therefore he remains poor."... so, just assume, money is no object for this project.

yeah alright.... anyway good going :tup:

Nice.... Dreaming big and achieving it is the way to go.

I for one am in favour of bring Chinese Bullet trains to India.

Than you should go look at my first post.

Back
Top Bottom