What's new

China to Trounce U.S. in Next Decade

but China is 10 years ahead... no doubt about it...

Actually, China and India had a similar GDP in 1990. Today, China's economy is four times bigger than India's, and growing faster too.

We started from the same point in 1990, the difference is that China sustained double-digit growth for three decades.

Whereas India's economic growth nowadays is actually slowing down, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Worry about India first, before you start complaining about Chinese property issues.

China and India had a similar GDP in 1990. Today, China's economy is four times bigger than India's, and growing faster too.

We started from the same point in 1990, the difference is that China sustained double-digit growth for three decades.

Whereas India's economic growth is actually slowing down already, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Worry about India first, before you start complaining about Chinese property issues.

NewsFlash my friend, you are slowing down. We are both slwoing down for same reason, over heating of economy and rising interest rates. Slow down is intentional.

China and India had a similar GDP in 1990. Today, China's economy is four times bigger than India's, and growing faster too.

Whereas India's economic growth is actually slowing down (already), according to the Wall Street Journal.

Sorry no we started our economic reforms in the year 1992!!!! thats 10 years behind Chians 1979 or so econmic reforms!!!

"China to Trounce U.S. in Next Decade" i am only inquiring on how CHINA WILL ACOMPLISH SUCH A FEAT....

For now India is good position, Inflation is easy to take care of, i already mention... I think as of now to day the economy of india is probably around 1.8 trillion dollars, this time next year it will be over 2 trilion...

NOT THE POINT, India's growth is not slowing, 8.5% is not slow or something to be alarmed off....

India's growth : 10.4 % China's growth :10.3%
source: IMF

SO? please explain, the how the gov of China is planning to tackle this mammoth issue

"China to Trounce U.S. in Next Decade" i am only inquiring on how CHINA WILL ACOMPLISH SUCH A FEAT....

I do NOT believe that we can "trounce" the US in the next decade.

As I have already noted on this thread, these articles are always written by Westerners themselves.

Chinese are more realistic, we know that we are nowhere close to matching America's power.

According to Merril Lynch"

" Two decades of financial reforms in India have raised the aspirations of people and are fuelling demand for a better life with education, financial standards and political governance. India can expect a nominal growth of 13.5% annually till 2020 that would catapult the economy to China’s current size. India will be the fastest growing economy in Bric after China, but it will take the country 18 years to reach China's current GDP, in real terms, at a 7.5% growth rate."

sound cool, but do i believe it NO WE STILL GOT A LONG WAY TO GO! So Chinnese members

In a realistic point of view, its very unlikely to see such scenario happening because in the long run China is going to be contain. We already see the sign of that recently with Vietnam, Philippines, Japan, even Russia and many other south east nations without mentioning India, Australia and US which already a threat to China have already begun the containment process.

32K for Hong Kong actually but that is off-topic.

No, using HK (a territory of UK till 1999 and basically a first world Island) is piss poor example. You claimed that Shanghai is 10 times richer than New Delhi (Delhi is not the richest place in India nor is shanghai Chinese capital) and I just wanted to know if 20k$ or more was average in Shanghai.

Anyway who tries to use Japan as an example of what will happen to China is being misguided

China has ten times the population and dozens of times the land mass of Japan.

Hence more constraint on energy resources since they are not actually growing even though their prices are..

... but it will take the country 18 years to reach China's current GDP.

Read what you posted, it will take 18 years for India to reach China's current GDP ($6 trillion).

So in 18 years, you might have what we already have today.

Which is not very impressive.

No, using HK (a territory of UK till 1999 and basically a first world Island) is piss poor example. You claimed that Shanghai is 10 times richer than New Delhi (Delhi is not the richest place in India nor is shanghai Chinese capital) and I just wanted to know if 20k$ or more was average in Shanghai.

No, my mistake. It is closer to five times. Here are the numbers:

Hong Kong - GDP per capita - $31,799
Shanghai - GDP per capita - $11,361
Beijing - GDP per capita - US$10,070

Delhi - GDP per capita - $1,678
Mumbai - GDP per capita - $2,265

So if as your friend says, Chinese have no money in their pockets... then one Chinese person still has more money than four Indians combined.

Shanghai - GDP per capita - $11,361
Beijing - GDP per capita - US$10,070

Delhi - GDP per capita - $1,678
Mumbai - GDP per capita - $2,265

So if as your friend says, Chinese have no money in their pockets, they can still buy more than four Indians combined.

Well more in line with national average then..yet, how high is Chinese PCI? Not high enough!

Read what you posted, it will take 18 years for India to reach China's current GDP ($6 trillion).

So in 18 years, you might have what we already have today.

Which is not very impressive.

How come? Reform in India started like 13-14 years behind China and we have never grown as fast as China, not even close. It clearly is impressive for India, right!

..yet, how high is Chinese PCI? Not high enough!

Not high enough at all. Not even close.

Which is why it is shameful, that your proud friend's "Merril Lynch" source, says it will take 18 years for India to reach where we are today.

S

So if as your friend says, Chinese have no money in their pockets... then one Chinese person still has more money than four Indians combined.

GDP - per capita (PPP):
Field info displayed for all countries in alpha order.
$45,900 (2010 est.)
country comparison to the world: 13
$43,200 (2009 est.)
$44,600 (2008 est.)
note: data are in 2010 US dollars
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/hk.html

GDP - per capita (PPP):
Field info displayed for all countries in alpha order.
$45,900 (2010 est.)
country comparison to the world: 13

That is by GDP (PPP) buddy.

All my figures are GDP (nominal).

HK is amongst the highest in the world by GDP (PPP) per capita.

Back
Top Bottom