What's new

China: The new sports superpower!

2008 Olympics = Chinese beat the americans by international standard. Just that the lossxr american wxxx and bxxxx, so they all reverse the count to total metals to make themself feels better.

Steady on son.
I always thought the medals were allocated a value, for example a gold is 10, a silver 5 and a bronze 2 or whatever.
So a country with say 200 medals would be inferior to a country with just 1 medal if it is a gold?

I thought you were gonna mention Jeremy Lin, what a relief.

FFS please don't mention that name. heard it so many times that i want to smack my head to a wall next time i hear or read about him.

and China, u ain't the superpower in sports. as far as i now u guys suck in fotball. and you have a population of 1.3 billion or something.

Chinese team may win more medals but average time citizens and students spend on physical exercise are actually dropping in recent years, which is alarming. I cheer for Chinese sport victories but I think China has way pass the days that we need to prove something by winning the medals. We should have average people involve much more into regular sport activities, like people in US do.

Maybe Jeremy Lin will convince more Chinese people to convert to Christianity.

Maybe a little faith is needed to get break into the NBA.

Maybe Jeremy Lin will convince more Chinese people to convert to Christianity.

Maybe a little faith is needed to get break into the NBA.

Having faith doesn't mean that you have to believe in Christianity. The message most Chinese will get is that being excellent academically and playing sport can actually enhance each other.

FFS please don't mention that name. heard it so many times that i want to smack my head to a wall next time i hear or read about him.

and China, u ain't the superpower in sports. as far as i now u guys suck in fotball. and you have a population of 1.3 billion or something.

USA is also mediocre in football, but you can't say that they are not a superpower in sports. :coffee:

How China fares in Olympic soccer.

China vs Oman : 1-3. China eliminated. June 23, 2011

Korea vs Oman : 3 - 0. Oman eliminated Feb 23, 2011

Both matches were held in Oman.

Last edited by a moderator:
USA is also mediocre in football, but you can't say that they are not a superpower in sports. :coffee:

yeah i can, watch me...

USA SUCKS at fotball. wich is the most famous sport in the world!

olympic means jackshit here in Europe, Africa and South American states. if you don't know anything about fotball you are a zero in sports. you can have a million gold medal if you want. fotball is the sport you need to shine in to be reconed as a sport power!

What're you talking about? USA is pretty good at football. Sure the consistency isn't as good, but it can go toe to toe against some of the top countries in the world. Take the 2-0 win against Spain in the Confederations Cup Semifinal or the 1-1 tie against England in the last World Cup.

What're you talking about? USA is pretty good at football. Sure the consistency isn't as good, but it can go toe to toe against some of the top countries in the world. Take the 2-0 win against Spain in the Confederations Cup Semifinal or the 1-1 tie against England in the last World Cup.

Yet it is only on par with midtier countries like Turkey and South Korea, for a superpower like USA, its football performance is really being underperformed. :coffee:

Yet it is only on par with midtier countries like Turkey and South Korea, for a superpower like USA, its football performance is really being underperformed. :coffee:

That still is miles ahead of where the Chinese soccer stands today. They only way China can go to the World Cup is to host one.

Guys let's be fair! My country is pretty good in sports generally. Our football team do not perform too well but it will improve. If the Koreans can do it I cannot see why Chinese cannot do it or better. In respect of the Indians' achievement, they are good in limited no of sports only which are cricket, hockey or shooting. Cricket is not attracting enough powerhouses like USA, Russia, Germany to compete. So the real test of India's capability is in doubt. India was good at hockey once but since the sport gains popularity worldwide and is enlised as an Olympic sport, India's performance has been overwhelmingly overshadowed by other countries. The scenario in hockey for India will apply to cricket too if cricket opens up and is enlisted as an Olympic sport. In shooting, Indians may win one or two medals and that's about it. When you look at the Olympic records, India is probably ranking in the last rung of countries in terms of "medals won / no of participations"!

Back
Top Bottom