What's new

China threatens US arms companies

chinapakistan

Reaction score
China threatened to impose sanctions on US arms firms and cut cooperation with Washington unless it cancels a $6.4bn arms sale to Taiwan, in an unprecedented move signalling Beijing’s growing global power.

Although Beijing ritually protests US weapons sales to the island, it has not previously targeted the companies involved in the trade. Although the US restricts arms sales to China, a number of the companies that would supply systems involved in the new Taiwan package, which include Boeing, United Technologies, Lockheed Martin and Raytheon, could face pressure in other business areas.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Bcoz of copy right i cannt post the whole article, if wanna see more: linke here
FT.com / China - China threatens US arms companies

Why is China scared that Taiwan will get Patriot batteries? Isn't Taiwan a sovereign state that can decide from where she can purchase goods? Does Taiwan and the U.S. make a storm every time a Flanker blueprint goes missing in Moscow?

Why is China scared that Taiwan will get Patriot batteries? Isn't Taiwan a sovereign state that can decide from where she can purchase goods? Does Taiwan and the U.S. make a storm every time a Flanker blueprint goes missing in Moscow?

Such statement is way out of the line.

The status of the Republic of China is under discussion but Taiwan is by no-means a sovereign state officially and legally. According to the 'constitution and laws' of the Republic of China, the Taipei administration is the central government of China whose sovereign covers not only mainland but also Mongolia.

Good news, keep the pressure up, need more counter moves.
:china:

说来惭愧 I am wondering the fate of the joint venture of tg and 西科斯基, tg 也有用黑鹰的。
but Boeing has to weigh the gains and pains.

Last edited:
It's really ridiculous and funny, why don't we just impose sanctions on US government or Taiwan authority directly?

Poor paper tiger

Taiwan is not a sovereign state. It is not recognized in the UN nor by the U.S government.

Meanwhile, the real sovereign states like Iran have trouble buying defensive weapons like S-300.

the thing is this doent really change the status of the strait much, invasions is not really part of the plan right now but the government has to respond to this it must not set a precedent of allowing arms sale to Taiwan, they will hake noise i but i highly doubt anything will come of it.

the thing is this doent really change the status of the strait much, invasions is not really part of the plan right now but the government has to respond to this it must not set a precedent of allowing arms sale to Taiwan, they will hake noise i but i highly doubt anything will come of it.

Till now China has made two empty gestures

1. Cancel non-existent Military Ties!

2. Threaten US Arms companies whose sales to China are non-existent.

When you ban Coke, GM or Boeing I will sit up.

Probably China has done a backdoor deal with the US. Give half the stuff and no submarines and we will huff and puff and burp.

Regards

A Taiwanese newspaper has reported that a Chinese submarine entered Taiwan's territorial waters, but retreated after Taiwanese navel vessels set out to locate it. Taiwan's defense ministry declined to comment on today's story in the United Evening News. The newspaper says the incident occurred on Jan 27 when helicopters detected the presence of a submarine off the southern Taiwanese port of Kaohsiung during an exercise. The newspaper says the sub left Taiwanese waters after the island's navy launched a search. It says it got to within 24 nautical miles of the port

UNCONFIRMED REPORT

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom