What's new

China shows off its fighter jets to the world

It'd be a shame that a "military professional" can't tell the huge difference between the two. Err... I mean they ain't the same.

lol, its a shame you can't tell a tongue and cheek comment from a serious one. :usflag:

Janes defense does report however that China had in it's possession a lavi in developing the J-10.

http://www.janes.com/news/defence/systems/jdw/jdw080519_2_n.shtml

"Russian aerospace engineers have confirmed to Jane's that China's Chengdu J-10 fighter aircraft benefited from significant, direct input from Israel's Lavi programme - including access to the Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI) Lavi aircraft itself."

0844639.jpg

Janes defense does report however that China had in it's possession a lavi in developing the J-10. I don't have a Janes subscription so maybe another member here that does could link the article. I can only refer to 3rd party quotes. Janes - Israel Sent Lavi prototype to China

"Russian aerospace engineers have confirmed to Jane's that China's Chengdu J-10 fighter aircraft benefited from significant, direct input from Israel's Lavi programme - including access to the Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI) Lavi aircraft itself."

On the day of war when F35 is shot by a J-10, no one will give credit to Lavi. They will credit the J-10.

Lets stop this Lavi comparison. It is not a big deal if it was inspired by Lavi. A country cannot make an aircraft without internalising a lot of technology and building a defence ecosystem that is supported by many industries that can provide sub systems.

This aircraft is a major step for Chinese aviation industry.

Chinese have to an extent contributed to India's achievements by inspiring us ! :)

Janes defense does report however that China had in it's possession a lavi in developing the J-10.

Chinese J-10 'benefited from the Lavi project' - Jane's Defence Systems News

0844639.jpg

Does Janes have article telling you that Jesus was from Jerusalem but he was not a Jew?

I think that just by looking at the huge differences between the J-10's intakes and the Lavi's, you'll see that they are not even close to the same.

the J-10's intakes are much more similar to Russian designs which we are familiar with, and the Lavi's intakes are a copy of the F-16. Hint: J-10's intakes are square.

The lavi is also shorter and thinner than the J-10, and has electronics for totally different weapons. It uses US ammunition, J-10 uses Russian/Chinese.

Lavi project was abandoned by Israel because of US pressure, now it is J10, deal with it :cheers:

I think that just by looking at the huge differences between the J-10's intakes and the Lavi's, you'll see that they are not even close to the same.

the J-10's intakes are much more similar to Russian designs which we are familiar with, and the Lavi's intakes are a copy of the F-16. Hint: J-10's intakes are square.

The lavi is also shorter and thinner than the J-10, and has electronics for totally different weapons. It uses US ammunition, J-10 uses Russian/Chinese.

no doubt it has some differences. I wouldn't expect it to be an exact copy :usflag:

it is a good inexpensive 4th generation fighter

lol I thought that the plane in the picture was actually the J-10 ...Just noticed the Israeli symbol lol !

lol I thought that the plane in the picture was actually the J-10 ...Just noticed the Israeli symbol lol !

I think the other way around, lavi is too short and thin, Lavi looks more like a mini J10:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom