What's new

China-UK (Britain) Geopolitics and Economics: News & Discussions

Never been there. :P

Almost all of my family have moved away from there, to places like Hong Kong and Canada.

If I want to visit my relatives, I do it in HK itself, or fly to Canada for the rest.

I think some of my distant relatives do still live in that village though. It would be awesome to go back. :dirol:

i have only watched these cool fortresses on documentaries, quite cool design and effective keeping invaders out. Plus it has a water well for fetching fresh drinking water in the center. The Americans thought the tulous were missile sillos during the Cold War :rofl:

No. We have a non-interventionist policy with China. Besides, pen pal, trade between Japan and China exceeds $340 Billion. You think we are going to jeopardize the greatest trade in Asia for some schmucks in Hong Kong?

"Non intervention policy" our a#se

What are these?

China and Japan Fall Out Over Uighurs
http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304371504577405854234142904

China slams Japan for hosting Uighurs
Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Japan's Public Welcome for Dalai Lama Irks China
http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324595904578116623056839826

You want our trade but Japan also wants the toppling of our ruling party out of self interests in the name of "democracy" fundamentally or voicing the noise like the yapping of the Americans et al. 8-)

The Queen of Denmark when she visited here a few years ago apologised for the Viking conquests. I,m not making this up.

We are expecting the same from the Queen of England for their wars against us. Same for the Japanese Emperor whose father started WW2 and many invasions against China before him. If the USA wants to join the party of great remorse for China, they will not be an exception.:dirol:

Last edited:
You want our trade but Japan also wants the toppling of our ruling party out of self interests in the name of "democracy" fundamentally or voicing the noise like the yapping of the Americans et al. 8-)

Unfounded hearsay.

"Non intervention policy" our a#se

What are these?

I prefer to hold credence to Official Japanese Government's position than harken to sensationalist jargon.

--------------

000001568.jpg

Toward the improvement of the Japan-China relations, quiet discussions have been held between the Governments of Japan and China. Both sides have come to share views on the following points:

1. Both sides confirmed that they would observe the principles and spirit of the four basic documents between Japan and China and that they would continue to develop a mutually beneficial relationship based on common strategic interests.

2. Both sides shared some recognition that, following the spirit of squarely facing history and advancing toward the future, they would overcome political difficulties that affect their bilateral relations.

3. Both sides recognized that they had different views as to the emergence of tense situations in recent years in the waters of the East China Sea, including those around the Senkaku Islands, and shared the view that, through dialogue and consultation, they would prevent the deterioration of the situation, establish a crisis management mechanism and avert the rise of unforeseen circumstances.

4. Both sides shared the view that, by utilizing various multilateral and bilateral channels, they would gradually resume dialogue in political, diplomatic and security fields and make an effort to build a political relationship of mutual trust.

Reference:
Regarding Discussions toward Improving Japan-China Relations | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan

Unfounded hearsay.

I prefer to hold credence to Official Japanese Government's position than harken to sensationalist jargon.

--------------

000001568.jpg

Toward the improvement of the Japan-China relations, quiet discussions have been held between the Governments of Japan and China. Both sides have come to share views on the following points:

1. Both sides confirmed that they would observe the principles and spirit of the four basic documents between Japan and China and that they would continue to develop a mutually beneficial relationship based on common strategic interests.

2. Both sides shared some recognition that, following the spirit of squarely facing history and advancing toward the future, they would overcome political difficulties that affect their bilateral relations.

3. Both sides recognized that they had different views as to the emergence of tense situations in recent years in the waters of the East China Sea, including those around the Senkaku Islands, and shared the view that, through dialogue and consultation, they would prevent the deterioration of the situation, establish a crisis management mechanism and avert the rise of unforeseen circumstances.

4. Both sides shared the view that, by utilizing various multilateral and bilateral channels, they would gradually resume dialogue in political, diplomatic and security fields and make an effort to build a political relationship of mutual trust.

Reference:
Regarding Discussions toward Improving Japan-China Relations | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan

Your actions are what we concern about and likewise you are being watched and scrutinized

We are tired of empty words or no words :-)

To be honest, buddy, we had our share of these occupy central protesters in Japan two years ago. Its not good, especially if you know how Japanese society is like, we don't really tolerate civil disobedience , or this culture of non-conformity. So a lot of us can empathize with the HK government in trying to dispel the protesters.

Occupy Tokyo 2012:

1177_e1316465915624.jpg

occupy-tokyo-japan-980.jpg

imdCQnS6pGGs.jpg

OB-QD156_sss_oc_H_20111016210101.jpg

1015-01.jpg

Wow..........by Japanese standards thats quite alot of people i must say. As you rightly said, Japan is very comformistic. In fact i would say without a doubt that Japan is by far the most conformistic society i have ever been to in my entire life(and believe me, i have travel alot).lol The Japanese hardly ever go against the government/authority/system.Civil disobedience is almost non existent, unlike in other Asian/European and even American countries. Its for this reason i have said before on here that Japan is indeed an unique/special country in this regard, in that you will hardly ever find such large scale protests/civil disobedience like say the sunflower movement in Taiwan, 'democractic protests' in Hong Kong, countless/thousands of mass protests in China, social/racial Protests in U.S, riots in Paris/London, etc. I dont know why the Japanese are soooo obedient towards authority/government, sometimes its like they are robots, since nobody there wants to stand out/be an outlier. The system doesn't encourage that. However, i dont think its such a bad thing, since Japan is still among(if not the most) the most peaceful/orderly/cleanest country in this world. Anybody who has visited Japan can attest to that. I think there are things other countries can learn from Japan in how to make the world a better place/live in harmonious society. :cheers:

I know right? I think somewhere down the line they even burned the White House in 1812! Those evil Brits!

Bah, humbug!

ahahahahahah....:lol: Yes we did burn the white house.:D But that centuries ago, when our empire(the greatest in human history) ruled the world.:big_boss: However that's in the past, we have to live in the present and think about the future, not dwelling in the past like babies. Moreover, the U.S wouldnt/shouldn't whine about this(like the chinese seem to be doing) since doing so will kind of be an embarassement, since when you quite powerful/wealthy/influential, you dont want to bring back the past when you were a mere colony, took orders from others and had your presidential palace/white house burnt and looted by a foreign power. So why should the U,S bring back these past deeds when it serves no real purpose?:cheesy: Let the past be buried. Moreover, i dont think we ever apologised to the U.S for colonizing them, making them speak our language(though they modified it to their own way/language), and burning their white house. :flame::D

Well we're still mad over those Brits sinking some of our great ships during the War of 1812. At least I think they did...hmm memory failing...ah well I'm sure they did something bad...we'll never forgive them for all that whatever-they-probably-did or were thinking-of-doing...I'm sure it was real real evil incarnate somehow. I bet they at least kicked a dog or two.

Well i completely agree with you. However. you should know that China is different from the U.S in that China is a civilization state, uniformed society/race(Han dominant race with less than 5% as minorities) and the Chinese pay relatively more attention to the past and to the longer-term future while the Americans(U.S) is an immigrant country who are less interested in the past, but instead have their eye on near-term future. So this makes it easier for the U.S to forget/forgive than China, who is still haunted by its weak past and feels humiliated by it as a race. So i think it will take decades or maybe even a century for the Chinese to get over the past and move on. However its not just the Chinese though, confucian east Asian/south east Asian countries tend to have a similar attitude like the Chinese with focus on time Consciousness than the U.S. Reason you will see the U.S making friends/allying with its most bittter past rivals/ennemies without Americans ever questioning this move, since they couldnt really care less, unlike most uniformed societies like China, South Korea, Japan, south east Asian countries etc. So expect the Chinese to still be whining about the Opium war and seizure of Hong Kong for a long time to come, while many americans dont even know we once invaded burnt their presidential palace. :D

Last edited:
ahahahahahah....:lol: Yes we did burn the white house.:D But that centuries ago, when our empire(the greatest in human history) ruled the world.:big_boss: However thats in the past, we have to live in the present and think about the future, not dwelling in the past like babies. Moreover, the U.S wouldnt.shouldn't whine about this(like the chinese seem to be doing) since doing so will kind of be an embarassement, since when you quite powerful/wealthy/influential, you dont want to bring back the past when you were a mere colony, took orders and had your presidential palace/white house burnt and looted by a foreign power. So why should the U,S bring back this past deeds when it serves no real purpose?:cheesy: Let the past be burried. Moreover, i dont think we ever apologised to the U.S for colonizing them, making them speak our language(though they modified it to their own way/language), and burning their white house. :flame::D

No apology needed, unless you want an apology for us kicking your asses out of our country, then we can cobble some agreement together and half-***, half-joke about our dismay at events long since glossed over. But generally, that is so far in the past that most of us look at it in our history books, say "meh" and move on with our lives. We didn't forgive or forget, we just stopped caring and moved forwards with our positive and fruitful relationship with our overseas friends. So cheers, we never forgave you nor did you forgive us, we probably just got too drunk to care one way or the other :cheers:.

Last edited:
No apology needed, unless you want an apology for us kicking your asses out of our country, then we can cobble some agreement together and half-***, half-joke about our dismay at events long since glossed over. But generally, that is so far in the past that most of us look at it in our history books, say "meh" and move on with our lives. We didn't forgive or forget, we just stopped caring and moved forwards with our positive and fruitful relationship with our overseas friends. So cheers, we never forgave you nor did you forgive us, be we probably just got too drunk to care one way or the other :cheers:.

Yes i agree. You dont need an apology fro us. Anyway the U.S has never even asked for any apology, they have long outgrown that stage. The chinese unfortunately seem not to have outgrown that stage(they need almost a century for that i guess.lol). Moreover, Americans in general couldnt care less to be honest, they simply dont give a shit. lool Just like you said earlier, they dont care one bit and even those who read about their history with their former colonial master i.e the U.K , they just brush it off and move on with their lives as you rightly said. Thats one thing i do admire about Americans, reason they have the ability to forge alliances worldwide with any country, irregardless of whether that country was/is a formerbitter ennemy or not. Reason the U.S is now allied with us in the U.K even after we colonized them and commited some atrocities in their country during their struggle/battle for independence, U.S ally with Japan, Germany after brutal wars, moving closer and closer with Vietnam today(despite a better history/enmity) without americans ever questioning such a move as they dont give a shit.lol The Chinese and other Asian countries indeed have alot to learn from the U.S in this regard. Else Asia will always have issues/diffrences among themsleves and will remain divided till thy kingdom come, since thye all tend to always dwell in the past like babies:coffee:

Britain is an insignificant little ant that shouldn't even be taken seriously.

Useless country.

Britain is an insignificant little ant that shouldn't even be taken seriously.

Useless country.
China should have bought the HMS Illustrious, tow it to Hong Kong harbor and then use it as target practice.
Wow..........by Japanese standards thats quite alot of people i must say. As you rightly said, Japan is very comformistic. In fact i would say without a doubt that Japan is by far the most conformistic society i have ever been to in my entire life(and believe me, i have travel alot).lol The Japanese hardly ever go against the government/authority/system.Civil disobedience is almost non existent, unlike in other Asian/European and even American countries. Its for this reason i have said before on here that Japan is indeed an unique/special country in this regard, in that you will hardly ever find such large scale protests/civil disobedience like say the sunflower movement in Taiwan, 'democractic protests' in Hong Kong, countless/thousands of mass protests in China, social/racial Protests in U.S, riots in Paris/London, etc. I dont know why the Japanese are soooo obedient towards authority/government, sometimes its like they are robots, since nobody there wants to stand out/be an outlier. The system doesn't encourage that. However, i dont think its such a bad thing, since Japan is still among(if not the most) the most peaceful/orderly/cleanest country in this world. Anybody who has visited Japan can attest to that. I think there are things other countries can learn from Japan in how to make the world a better place/live in harmonious society. :cheers:

Japan is a very protocol and loyalty intense island country.

Nothing wrong screaming and crying when the tsunami killed over 20,000 people. But Japanese hide their emotion.
Like you said Japanese are indeed like robots.

That is why Japan, after all these years cannot produce people like Yao Ming, Jack Ma, Jackie Chan etc

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom