What's new

China-UK (Britain) Geopolitics and Economics: News & Discussions

China should have bought the HMS Illustrious, tow it to Hong Kong harbor and then use it as target practice.

Japan is a very protocol and loyalty intense island country.

Nothing wrong screaming and crying when the tsunami killed over 20,000 people. But Japanese hide their emotion.
Like you said Japanese are indeed like robots.

That is why Japan, after all these years cannot produce people like Yao Ming, Jack Ma, Jackie Chan etc

Thats also why Japan doesnt have thousands of mass protests every year like China.:D Im sure your government CCP will loveeeeeee to have a stable country/clean and law abiding citizens like Japanese people. They will kill to have that, afterall, as far as i know, its your leaders who have been making slogans like building a harmonious society in China, something Japan has achieved for decades now. If anything you should wish you can be as stable/clean/oderly a society like Japan. I have been to both countries(China and Japan), and i can attest that Japan is far better than China in terms of not only living standards(obviously), but also in terms of being clean,oderly,respectable/politeness, stability, etc. SO you quoting famous Chinese sports people/actor doesnt have any link/relation to the topic at hand at all bros.:D Japan also has several more popular cultural things it can boast about than even China.:enjoy: starting from their anime which im sure you yourself LOVEEEEE:cheers::cheers:

Britain is an insignificant little ant that shouldn't even be taken seriously.

Useless country.

Tell your leaders that bro. it seems you are more knowledgeable/smarter than them. :woot:

Thats also why Japan doesnt have thousands of mass protests every year like China.:D Im sure your government CCP will loveeeeeee to have a stable country/clean and law abiding citizens like Japanese people. They will kill to have that, afterall, as far as i know, its your leaders who have been making slogans like building a harmonious society in China, something Japan has achieved for decades now. If anything you should wish you can be as stable/clean/oderly a society like Japan. I have been to both countries(China and Japan), and i can attest that Japan is far better than China in terms of not only living standards(obviously), but also in terms of being clean,oderly,respectable/politeness, stability, etc. SO you quoting famous Chinese sports people/actor doesnt have any link/relation to the topic at hand at all bros.:D Japan also has several more popular cultural things it can boast about than even China.:enjoy: starting from their anime which im sure you yourself LOVEEEEE:cheers::cheers:

Tell your leaders that bro. it seems you are more knowledgeable/smarter than them. :woot:

He's not a Chinese citizen, he's Malaysian, so what's the point lol. The only real Chinese here (citizens of China) and have credence to speak on behalf of Chinese are @TaiShang , @Chinese-Dragon , @Edison Chen and @cnleio .

I appreciate your analysis (in depth at that!) @mike2000 . The culture that is embedded within East Asia is one that focuses on collectivism , unitary determinism or as Japanese proverb states, "millions but with One Heart".

Generally this has been a trait in Greater East Asia; China-Korea-Japan. This focused on the celestial role of our Sovereigns, who according to court conjecture, was the Son of Heaven, mandated to rule by Heaven's Grace. Thus, this translated in fervent devotion amongst the people.

This correlates with the Traditional Confucian saying ;

As the Emperor bows before the Will of Heaven, so too must the Prime Minister now before His Imperial Majesty. Ministers now to the Prime Minister. The General bows before Ministers, the soldiers now before the general. And so thus the wife bows before her husband , and children bow before the parents. So is the will of Heaven demands conformity and obedience to the Cosmic Order

I appreciate your analysis (in depth at that!) @mike2000 . The culture that is embedded within East Asia is one that focuses on collectivism , unitary determinism or as Japanese proverb states, "millions but with One Heart".

Generally this has been a trait in Greater East Asia; China-Korea-Japan. This focused on the celestial role of our Sovereigns, who according to court conjecture, was the Son of Heaven, mandated to rule by Heaven's Grace. Thus, this translated in fervent devotion amongst the people.

This correlates with the Traditional Confucian saying ;

As the Emperor bows before the Will of Heaven, so too must the Prime Minister now before His Imperial Majesty. Ministers now to the Prime Minister. The General bows before Ministers, the soldiers now before the general. And so thus the wife bows before her husband , and children bow before the parents. So is the will of Heaven demands conformity and obedience to the Cosmic Order

Confucius himself did not propose that "might makes right", but rather that a superior should be obeyed because of his moral rectitude. In addition, loyalty does not mean subservience to authority. This is because reciprocity is demanded from the superior as well.

Japanese take loyalty to the extreme.

Last edited:
ahahahahah....:lol: Yes we did burn the white house.:D But that centuries ago, when our empire(the greatest in human history) ruled the world.:big_boss: However that's in the past, we have to live in the present and think about the future, not

Precisely. The relationship between Britain and the United States is rather enviably all inclusive. It's the thesis of a mature inter-state relationship wherein you have two states that were political enemies , but evolved into a a cooperative one that sought each other's help during moments of crises, ergo the Boxer Rebellion, The First World War, the Second World War, the Korean Debacle, the Suez Canal Crisis, the Falklands War, the 1st Iraqi War, 2nd Irai War, operations in Afghanistan , et al.

Japanese are loyal to the Americans.

US-Japan relationship is that of a master and pet.

Japan is nothing more than a mere American colony. Americans get to station their weapons in its colony and American soldiers get to boink clueless Japanese women.

Precisely. The relationship between Britain and the United States is rather enviably all inclusive. It's the thesis of a mature inter-state relationship wherein you have two states that were political enemies , but evolved into a a cooperative one that sought each other's help during moments of crises, ergo the Boxer Rebellion, The First World War, the Second World War, the Korean Debacle, the Suez Canal Crisis, the Falklands War, the 1st Iraqi War, 2nd Irai War, operations in Afghanistan , et al.

The reason the Britain/US relationship works so well is due to the huge power disparity between the two nations and the recognition by the lesser nation of the inherent benefit of power by association via riding the coattails of the more powerful partner. If the power gap between Britain and the US weren't so large, there would be much more friction. Rather than being enviable, IMO, you have the "ideal" Superpower/Satrap relationship including the modern day version of levying client state troops to fight in Master's wars (as seen by the large British commitment to any and all American military misadventures).

The reason the Britain/US relationship works so well is due to the huge power disparity between the two nations and the recognition by the lesser nation of the inherent benefit of power by association via riding the coattails of the more powerful partner. If the power gap between Britain and the US weren't so large, there would be much more friction. Rather than being enviable, IMO, you have the "ideal" Superpower/Satrap relationship including the modern day version of levying client state troops to fight in Master's wars (as seen by the large British commitment to any and all American military misadventures).

Indeed. There is little to envy about US-UK relationship. Which country would love to be dragged from one intervention to another just because its an almost powerless junior partner in the scheme of an unequal relationship?

@Nihonjin1051 , do you envision US-Japan relations within a similar context? In my opinion, that would be disastrous for Japan.

I'm a Hong Konger (my family was one of the first to arrive in HK hundreds of years ago, so we are considered HK natives, though we are originally of Hakka descent).

Personally I think all other countries should stay out of China's internal affairs.

Hong Kong is a part of China, and has been since the handover in 1997, which I witnessed personally (though I was very young at the time).

Everyone in the world now officially recognizes my city Hong Kong is a part of China, no one even disputes that. So why should other countries seek to interfere in this island?

Hong Kong is our city. My ancestors have been buried here for generations. I still pay my respect at their graves every year during the Qingming Festival.

Agreed Britain should mind their own business China is fully capable of handling this situation by itself

Hi buddy @AgentOrange , I do agree with many of your points. I think that the skewed power to power ratio between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and the United States of America happened during the early 20th century, particularly after the Great Depression , and most notably during the beginning of the War in Europe when the United States initiated the Lend-Lease Program with Great Britain, providing much needed war materiel against its war with Nazi Germany. But there were major strategic concessions that the British Empire (then) had to give to the United States, these included: 1) realization of trade liberalization with the United States and British foreign possessions after the war, 2) release of all British military technology research to the United States (this is argued by Western Historians to be a major factor in British power being eclipsed by the Americans) . It is argued by historians such as Dr. Max Hastings, Ph.D, Dr. Klemens Von Klemperer, Ph.D that when Britain agreed to a lax of its trade policies with its foreign possessions led the death blow to its foreign possessions in British India, Malaccas, et al as it led to an environment where an Imperial system no longer benefited Britain nor its colonies. So thus I would deign to say that the Lend-Lease Act was a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it staved the Nazi Threat and aided Britain during its moment of Existential Crisis. A curse because it practically doomed the British Empire's colonial possessions and led the United States eclipsing the British Empire.

Since then there has been a stark power ratio difference. One could argue that Britain as a 'satrap' of the United States, but since the UK does not levy soldiers for US military nor does the UK pay taxes or diret substantial percentage of her national product to the United States, and lastly sine the British have an independent foreign policy (just that its foreign policy is similar to the US since both have overlapping mutual strategic interests) then the British are not classical satraps. An example of a classical satrap would have been Pharaohic Egypt and Cyrpus, or say the Vietnamese Kingdom of Dai Viet and the Great Ming Dynasty of Imperial China.

Indeed. There is little to envy about US-UK relationship. Which country would love to be dragged from one intervention to another just because its an almost powerless junior partner in the scheme of an unequal relationship?

@Nihonjin1051 , do you envision US-Japan relations within a similar context? In my opinion, that would be disastrous for Japan.

I doubt that the Japanese Armed Forces would be sent abroad in areas that do not concern us strategically. Given, the Japanese are strategic allies with the United States in trying to maintain freedom of navigation and maintain the status quo in the immediate region, I doubt it would serve our interests in sending boots on the ground if our assets were not attacked at first. I think the only way Japan would intervene would be if Japanese citizens are threatened, or if a military conflict attacks our allies and said allies request our intervention. As it looks right now, tho, I doubt there will be any real military conflict in the region that would require massive mobilization. In regards to ISIS/ISIL, that is a problem that does not concern Japan and I doubt the National Diet will approve the deployment of our boys over there.

Hi buddy @AgentOrange , I do agree with many of your points. I think that the skewed power to power ratio between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and the United States of America happened during the early 20th century, particularly after the Great Depression , and most notably during the beginning of the War in Europe when the United States initiated the Lend-Lease Program with Great Britain, providing much needed war materiel against its war with Nazi Germany. But there were major strategic concessions that the British Empire (then) had to give to the United States, these included: 1) realization of trade liberalization with the United States and British foreign possessions after the war, 2) release of all British military technology research to the United States (this is argued by Western Historians to be a major factor in British power being eclipsed by the Americans) . It is argued by historians such as Dr. Max Hastings, Ph.D, Dr. Klemens Von Klemperer, Ph.D that when Britain agreed to a lax of its trade policies with its foreign possessions led the death blow to its foreign possessions in British India, Malaccas, et al as it led to an environment where an Imperial system no longer benefited Britain nor its colonies. So thus I would deign to say that the Lend-Lease Act was a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it staved the Nazi Threat and aided Britain during its moment of Existential Crisis. A curse because it practically doomed the British Empire's colonial possessions and led the United States eclipsing the British Empire.

Since then there has been a stark power ratio difference. One could argue that Britain as a 'satrap' of the United States, but since the UK does not levy soldiers for US military nor does the UK pay taxes or diret substantial percentage of her national product to the United States, and lastly sine the British have an independent foreign policy (just that its foreign policy is similar to the US since both have overlapping mutual strategic interests) then the British are not classical satraps. An example of a classical satrap would have been Pharaohic Egypt and Cyrpus, or say the Vietnamese Kingdom of Dai Viet and the Great Ming Dynasty of Imperial China.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving! :cheers: Excellent analysis by the way. With regards to your second point, I think the British *do* levy soldiers for the US military but not in the traditional way. Note how the Brits have participated in nearly every US military action for the last 2 decades. Regardless of whether or not these conflicts have been in Britain's interest (that's very much debatable). A stark example of this is Gulf War 2. Tony Blair really pushed ahead with British military commitments despite the war being overwhelmingly unpopular at home.

The British are probably the first ones the US turn to for extra troops and I think Britain recognizes that to maintain its role as America's favorite deputy or Robin to America's Batman, Britain will have to shed blood for their overlord.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving! :cheers: Excellent analysis by the way. With regards to your second point, I think the British *do* levy soldiers for the US military but not in the traditional way. Note how the Brits have participated in nearly every US military action for the last 2 decades. Regardless of whether or not these conflicts have been in Britain's interest (that's very much debatable). A stark example of this is Gulf War 2. Tony Blair really pushed ahead with British military commitments despite the war being overwhelmingly unpopular at home.

The British are probably the first ones the US turn to for extra troops and I think Britain recognizes that to maintain its role as America's favorite deputy or Robin to America's Batman, Britain will have to shed blood for their overlord.

My Thanksgiving was good, but the Turkey coma afterwards was not good, not good at all. I think I gained more weight, buddy. :(:(

I do agree with you that the British are very active partners of the United States. And that's an interesting comparison , the Robin-Batman relationship. LOL.

PS. At least they're not like Dr. Martin Pumpkin Luther being squashed eh? :lol:

Good to see this. Turkey and China have to look past any differences and work for a common good, and most importantly for regional peace. I do believe that China can do its part and exert its growing clout for regional peace and development in the Mideast. Turkey has much to gain if it works with China , no doubt. Afterall, one has to look at long-term interests and goals.

My Thanksgiving was good, but the Turkey coma afterwards was not good, not good at all. I think I gained more weight, buddy. :(:(

I do agree with you that the British are very active partners of the United States. And that's an interesting comparison , the Robin-Batman relationship. LOL.

PS. At least they're not like Dr. Martin Pumpkin Luther being squashed eh? :lol:

Good to see this. Turkey and China have to look past any differences and work for a common good, and most importantly for regional peace. I do believe that China can do its part and exert its growing clout for regional peace and development in the Mideast. Turkey has much to gain if it works with China , no doubt. Afterall, one has to look at long-term interests and goals.

Turkey? o_O

LOL, I meant to say UK, and in regards to the UK's role in Bahrain and greater GCC region. Definitely the U.K can benefit from a positive relationship with China. Besides, with almost $4 Trillion in reserves, China can provide loans for reconstruction work in disaffected regions in the Middle East.

LOL, I meant to say UK, and in regards to the UK's role in Bahrain and greater GCC region. Definitely the U.K can benefit from a positive relationship with China. Besides, with almost $4 Trillion in reserves, China can provide loans for reconstruction work in disaffected regions in the Middle East.
lol you had too much Turkey alright, not as sharp as what i usually expect from you. Cut down the alcohol :agree:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom