What's new

CHINA TO BECOME WORLD'S LARGEST CHRISTIAN NATION BY MID-CENTURY

You must be dense or blind. Proselytism is written into the bible. Do you think that Christianity would be the world largest religion if they took no for an answer? I've personally missed being "converted" many times, some of the tricks they pulled especially consider my age then was despicable.

Proselytism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

True. It does happen in India as well. But most westerners seems to be ignorant of these things. Christian Missionaries mostly concentrate on poorer section bribing them to convert. They even indulge in blaspheming other religions to make their point. Lot of attacks on Christians in India happen because of this.

But that doesn't mean entire religion is bad. Some of them convert because of change in faith. I don't see a problem with that. Its only when they force and bribe poorer sections to convert they loose their credibility. All religions have good and bad sides to it. Proselytism isn't on the bright side.

True. It does happen in India as well. But most westerners seems to be ignorant of these things. Christian Missionaries mostly concentrate on poorer section bribing them to convert. They even indulge in blaspheming other religions to make their point. Lot of attacks on Christians in India happen because of this.

But that doesn't mean entire religion is bad. Some of them convert because of change in faith. I don't see a problem with that. Its only when they force and bribe poorer sections to convert they loose their credibility. All religions have good and bad sides to it. Proselytism isn't on the bright side.

I'm not against religion IF the practitioners can adapt a live and let live attitude, not be the root of bigotry and conflict, not impede the progress of science, let children choose their own religion when they are mentally mature enough to make the decision.

needless to say, very few religions get my stamp of approval (not that they care)

You are one flaming hypocrite.

Christians aren't trying to convert others either. You can't convert someone to a religion unless they want to convert.

Do you think Christians in China are holding people at gun point and saying "accept Christianity" no.

As for you last comments, don't make such ridiculous statements. It only makes you look more moronic. :disagree:

You laugh at below_freezing for not know the history of Islam, (he himself admits he doesn't know much about religion) yet you go on and sprout same mistaken view word for word and think yourself more intelligent. You kind of make me sick.

You must be dense or blind. Proselytism is written into the bible. Do you think that Christianity would be the world largest religion if they took no for an answer? I've personally missed being "converted" many times, some of the tricks they pulled especially consider my age then was despicable.

Proselytism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had the same experience as you.

One of my Aunts was what you might call a "fundamentalist Christian". When I was very young, she often told me that I was going to Hell because I didn't believe in the Bible. In fact she said my whole family was going to Hell because they were not Christians.

To be fair... out of all the Christians I have met, the vast majority have been very reasonable, and compassionate people.

I just had the bad luck to have a fundamentalist as an Aunt.

Just because I'm thanking a post doesn't mean I agree with everything in it, if I agree with one part of the post, then I will thank it.

Like I said, you falsely accused me of being anti-Christian, and you have no proof whatsoever.

Well hypocrycy at its best didnt you accused me of support japanese war crimes just because i said thanks to challenger in other issues?

I had the same experience as you.

One of my Aunts was what you might call a "fundamentalist Christian". When I was very young, she often told me that I was going to Hell because I didn't believe in the Bible. In fact she said my whole family was going to Hell because they were not Christians.

To be fair... out of all the Christians I have met, the vast majority have been very reasonable, and compassionate people.

I just had the bad luck to have a fundamentalist as an Aunt.

That and massive amounts of peer pressure, and guilt. Very hard things to do deal with as a child.

hmm in 1990s, local Christians used to spread booklet about Isa Masih (Jesus Christ), Cross pictures was not suitable for kids.

and I have stupid fren in Yahoo Instant Messenger, He always talks bla bla, I already told I m an atheist.

That and massive amounts of peer pressure, and guilt. Very hard things to do deal with as a child.

Well we both turned out to be Atheists... so whatever they tried to do, it clearly didn't work. :azn:

P.S. I've got ChinaRocks on my "ignore list", so I won't be able to see what he writes.

hmm in 1990s, local Christians used to spread booklet about Isa Masih (Jesus Christ), Cross pictures was not suitable for kids.

and I have stupid fren in Yahoo Instant Messenger, He always talks bla bla, I already told I m an atheist.

Dude when I was in Hyderabad, one guy handed me a pamphlet. I was shocked to see what was on it, the Crescent and the Om were written off as "untrue" and there was this huge Cross with the words 'follow the true faith' and stuff like 'Jesus is your saviour'

You know part of it is very understandable. They've discovered God they are happy. It's natural to want to share this with your friend, but really those aren't the people whose behaviour I find disturbing. I reserve that for those missionary who go to native populations in places Papua or South America. They use their relative advantage and wealth to coax the natives to accept Christianity, and as one of the conditions, those same natives are expected to reject their traditional values.

Well we both turned out to be Atheists... so whatever they tried to do, it clearly didn't work. :azn:

P.S. I've got ChinaRocks on my "ignore list", so I won't be able to see what he writes.
He doesn't bother me too much. He is so absurd it borders on the comical. I doubt many people here take him too seriously.

Dude when I was in Hyderabad, one guy handed me a pamphlet. I was shocked to see what was on it, the Crescent and the Om were written off as "untrue" and there was this huge Cross with the words 'follow the true faith' and stuff like 'Jesus is your saviour'

Well it is an "exclusive" religion, so they can't accept other religions as being true...

You know part of it is very understandable. They've discovered God they are happy. It's natural to want to share this with your friend, but really those aren't the people whose behaviour I find disturbing. I reserve that for those missionary who go to native populations in places Papua or South America. They use their relative advantage and wealth to coax the natives to accept Christianity, and as one of the conditions, those same natives are expected to reject their traditional values.

Yes, it's the "born-again" syndrome.

Which might explain why many of us had the same experience, since a lot of Chinese Christians are recent converts, i.e. they are "born-again" Christians.

I've met some real whackos. One was on my campus in USA who ran the Campus Crusade for Christ - trying to convert all international students to Christianity. One white guy at LA Airport had converted to Hinduism and tried to convert me to Hinduism - I found that a tad hilarious.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom