What's new

China to open a drone factory in Saudi Arabia

i am not sure if its offset deal..
Yes, it is. No need to pay hard cash. Turkey need Mushak and Pakistan need T129.

It is not because There is something wrong with Z10 so that Pakistan go for T129. It's because offset deal is a better offer cause China won't buy Mushak.

It includes 52 units of Mushak, quite a big number.

i think you should ask some military geek i am not, but still i dont think Mushak will cost as much..

KARACHI: Turkey has decided to buy 52 Super Mushshak basic trainer aircraft, costing more than $50 million, over the next three years, Defence Production Minister Rana Tanveer Hussain said on Wednesday.
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1242574/turkey-opts-buy-52-super-mushshak-aircraft-pakistan/

images

You Guys support the Syrian Government of Bashar Al Assad. While setting up Drone Production in KSA too? Which will be likely used against Syrians in future? Now that's called War Profiteering.

And what's wrong with that?

In geopolitics, all countries look after their own national self-interests first.

ALL countries do this, because that's how geopolitics works.

Some of these Drones will go to Alliance of Islamic countries .. Chinese Options are good in a sense that they come without much string unlike American and European Systems ..

as for some Chinese Members criticizing Pakistan to chose Turkish systems over Chinese , it is very stupid to think that, because China is not our Master we are free to buy whatever we Want, and whatever we feel is more Advance, there is no need to get angry , we don't dictate China to buy anything .. Pakistan picks Milgem class Corvette was mainly of two reasons ..
1-it comes with a Turkish loan of 400 Million for initial payment
2-We want to diverse our options to buy systems from other countries

and as for comparison of T-129 and Z-10's there are threads to go through , each copter has its Pro's and Con's .. and which ever we choose is based on what we think will be best for Pakistan Armed force, neither China nor Turkey can or should criticize us for choosing . Pakistan bought many Weapons from China in past and even in Future let me mention few of them ..

JF-17
Patrol Ships
Submarines
Air defense Systems
Coastal Defense systems
F-22P
and many other's ..so relax my Chinese Friends, we are buying quite a huge amount of weapons and systems from China, not because we are afraid or these weapons are pushed down our throats by Chinese .. its because they we want them and they cover our requirements .

Some of these Drones will go to Alliance of Islamic countries .. Chinese Options are good in a sense that they come without much string unlike American and European Systems ..

as for some Chinese Members criticizing Pakistan to chose Turkish systems over Chinese , it is very stupid to think that, because China is not our Master we are free to buy whatever we Want, and whatever we feel is more Advance, there is no need to get angry , we don't dictate China to buy anything .. Pakistan picks Milgem class Corvette was mainly of two reasons ..

and as for comparison of T-129 and Z-10's there are threads to go through , each copter has its Pro's and Con's .. and which ever we choose is based on what we think will be best for Pakistan Armed force, neither China nor Turkey can or should criticize us for choosing . Pakistan bought many Weapons from China in past and even in Future let me mention few of them ..

JF-17
Patrol Ships
Submarines
Air defense Systems
Coastal Defense systems
F-22P
and many other's ..so relax my Chinese Friends, we are buying quite a huge amount of weapons and systems from China, not because we are afraid or these weapons are pushed down our throats by Chinese .. its because they we want them and they cover our requirements .

When has China forces Pakistanis purchasing anything? If China gets Pakistan deal , it is due to the best of bucks for Pakistanis. But are you going to deny the sentiment of most Pakistanis members including elite members who advocate buying just anything from Turkey without any merit on technology and even operation requirement. The fact is China has supported and supply large number of Pakistan military projects and yet what most of these ignorant Pakistanis including an ex moderator(Oscar) is to hurl insult on low quality and even think inferior products sold to them by China. These idiots need to be educated and I can bet they dont even mind to be slave by Turkey and obey at every of their command.

Last edited:
I am a Turk and even I know that China is decades ahead of Turkey in defence industries.

I've never come across a Pakistani who claimed that Turkey's products are superior to Chinese products.

It's quite strange that a country big and rich as China fears Turkish competition.

Another proof for our sustained progress in the defence industry. :p

Why didnt Saudi buy mighty turkey drone? A lot of Pakistanis think turkey drone is more superior to Chinese one..

I hope Saudi decision tells those ignorant the answer.

KSA is country that pretends to be religious but de facto very politically pragmatic.

For the pragmatic people: power > anything other factors. That's why KSA mostly prefers to align themselves with the Christian USA over many fellow Muslim countries. For the same reason, the Chinese drone is the best available option for them on the table.

BTW, let's move back to the topic.

KSA is country that pretends to be religious but de facto very politically pragmatic
Agree 100%. That's what most people forget. The leaders of KSA and GCC are very pragmatic and business oriented countries(maybe it's no surprise that they are the wealthiest in the Muslim world) compared to even Iran(whose government is more ideological/religious to some extent), something I find rather surprising/puzzling, since the average Iranian is far more liberal/open minded than the average Arab(well, from my own experience/encounters with both). It's an interesting phenomenon.

For the pragmatic people: power > anything other factors.
True.

That's why KSA mostly prefers to align themselves with the Christian USA over many fellow Muslim countries.

Well, many muslim countries display such alignment. For example even islamic republic of Iran supports Christian Armenia over Muslim Azerbaijan and they are allied with "Christian white" Russia instead of other Muslim countries, Islamic state of Pakistan has been a close Christian U.S ally for decades, Turkey has been a member of "Christian white Club" NATO for over half a century to this day, Indonesia/Malaysia/Egypt etc have very good relations with Christian western powers as well.
So I don't think this one counts for much.

Last edited:
Agree 100%. That's what most people forget. The leaders of KSA and GCC are very pragmatic and business oriented countries(maybe it's Jo surprise that they are the wealthiest in the Muslim world) compared to even Iran(whose government is more ideological/religious to some extent), something I find rather surprising/puzzling, since the average Iranian is far more liberal/open minded than the average Arab(well, from my own experience/encounters with both). It's an interesting phenomenon.

True.

That's why both KSA and Iran are viable option for us, since they are both pragmatic intrinsically.

China's CH-4/5 can also be opted for Iran.

I am a Turk and even I know that China is decades ahead of Turkey in defence industries.

I've never come across a Pakistani who claimed that Turkey's products are superior to Chinese products.

It's quite strange that a country big and rich as China fears Turkish competition.

Another proof for our sustained progress in the defence industry. :p
We never fear Turks competition,it will never be at the same level in the foreseeable future.
we are just angry with the literally ignorance and defamation by our long time brothers who we have give so much help when comes to the competition with Turks
It is like betrayal
Why we should help a betrayal nation especially when we need sacrifice great interest with India to help them

Last edited:

JF-17
Patrol Ships
Submarines
Air defense Systems
Coastal Defense systems
F-22P
Please ignore him, but he is not a bad guy. China will offer Pakistan the best we can to compete, that's all we need to do.

We never fear Turks competition,we are just angry with the literally ignorance and defamation by our long time brothers who we have give so much help when comes to the competition with Turks
It is like betrayal
Why we should help a betrayal nation especially when we need sacrifice great interest with India
Don't be naive. Now pack up and go home.

Back
Top Bottom