What's new

China to be world largest Christian country in less than a generation

As one of those men was a Primate of Chinese Catholics and the other an avowed enemy of that faith and an advocate of totalitarian atheism who imprisoned the Cardinal and had him tortured, and the OP is specifically about the growth of that Christian faith in China...

Like I said, I wouldn't think it needed much explanation.

OK let me try to read you correctly. You're saying that Cardinal Ignatius Kung is a bright shinning example of a commendable Christian figure. Then what? are you saying that this fact should persuade China to embrace their growing Christian population?

What about other Christians who are not so commendable? What about the head of the Church of England who did not mind having soldiers killing people under her banner? and not just any random people, they were killing Chinese christians.

What about the British soldiers who were Christians and took part in those killings?

Edit: I forgot to add the ironic part. It was the French and Brits (who fought on behalf of the British Crown, who also happen to be the head of the English Church) who destroyed the last Christian theocracy in recent world history (if you ignored the Vatican). It was this Chinese Christian theocracy that had the most Chinese Christian population, even today.

Last edited:
OK let me try to read you correctly. You're saying that Cardinal Ignatius Kung is a bright shinning example of a commendable Christian figure. Then what? are you saying that this fact should persuade China to embrace their growing Christian population?
Yes.

Biography of Cardinal Kung

What about the head of the Church of England who did not mind having soldiers killing people under her banner? and not just any random people, they were killing Chinese christians.
"What about it" is that she did so, not as the Head of the Church of England, but as the Head of the British Empire. That is why your reasoning is nonsense. Were English soldiers fighting for Christianity when they fought....Christian France? No, they were fighting for the British Empire NOT for "Christianity".

Look, you can keep bringing up the British or French empires all you want and it will still be a ridiculous argument as you are tying to claim that because the Queen of England is the symbolic head of the Church of England, that somehow that is an indictment of the entire Christian faith. It's ridiculous reasoning. The British intervened in China to advance the interests of the British Empire, not Jesus of Nazareth.

And as I have already said, it's a particularly silly argument to use against me as both my family and my country fought that same British Empire in two wars, in order to win our independence from them. Secondly, the British historically persecuted the Church I belong to so I have nothing but sympathy for the Chinese Christians they may have also persecuted.

Last edited:
"What about it" is that she did so, not as the Head of the Church of England, but as the Head of the British Empire. That is why your reasoning is nonsense. Were English soldiers fighting for Christianity when they fought....Christian France? No, they were fighting for the British Empire NOT for "Christianity".

No, your reasoning is nonsense here. She claims the title "Head of the church" and confess herself as a Christian, that means everyone has a right to judge her conduct as a Christian or as head of the church. If she doesn't want people to judge her action as being representative of the Anglican church, then she should have forfeit her title as being "head of the church". Same as the Christian soldiers who committed murder. If they don't want people to defame Christianity for their conduct, they should have not claimed themselves to be Christians.

Did the Bible say that the actions of Christians can be exempted from judgment if the said Christians hold certain civil or military position? No. It even said plenty of things to the contrary, like "Judge a tree by its fruit", "Trees are recognised by their fruits", "let your light shine before others", etc. It is nonsense for you to suggest that Christians should only be judged according to the civil roles they had at that specific time. No, their whole life and conducts will be judged regardless of their social role.

And again, did I say that they were fighting for Christianity? No, and you have already mentioned that I didn't say so. I'm saying that these self-confessed Christians did unadmirable things.

So for every admirable Christian figures you can bring up, there are probably hundreds more unadmirable christians. That's why your post and links bringing up Ignatius Kung as an exemplary figure to encourage people to embrace Christianity does not mean much.

No they are not. You think Christianity is the same as Daoism and Buddhism? Traitor!

You are the follower of ROMAN Christianity.

Your Roman Emperor is the Jesus representative on earth.

As well as European kings.

You are bowing to them.

Real Christianity is not like that!

Oh that is not good.

It will make people's mentality more like middle east leaning similar to what Europe was.

While China and we have differences, this is something I support Chinese government concerns in.

Atheism is best religion out there

Oh that is not good.

It will make people's mentality more like middle east leaning similar to what Europe was.

While China and we have differences, this is something I support Chinese government concerns in.

Agree, that China should not be turned like European Dark Age and Medieval!

No, your reasoning is nonsense here. She claims the title "Head of the church" and confess herself as a Christian, that means everyone has a right to judge her conduct as a Christian or as head of the church. If she doesn't want people to judge her action as being representative of the Anglican church, then she should have forfeit her title as being "head of the church".
I agree so case closed and again, is why your ridiculous argument has absolutely nothing to do with me or the vast majority of Christians in the world who not only is she NOT the religious head of, but that her church for hundreds of years, often persecuted. I noticed you are utterly silence on my question of, if the English monarch is acting as the representative of the entire Christian faith every time she acts, as you are arguing, was she so doing in wars against Christian France that went on for centuries? How about English wars against other Christian powers?

Really, Black Flag, if you are reduced to trying to argue that because she is the titular head of the Church of England that ALL of her actions are as a respresentative of the entire Christian faith and not the more obvious, i.e., that she was the head of the British Empire, I guess that is prima facie evidence that you really don't have much of an argument.

That notion of Atheism is a "religion". A lot of atheist will kill you for saying that . :)
Its never a religion
One religion is alternative to the other and atheism too is an alternative in that regard i told that

What is Christianity
Actually the word "christians" appears twice only in the bible.
it is a name given by non-belivers.

the followers of the messiah r known as disciples, believers or followers of jesus & his teachings.

thus the faith is a way of lives, thoughts & behaviour.

the bible teaches the followers have no concern of this present world but to wait for the return of the messiah to set up a kingdom that will replace all human governments on this earth & to submit to the new king.

it is the hope of the followers to rule the earth with the king with righteousness.

Actually, Christian is more commercial than religious. As you can see, the christian missionaries go to every door, public park, university campus to advertise for Jesus. Many times, they said bad things about other religions to make people believe in Jesus! Christians also utilize marriage to recruit more followers, for instance, if you got married to christian girl, they will ask you to believe Jesus! In china, the number christian grew fast because of missionaries from the west, many people forget that they are from HongKong and South Korea also. Hongkong became a Christian hub after being British colony.

There is story in Hongkong that priests gave money and girls to buddhist monks to make these monks poised and leave monastics. I would not say something like this is religious freedom but it is out of control! China should also protect its ancient religions by promoting Taoism, Confucius, Buddhism by allowing more temples in villages so people can learn, hear and see the ancient Chinese philosophies and morality instead of hearing preaching from christian missionaries! The government should impose laws that not allow christian to seduce people and say bad things about other religions! This is actually like the case in US when a teacher said Buddhist stupid!
Settlement in suit involving La. Buddhist student

China is known atheist country.In fact,in fact we have our own religion.We are a multi-religious country.

Wudang Taoist shrines--------------------------------
t0102ecd4a5bddcde9d.jpg

t010abb5b0bbda8faa4.jpg

t01f1d73c1db595c019.jpg

t01ea6f65b0ee9b4278.jpg

Wudang Taiji Sword---------------------------

20120824153822239.jpg

The vicissitudes of the ancient Taoist cultural buildings--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
t01f9d6ee0ebacc1f5e.jpg

Mypsd_67366_201204211443440040B.jpg

Ancient Building Complex in Wudang Mountain---------------------------------------------------
6359905_095537038048_2.jpg

04_4.jpg

Taoist practitioners------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom