What's new

China to Assist Pakistan in Third-Generation Nuclear Technology

I'm worried that the Taliban or Al-qaeda will infiltrate and leave with the fuel rods, like how they raided the Pakistani military base recently. (no offence)

non taken, have AQ/talibs infiltrated Nuclear Plants, taken away the current fuel rods?

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

I dooubt it.....it won;t pass the UN

Why doubt it, did UN object to russian/vietnamese deal, vietnam has no knowledge and are new to civilian nuclear tech.

I'm worried that the Taliban or Al-qaeda will infiltrate and leave with the fuel rods, like how they raided the Pakistani military base recently. (no offence)

I hope you remain worried and this constant worry makes you depressed and then in depression you commit suicide (how about that :chilli:;))

wow, that major for pakistan. good luck !!! another agony and headache by west and india to deal with... so many western leaders and indian leaders will be sleeping restless on how to stop this country pakistan..

Is it a good idea to send someone named Gengis Khan to China?

Yeah, it is good if they happen to have a guy named Gengis Khan to send to China.

There are less than 10 million Mongolian in the world, 5.81 million of them live in China, 2.8 million in Mongolia, 0.9 million in Russia.

So now you get a basic idea of Chinese view of mongolian people: they are part of us.

Do you watch too much FOX News ? :cheesy:

May your cooperation go to new heights.I noticed whenever there is a news about china helping pakistan in nuclear tech western people react the most

In 2005, China expanded its contract with Pakistan, and vowed to built more nuclear power plants in Pakistan. Construction of its twin, CHASNUPP-II, started in December 2005. It is reported to cost PkR 51.46 billion (US$ 860 million, with $350 million of this financed by China). In a meeting with IAEA, an IAEA safeguard agreement with PAEC and IAEA was signed in 2006, and the grid connection is expected in spring of 2011. The enriched fuel takes place in Pakistan's PNPFC facility, which is also under IAEA safeguards.In 2005, both Pakistan Government and Chinese Government adopted an Energy Security Plan, calling for a huge increase in generating capacity to more than 160,000 MWe by 2030. Pakistan Government plans for lifting nuclear capacity to 8800MWe, 900 MWe of this by 2015 and a further 1500 MWe by 2020.[19]Plans included four further Chinese reactors of 300 MWe each and seven of 1000 MWe, all PWR. There were tentative plans for China to build two 1000 MWe PWR units at Karachi as KANUPP II and III, but China then in 2007 deferred development of its CNP-1000 type which is the only one able to be exported. As of today, the PAEC is now currently preparing reports and planning to satup small but more commercial nuclear power plants ingeniously.In June 2008, the Pakistan Government announced plans to build commercial nuclear power plants III and IV commercial nuclear power plants at Chashma, Punjab Province, each with 320–340 MWe and costing PKR 129 billion, 80 billion of this from international sources, principally China. A further agreement for China's help with the project was signed in October 2008, and given prominence as a counter to the US–India agreement shortly preceding it. Cost quoted then was US$ 1.7 billion, with a foreign loan component of $1.07 billion.In March 2009 SNERDI announced that it was proceeding with design of CHASNUPP-III and IV, with China Zhongyuan Engineering as the general contractor. The PAEC said Beijing was financing 85% of the US$ 1.6 billion project. Contracts for CHASNUPP-I and II were signed in 1990 and 2000, before 2004 when China joined the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG), which maintains an embargo on sales of nuclear equipment to Pakistan, but there are questions about China's supply of Chasma-3 & 4. On 24 September 2010, China informed the IAEA that it will implement an agreement with Pakistan on the export of two nuclear reactors for Islamabad's Chashma nuclear complex. Beijing has said that the reactor deal is part of a 2003 agreement between the two countries, a claim many have questioned, though Germany has accepted.[20] These will be the third and fourth reactors at the complex. According to the Chinese communication to the IAEA, the reactors will be placed under international safeguards.[21] Concerns have been expressed over the lack the safety features incorporated into the Chashma-3 and Chashma-4 reactors, which are alleged to use a design which is not considered safe enough to build in China.[22]

Back
Top Bottom