What's new

China to get S-400 from russia in 2017

There is no system in this world that better than S-400 right now.

You should focus on 40N6 missile. But anyway S-400 is unproven platform.
US has many assets : SM-3, SM-6, Stunner...

Let compare Stunner alone with 40N6.

A S-400 is improved S-300 with new missile 40N6.

I heard that, Vietnam improved their S-300 with new missile and radar from S-400 system.
xem-he-thong-phong-khong-s300pmu1-viet-nam-tac-chien_18104925.jpg

Last edited:
There is no system in this world that better than S-400 right now.
Loled , how do u know ? Have you tested them all ? Im sure the west has as much as good air defense systems if not better .....
Any way , theres no system in the world that can give the answer to all aerial threats , u need multiple systems and technologies in order to achieve this goal.
For example Israel's multilayer air defense systems

Same size , weight and everything. It is a top classify weapon system. Not many people know about the HQ-19 except the US intelligentce. According to them, we have conduct all successful test and I believe deployment will soon arrive no latter than 2020s.

A-135 is not comparable to THAAD or HQ-19 for one simple fact that it is a silo.
This is not a full-fledged missile defense. If only because the speed of the rocket is very small and it does not have time in the entry point Ballistic warheads in the atmosphere. These complexes except that the anti-missile North Korea will go. No more.

not many long range precision guided weapons were used in the Vietnam war era. I am not aware ballistic or cruise missile being used.
I don't think China will only use missiles as only weapon in case of war, however in recent conflicts, missiles has played major role in first wave of SEAD operations.

We all know that ballistic missiles are unguided weapons.
SEAD used in Vietnam.

And the situation at the time, why they must use long range ballistic missiles while they could just fly over and drop the bombs or shoot short range guided missile ?

Besides the two sets of S-300, most of other systems were introduced in 60s era, SPYDER is battlefield air defense the range of interception is too short to intercept any high speed object like ballistic or cruise missiles, given too little reaction time.
I have to assume the S-300 is tasked with protecting major cities like Hanoi and Hochiminh, but wouldn't that leave your military installations like runways and ports vulnerable to strike?

I don't think long range cruise missiles are high speed object. SPYDER or even Manpads, could easily shot them down if it was tracked.

Yeah our military installations was damaged heavily in Vietnam War. It's not new to see our runways and ports damaged or blocked.

Last edited:
We all know that ballistic missiles are unguided weapons.
SEAD used in Vietnam.

And the situation at the time, why they must use long range ballistic missiles while they could just fly over and drop the bombs or shoot short range guided missile ?

Yeah our military installations was damaged heavily in Vietnam War.

Hmm, the tactics have changed since the Vietnam war, cruise missiles were used extensively in gulf war, and Kosovo. and the 2nd gulf war. no need to send your pilots and planes into harms way until you have suppressed some of the enemy air defense.

for ballistic missiles, US do not process MRBM or IRBM, which are ideal to use against fixed military installations like runways, ports, fuel depots, and China is well known to equip MRBM and IRBM with conventional payload to use against potential non-nuclear state.

while cruise missile is easier to intercept than ballistic missile, it is harder to detect, with no airborne early warning, it is not easy to track a ballistic missile on land.

Hmm, the tactics have changed since the Vietnam war, cruise missiles were used extensively in gulf war, and Kosovo. and the 2nd gulf war. no need to send your pilots and planes into harms way until you have suppressed some of the enemy air defense.
for ballistic missiles, US do not process MRBM or IRBM, which are ideal to use against fixed military installations like runways, ports, fuel depots, and China is well known to equip MRBM and IRBM with conventional payload to use against potential non-nuclear state.
while cruise missile is easier to intercept than ballistic missile, it is harder to detect, with no airborne early warning, it is not easy to track a ballistic missile on land.

The big point I want to tell you, the total payload of China MRBM ( 600kgs / 1x DF-21 ) which could use against the southern neighbor is very small, and not enough for "teach a lesson " idea.
If you want to discuss more on this please create another thread, ok?

The big point I want to tell you, the total payload of China MRBM ( 600kgs / 1x DF-21 ) which could use against the southern neighbor is very small, and not enough for "teach a lesson " idea.
If you want to discuss more on this please create another thread, ok?

I said nothing about "teach a lesson", DF-21 is not only be the only weapon used in case of a conflict, it i will be all missiles in our inventory. including CJ-10, DF-15, DF-16, afterall Vietnam is not a big area to cover.

or you don't want to bring Vietnam into this discussion even Vietnam is one of the owner of S-300 system?

What's with the frustration?

I said nothing about "teach a lesson", DF-21 is not only be the only weapon used in case of a conflict, it i will be all missiles in our inventory. including CJ-10, DF-15, DF-16, afterall Vietnam is not a big area to cover.

or you don't want to bring Vietnam into this discussion even Vietnam is one of the owner of S-300 system?

What's with the frustration?

But you want to bring ballistic and cruise missile here. which is derailment.
You think it's big, but let estimate the total payload of your CJ-10, DF-15, DF-16, DF-21 and tell me the number.

Let count the craters in the picture,
fort_craters.jpg

1413810823_2edfc19d18.jpg

Last edited:
But you want to bring ballistic and cruise missile here. which is derailment.
You think it's big, but let estimate the total payload of your CJ-10, DF-15, DF-16, DF-21 and tell me the number.

Let count the craters in the picture,
fort_craters.jpg

1413810823_2edfc19d18.jpg

It is only fair you wanted to further discuss SM-6, THAAD, and HQ-9

High explosive warhead on Ballistic missile is very effective to damage runway due to velocity and angle, not because of its payload weight, and you only need to target the runway choke points with precision to disable it, no need for anti-runway munition.

It is only fair you wanted to further discuss SM-6, THAAD, and HQ-9

High explosive warhead on Ballistic missile is very effective to damage runway due to velocity and angle, not because of its payload weight, and you only need to target the runway choke points with precision to disable it, no need for anti-runway munition.

Your way isn't any new.

Bottom line:

HQ-9 isn't better than S-300
S-400 is superior in everyway,

and China decided to buy both S-300 and S-400 ( and S-500 if possile )

Bottom line:

HQ-9 isn't better than S-300
S-400 is superior in everyway,

and China decided to buy both S-300 and S-400 ( and S-500 if possile )

Get your facts straight, HQ -9 was developed after we bought S-300, not the other way around. so HQ-9 is better than S-300.

Bottom line,

HQ-9 is more than enough to counter VN and Philippines in SCS.

Get your facts straight, HQ -9 was developed after we bought S-300, not the other way around. so HQ-9 is better than S-300.

Bottom line,

HQ-9 is more than enough to counter VN and Philippines in SCS.

your bought S-300 isn't the best S-300.
The best S-300 come with 40N6 missiles.

About deployment in Woody
1. Ever you seen VN, PH challenged your occupied island in Paracel ? No, it's not about VN, PH
2. [In the news] The Deployment attracted other big rivals, like Japan, Australia, India...

Heydarian said the U.S. and its allies are running out of time and that a concerted effort is needed in the region, including greater diplomatic pressure and more regular joint patrols by the U.S. and its allies such as Australia, Japan and India.
'Chinese missiles' in South China Sea seen as escalation of tensions | The Japan Times

Last edited:

Your argument is illogical. it could be worse or better, but that's comparison to export variant of S-300 to China.
We all know the fact that "Russian export variant" is always worse than domestic variant

you are wrong again. . 40N6 missile is developed on S-300 platform but was introduced with S-400.

Do you mean, there's no S-300 come with 40N6? actually S-400 could be assigned as improved S-300 variant, S-300 PM3

Russian S-300 missile systems capable of targeting near space 'enter service' — RT News

While we know HQ-9 is harmless to flying objects at 28,000m altitude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom