What's new

China Tops as Asian Country Most Likely to Maintain Economic Growth

high GDP growth shows strong domestic demand during the recession of the global market,and thats why the article says China manages better than India in domestic market,are you slow or something?failed to figure out something this simple and the article itself already explained prefectly.

Its fairly simple, The Advantage china has over India is China artificially manipulates Yuan where as the rest of the world including India doesnt manipulate their currencies to keep it artificially low . the consequences are there to see for example what happend to Argentina 10 yrs ago !

Argentine economic crisis (1999

Its fairly simple, The Advantage china has over India is China artificially manipulates Yuan where as the rest of the world including India doesnt manipulate their currencies to keep it artificially low . the consequences are there to see for example what happend to Argentina 10 yrs ago !

Argentine economic crisis (1999

that's what US always claims,US blames China for every mistakes they made in their country. and appreciation of RMB will do more harm than help to US economy.but personally I will be very happy to find my RMB worth more money when travelling around.

China's 10% annual growth is a fabricated number. It's phantom growth number is hugely aided by its real estate industry that generates economic "growth" by building a bunch of buildings that would find no buyer and then they demolish those buildings and rebuild another one. My uncle went to China for a business trip and his Chinese counterpart told him the same story about this scheme. At first I did not pay believe him until I come across those documentary about "empty Chinese cities" to really grasp how hollow the Chinese economy really is, the kind of growth that does not meet demand will eventually POP:woot:

Don't let those glamorous skyscrapers of Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzen, Guangzhou, etc fool you, even in those big cities, occupany rates are relatively low too. Not to forget the bullet train in Shanghai, it was built but hardly would you find a single rider on the train; again supply does not meet demand. Chinese economic growth is all about the outer surface, inside it's very hollow and can pop at anytime considering it has 64 million unoccupied apartments not to mention a chunk of infrastructure projects like airports that hardly have any traffic at all.

If I have to put an objective view on the real growth of the Chinese economy, I would say it's more in the range of 6-7% annual growth than the often reported 10%

China's 10% annual growth is a fabricated number. It's phantom growth number is hugely aided by its real estate industry that generates economic "growth" by building a bunch of buildings that would find no buyer and then they demolish those buildings and rebuild another one. My uncle went to China for a business trip and his Chinese counterpart told him the same story about this scheme. At first I did not pay believe him until I come across those documentary about "empty Chinese cities" to really grasp how hollow the Chinese economy really is, the kind of growth that does not meet demand will eventually POP:woot:

Don't let those glamorous skyscrapers of Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzen, Guangzhou, etc fool you, even in those big cities, occupany rates are relatively low too. Not to forget the bullet train in Shanghai, it was built but hardly would you find a single rider on the train; again supply does not meet demand. Chinese economic growth is all about the outer surface, inside it's very hollow and can pop at anytime considering it has 64 million unoccupied apartments not to mention a chunk of infrastructure projects like airports that hardly have any traffic at all.

If I have to put an objective view on the real growth of the Chinese economy, I would say it's more in the range of 6-7% annual growth than the often reported 10%

Of course it is fabricated, because our actual growth is something close to 20%.

Our govt doesn't want our economy turn out to be overheated, so they are trying the best to cool down the economy.

Our govt doesn't want our economy turn out to be overheated, so they are trying the best to cool down the economy.

Exactly, and it is working. They have successfully cooled down the economy from 10-11% to now 9%.

Inflation is falling now... so maybe we should go back into higher levels of growth after this year.

Of course it is fabricated, because our actual growth is something close to 20%.

Our govt doesn't want our economy to be overheated, so they are trying the best to cool down the economy.
20% my behind, get real dude. Even for a big city, a report of 20% growth is very close to bullxhit, let alone the entire country.

Real growth is more like 6-7%

Don't let those glamorous skyscrapers of Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzen, Guangzhou, etc fool you,

can you vietnamese use"fake growth'to build up a whole bunch world first class cities like those?the country got to have loads of money to do this,you dont mean the money is also "fake",do you?haha

20% my behind, get real dude. Even for a big city, a report of 20% growth is very close to bullxhit, let alone the entire country.

Real growth is more like 6-7%

Growth minus inflation is likely 6-7%, cause we haven't stuck with our inflation up to 20% or more like Vietnam.

all the business people come to China to invest,China has the biggest FDI in the world,they are all stupid,only this 5Star vietnamese guy is smart,haha,the last "smart"guy on this planet.

China Jan-Oct FDI rises 15.9 pct y/y to $95 bln

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:11pm EST

Nov 16 (Reuters) - China drew $95 billion in
foreign direct investment (FDI) in the first 10 months of this
year, up 15.9 percent from the same period in 2010, the Commerce
Ministry said on Wednesday.
In October alone, China attracted $8.3 billion in FDI, up
8.75 percent from a year ago, the ministry said.
Investment inflows, which surged in the years after China
joined the World Trade Organisation in 2001, have recovered
strongly after being hit hard by the global economic slowdown.

seems like China is the world's last safe heaven for the global investers.

Growth minus inflation is likely 6-7%, cause we haven't stuck with our inflation up to 20% or more like Vietnam.
Viet Nam's growth number is nominal growth-inflation %=5-7%

People simply don't understand when they read the news about our inflation. Let's make it simple for them. 20 years ago, Viet Nam was mostly a bicycle country, 20 years later, Viet Nam is mostly motorbikes & cars. We don't fabricate our growth number nor we ban the use of motorbike in big cities just to show how "rich" we really are.

Viet Nam's growth number is nominal growth-inflation %=5-7%

20 years ago, Viet Nam was mostly a bicycle country, 20 years later, Viet Nam is mostly motorbikes & cars. We don't fabricate our growth number nor we ban the use of motorbike in big cities just to show how "rich" we really are.

20 years ago my whole family had two bicycles,and now 3 German cars.

30 Oct 2011 – There are 22 million people and some 6 million cars.

considering children and old people,averagely young and middle aged people almost all have cars in Beijing.Beijing will soon become the city with most cars in the world.

China: half of world's new-car sales by 2020
Jez Spinks
May 3, 2011

World's biggest car market set to become gigantic - with new-car boom predicted to reach 40 million sales by 2020.

China could account for half of the world’s new-car market by the end of the decade, according to industry experts.

The world’s most populous country already boasts the biggest car market globally, but its gap to second-placed North America is expected to widen dramatically by 2020.

China achieved a global record new-car sales figure of 18.06 million units in 2010, and the country’s manufacturers and officials are predicting the country will reach 40 million by 2020.

20 years ago my whole family has two bicycles,and now 3 German cars.

Wow ... That amazing! How many major brands have you fabricated such as iphone, Sony, Panasonic, Seagate, Nike? I will feel shameless if I said China was great China, rich still work under Japs, US investors money.

If you are not fabricated stuff, then you must a very high rank from China who can has power to get undertable money. Else ... you can't be rich that fast unless Mr.Mao's bless you.

Chinese TV Host Says Regime Nearly Bankrupt | Business & Economy | China | Epoch Times

China’s economy has a reputation for being strong and prosperous, but according to a well-known Chinese television personality the country’s Gross Domestic Product is going in reverse.

Larry Lang, chair professor of Finance at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, said in a lecture that he didn’t think was being recorded that the Chinese regime is in a serious economic crisis—on the brink of bankruptcy. In his memorable formulation: every province in China is Greece.

The restrictions Lang placed on the Oct. 22 speech in Shenyang City, in northern China’s Liaoning Province, included no audio or video recording, and no media. He can be heard saying that people should not post his speech online, or “everyone will look bad,” in the audio that is now on Youtube.

In the unusual, closed-door lecture, Lang gave a frank analysis of the Chinese economy and the censorship that is placed on intellectuals and public figures. “What I’m about to say is all true. But under this system, we are not allowed to speak the truth,” he said.

Despite Lang’s polished appearance on his high-profile TV shows, he said: “Don’t think that we are living in a peaceful time now. Actually the media cannot report anything at all. Those of us who do TV shows are so miserable and frustrated, because we cannot do any programs. As long as something is related to the government, we cannot report about it.”

He said that the regime doesn’t listen to experts, and that Party officials are insufferably arrogant. “If you don’t agree with him, he thinks you are against him,” he said.

Lang’s assessment that the regime is bankrupt was based on five conjectures.

Firstly, that the regime’s debt sits at about 36 trillion yuan (US$5.68 trillion). This calculation is arrived at by adding up Chinese local government debt (between 16 trillion and 19.5 trillion yuan, or US$2.5 trillion and US$3 trillion), and the debt owed by state-owned enterprises (another 16 trillion, he said). But with interest of two trillion per year, he thinks things will unravel quickly.

Secondly, that the regime’s officially published inflation rate of 6.2 percent is fabricated. The real inflation rate is 16 percent, according to Lang.

Thirdly, that there is serious excess capacity in the economy, and that private consumption is only 30 percent of economic activity. Lang said that beginning this July, the Purchasing Managers Index, a measure of the manufacturing industry, plunged to a new low of 50.7. This is an indication, in his view, that China’s economy is in recession.

Fourthly, that the regime’s officially published GDP of 9 percent is also fabricated. According to Lang’s data, China’s GDP has decreased 10 percent. He said that the bloated figures come from the dramatic increase in infrastructure construction, including real estate development, railways, and highways each year (accounting for up to 70 percent of GDP in 2010).

Fifthly, that taxes are too high. Last year, the taxes on Chinese businesses (including direct and indirect taxes) were at 70 percent of earnings. The individual tax rate sits at 81.6 percent, Lang said.

Once the “economic tsunami” starts, the regime will lose credibility and China will become the poorest country in the world, Lang said.

Several commentators have expressed broad agreement with Lang’s analysis.

Professor Frank Xie at the University of South Carolina, Aiken, said that the idea of China going bankrupt isn’t far fetched. Major construction projects have helped inflate the GDP, he says. “On the surface, it is a big number, but inflation is even higher. So in reality, China’s economy is in recession.”

Further, Xie said that official figures shouldn’t be relied on. The regime’s vice premier, Li Keqiang for example, admitted to a U.S. diplomat that he doesn’t believe the statistics produced by lower-level officials, and when he was the governor of Liaoning Province “had to personally see the hard data.”

Cheng Xiaonong, an economist and former aide to ousted Party leader Zhao Ziyang, said that high praise of the “China model” is often made on the basis of the high-visibility construction projects, a big GDP, and much money in foreign reserves. “They pay little attention to things such as whether people’s basic rights are guaranteed, or their living standard has improved or not,” he said.

Behind the fiat control of the economy, which can have the appearance of being efficient, there is enormous waste and corruption, Cheng said. It means that little spending is done on education, welfare, the health system, etc.

Cheng says that for the last decade the Chinese regime has accumulated its wealth primarily by promoting real estate development, buying urban and suburban residential properties at low prices (or simply taking them), and selling them to developers at high prices.

According to Cheng, the goals of regime officials (to enrich themselves and increase their power) are in direct conflict with those of the people–so social injustice expands, and economic propaganda meant to portray the situation as otherwise prevails.

Few scholars inside the country dare to speak as Lang has, Cheng said. And that’s probably because he has a professorship in Hong Kong.

Back
Top Bottom