What's new

China to launch fifth orbiter for its own 'GPS'

You guys need more than 35 if those 1.3 billion people were all to text and use car navigation. I would say, at least 240...

You guys need more than 35 if those 1.3 billion people were all to text and use car navigation. I would say, at least 240...

GPS sats do not send+receive signals, they only send a set frequency. So there can be a unlimited number of receivers there.

Beidou system does not require a large constellation of satellites to cover the same area as American GPS, Russian GLNOSS and European Galileo systems, because unlike other systems which use medium Earth orbit(MEO) satellites, BeiDou uses satellites in geostationary orbit(GEO).

GPS sats do not send+receive signals, they only send a set frequency. So there can be a unlimited number of receivers there.

No, that only applies to satellite TV, which I left out in my example. Navigators and text messages travel both ways, thus requiring significant satellite processing power.

Last edited:
congrats to china,may god and the hardworking Chinese people make this system as or even more successful than gps

Back
Top Bottom