What's new

China supports 'East Asian Community' concept

The concept of 'Asian Community' should also include ASEAN and South Asians, maybe later with Central Asians and West Asians. Anyway, we need to form the community of East Asians for now, which I think it is mandatory.

Anyway, Russia will join to the Pan-European community in the future, why not Asians join together?

The concept of 'Asian Community' should also include ASEAN and South Asians, maybe later with Central Asians and West Asians. Anyway, we need to form the community of East Asians which I think it is mandatory.

Anyway, Russia will join to the Pan-European community in the future, why not Asians join together?

I think it's a good idea. :tup: Something similar to the EU, maybe an "Asian alliance" or something like that.

In practical terms however, it will take a long time for anything like that to happen. More than a few decades.

I think it's a good idea. :tup: Something similar to the EU, maybe an "Asian alliance" or something like that.

In practical terms however, it will take a long time for anything like that to happen. More than a few decades.

The Europeans emphasize the alliance based on the racial affliation. We Asians emphasize the alliance based on the neighborhood and the mutual respect. When China surpasses US in term of GDP in the next decade, i think more Asian countries would be willing to join to the Pan-Asiatic community. So it won't take that long to wait. :cheers:

The Europeans emphasize the alliance based on the racial affliation. We Asians emphasize the alliance based on the neighborhood and the mutual respect. When China surpasses US in term of GDP in the next decade, i think more Asian countries would be willing to join to the Pan-Asiatic community. So it won't take that long to wait. :cheers:

I hope you're right. :azn: I would love to see that happen.

^^^^

Off topic:
Did I just witness a conversation between Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon? :partay::partay:

On topic:
Harmony amongst the East Asians is in their best interest. The sooner it happens the better. :tup:

Harmony amongst the East Asians is in their best interest. The sooner it happens the better. :tup:

I agree with you. :tup: However it's important to note that there is a LOT of mistrust between China, Japan and South Korea... mostly over WW2 and associated war crimes.

It's hard to say for sure how these large obstacles will be overcome... but I do feel positive about the future of East Asian relations. I am quite optimistic about the idea of an "East Asian Community".

I agree with you. :tup: However it's important to note that there is a LOT of mistrust between China, Japan and South Korea... mostly over WW2 and associated war crimes.

It's hard to say for sure how these large obstacles will be overcome... but I do feel positive about the future of East Asian relations. I am quite optimistic about the idea of an "East Asian Community".

German slaughtered 30 million Russian in WWII, see how they live in harmony today and talk about the Pan-European community.

Man, i am really growing tired of this Asian hates Asian sh!t. You know US can always have our tail grabbed if we remain conflict with our neighbors.

^^^^

Off topic:
Did I just witness a conversation between Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon? :partay::partay:

On topic:

Nothing of that sort can happen now.

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer, but not so close that it limits your options to deal with them.

First the US elements in S Korea and Japan has to be eliminated. Maybe it will take 1 generation assuming a Soviet Union style US collapse in the next 5 years. The number of options for kicking the can further down the line by the US is getting more limited after each one is expended.

Then a majority of people more oriented towards China within S Korea and Japan has to be established. Likewise for China. For Japan, there is grounds for optimism. But for S Koreans, they piss off Chinese more than Japanese do and this sentiment keeps growing. (Quantitative evidence mind you).

Apparently S Koreans in person are often not what its like in the dramas or videos. :no:

Unfettered access to China's markets by Japan and S Korean will not benefit Chinese companies, at least for now. Feeding the hands that ARE willingly BEING used by others and on their own initiative to bite you is plain stupid.

Between feng qing and bai chi, I rather "feng qing"s. They can be embarrassing at times but "bai chi"s have a way of getting you hurt badly or killed.

Economic union? Single currency? Single interest rate regime, as long as China gets to set it without encumberance from other members. And no bailouts. Ozawa's aim is for Japan to receive a stealth "bailout" from China. Learn from Germany's experience.

China's challenge in such an enviroment is not be taken advantage of, else end up like Germany.

Between feng qing and bai chi, I rather "feng qing"s. They can be embarrassing at times but "bai chi"s have a way of getting you hurt badly or killed.

A lot of the fenqings ARE bai chi. It's not mutually exclusive, they can be both.

Didn't you see that story where some of them forced a woman to change clothes, because they thought she was wearing a kimmono.

She was actually wearing Han Fu, they couldn't seem to tell the difference.

Back
Top Bottom