What's new

China shall give 50 JF17 Thunder on emergency bases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense. it is just the follow on order of next batch of 50. remember PAF will induct JFT in batch of 50 each. First batch was also funded by china and same is the case with the next batch. Why soo much fuss about it. Our media is famous for sensitionalizing every thing.

you are not considering one thing . . . . . where is the tail of the stealth chopper . . . . . ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Come on.........
Its not missile ...its radar that makes u BVR capable.

KLJ-7 does support SD-10 and AIM-120 as well. Besides that PAF is more intrested in SD-10B rather SD-10A

PAF mirages ROSE (Ato G), F-16 Blk52 and JF 17 (Both A2A, A2G) are BVR capable.

Chk out weki....u will come to know.

Sorry Its the missile which makes u BVR capable.But yes Radar is also a imp factor.

The video claims that Ra'ad can be fired from JF-17. Is that true? :what:
I thought it was Mirage and A-5 only. :what:

An aircraft that can carry 2000pound bombs or 1100litres fuel tanks, (And you can see the highmark videos for it) It can surely carry more than one SD10s which is just about 200kgs. And Ofcourse Raad and C802 and some other heavy weapons can be loaded on the centre line hardpoint.The important thing is integration not the capability.

Im not sure whether under wings can carry C802 or Raad or 2000pounds bombs.

Chinese were smart: They know Pakistan would not be able to manufacture the high end items like avionics, or engines. Not for anytime soon. So this way, Chinese will stand to earn more than their Pakistan counterparts because the most expensive items are the engines, avionics, and weapons.

Pakistan will receive TOT to build up to 50% of the airframe. (in previous version of aircraft in PAF)

Pakistan does not get TOT for the avionics / radar.
Pakistan does not get TOT for weapon systems.
Pakistan does not get TOT for the engine.

That is why Pakistan is looking to the West for these sub-systems. (Last time)

Now this time discussing block II... i am still confuzed ... PAF even not fully satisfied and still few ABCD stuff left in block I how they will start Block II .... from where PAF get funds ???? Pakistan economy is not stable... this Block II i think totally Chinese made with Chinese system.... no share of Pakistan in BLOCK II (if its really exists).

I think they were already in development phase.
Any ways is there idble link\Source that proves that China will give it in few weeks?????

It should be that china will give money in few weeks for the next batch of 50 or they will speedup the upgrades on radar and avoinics etc. Its just media's wrong speculative reporting. The next batch wil also be produced in PAC but with some upgrades.

Chinese were smart: They know Pakistan would not be able to manufacture the high end items like avionics, or engines. Not for anytime soon. So this way, Chinese will stand to earn more than their Pakistan counterparts because the most expensive items are the engines, avionics, and weapons.

Pakistan will receive TOT to build up to 50% of the airframe. (in previous version of aircraft in PAF)

Now this time discussing block II... i am still confuzed ... PAF even not fully satisfied and still few ABCD stuff left in block I how they will start Block II .... from where PAF get funds ???? Pakistan economy is not stable... this Block II i think totally Chinese made with Chinese system.... no share of Pakistan in BLOCK II (if its really exists).

Sorry but i think you havent been to PAC new website. radar and some avionics are produced in house under joint development and some avionics are indigeniuos as well.
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex

jf-thunder is much cheaper than f-16 and j-10, but the 2.5-generation figher is believed to be as powerful as expected, it perfectly suits those nations that have limited military budget to buy advanced aircrafts

You are also very smart by making these things up. But fortunately most people who has some knowledge of the project will know you are lying.

from eagle hannan of pakdef forum
Following are some updates.

Confirmed: The 50 new jets will be Block 2 JF-17s. The structure parts will be flown to Chinese for final avionics and testing assembly. Unlike the first block where all avionics were assembled at Kamra. I think thats why Media is confusing "Made in China". The reason is new radar readied by Nanjing Institute with complex assembly procedures. Sensor suit is an upgrade and all Chinese.
I am not sure about this emergency bases thing in Media. I think its wrong news. but I have not confirmed it. This posted info is from a senior person as our ordinary pilots an engineers can not comment on anything as such for obvious reasons. I dont write any account of interaction with them as there has earlier been an incident of disclosure some times back and the blamed person had to bear consiquences (I was not party in that. Someone here was he knows it)

Confirmed: Current block 1s will not be upgraded. It will be replaced by block2s at the end of 150 jets. A new squadern will be raised for the sole purpose of training foreign buyers of this aircraft and rest of the examples will move to CCS to replace ageing Aircrafts. Block 2 might be the last version of JF-17s. The block2 radar (will disclose name and improvements once I get a nod from someone senior... or not) shall be the standard radar for all JF-17s. Improvements will all be based on this standard version. Block 1 radar carrying planes are exception.

Confirmed: FC-20's 90% pending issues are finished. The wings are slightly modified and are composite structures (above 50%). Canard foreplane's hight is slightly changed.
I am sure the tactics for this plane are already in place and this Aircraft will see front lines immediately on induction (my estimate: this years end or starting mid next year). FC-20 is a excellent platform as per pilots. Confirmed by the ones who did it, it does perform that SU30's famous manuver and recovers much faster than it.

Confirmed: SD-10B is already inducted. Numbers are being made up. It is indeed confirmed that side by side performance comparissons put it on par with Aamram120c5s. All JF-17s and FC20s will carry it for next 5 years before a new version is presented. (Confirmed existance of a NG Medium range missile programe by Chinese for their stealth version). The Meteor is out of equation as vendor will now allow integration with Chinese platorms.

From a Chinese source: There is still a posibility of J-11B with russian engine for PK Navy. I said it before in 2009. PAF comment was, its all dependant on WS10 engine which may be common in FC20 and J11B. I wish it materialize as I have heard it over and again by senior navy officers. Surface assets are vulnerable to attack. I remember posting a detailed conversation with a senior navy officer some times ago.

Inshallah will post the postables from my recent interactions as I find time.

^^^^ If its to be the final block then no stealthier nose???????????

Well, can any Chinese friend tell us anything concrete about the deal. While here is my theory ... we learned that PLAAF is getting limited number of JFT as well. Now according to this deal, IF ANY EMERGENCY emerges, China will move 50 of its own fighters to Pakistani bases. But again it is just my theory and i can just dead wrong here :) as well.
In theory its possible for the CAC and 132 factory to manufactor 50 Fc-1s in less than three months.During the cold war the 132 factory in Chengdu had the maxim capability to produce 300+ J-7s in one year and the production line is still kept there.Recentlly the 132 factory set another line...So all in all to produce 50 FC-1s will need seven weeks except the radars form the 14th insititute and engine from Russia currentlly.If the 132 factory kept enough engines and it was pushed enough,the answer is OK,no problem to deliver 50 FC-1s to Pakistan in coupe of weeks.Thats just the analysis based on the 132 factory production capacity.This report could be wrong because unless Pakistan prepared to rush into a urgent war,its no need to push the FC-1 production so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom