What's new

China shall give 50 JF17 Thunder on emergency bases

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is that PAF has been shown that their pants were down when USA killed OBL. The pride of our airforce was useless. Remember India is a close ally and friend of the USA. That makes you think about our real capabilities.

Please note that India is not an ally with anyone. We have an absolutely independent foreign policy and prefer to stand on your own feets. Yes we enjoy our friendship with everyone weather its US, Europe, Russia or China.

Please note that India is not an ally with anyone. We have an absolutely independent foreign policy and prefer to stand on your own feets. Yes we enjoy our friendship with everyone weather its US, Europe, Russia or China.

I admire your comment but there is a difference between that and the reality. Maybe you do not understand what the definition is. And there is nothing wrong to that. Please put your pride aside. Indian wants the superpower title or being seen as important. They will sleep with anyone to get that. Period.

Hi, this is a thread on 50 JF-17s jets. Let's not digress to bashing India/Pakistan. Thanks!

The May 2011 issue of Air Force Monthly, stated that the PAF was on track to induct and complete production/assembly of 50 Block I JF-17s by the end of 2011. These initial 50 aircraft comprised of 8 SBP (Small Batch Production) planes acquired directly from China, and 42 produced/assembled in Kamra.

It also mentioned that the PAF was negotiating with China for a follow-on aircraft order of 50, presumably Block II versions. As such, this news is nothing new, but the rate of induction is suspect.

I find it hard to believe that China could produce 50 JF-17s in a few weeks, test fly them and certify them for delivery. I know China ordered 100 RD-93 engines from Russia, so the powerplant should not be the bottleneck.

I wonder if the Pakistani reporters simply made a mistake on the delivery schedule, as they could have misinterpreted the time line.

Is this a response to mrca shortlist or a effort to immediately deploy fighters without american material which can't be jammed or rendered useless BY usaf to prevent another serious raid?
I would say second option,as mrca will take another month to select and about 1.5-2 yrs to arrive.So no need to immediately get 50 fighters.

Another reason could be the maintainence rate of the old j-7s have reached rock bottom due to old airframes,and need immediate replacement to keep up squadron strength.

I admire your comment but there is a difference between that and the reality. Maybe you do not understand what the definition is. And there is nothing wrong to that. Please put your pride aside. Indian wants the superpower title or being seen as important. They will sleep with anyone to get that. Period.

I do not appreciate your comments "They will sleep with anyone to get that." as such comments suits more to Pakistan (Please have a review to the Pakistan's history and its dependence on other powers for its economic survival and defense). Although Pakistan marriage with USA is on downslide, it is still dependent on US taxpayers money to run its economy. Now will you disagree on that?

As far as Indian pride is concern, Indians have far better reason to be proud and at the same time fully aware of its current challenges. As far as India getting Superpower, it is something unpreventable in next 20 to 40 years. In accordance with the same plan, India is already engaging with every major power in the world weather it is in terms of defense corporation or economy ties (and if you do not knew this its your ignorance). I don't think this forum will be the right place to put some lengthy facts on this.

Hi, let's tone down the rhetoric and stick to the topic at hand. Is it possible to get 50 JF-17s is a few weeks?

I believe its possible if PLAAF can donate it from its own inventory. Or it is just a reporting error by the news reporter.

Hi, let's tone down the rhetoric and stick to the topic at hand. Is it possible to get 50 JF-17s is a few weeks?

I think if China already has them in its inventory, sure.. Else manufacturing them in a dew weeks is impossible.. Could be another gaffe as the earlier comment of Pakistani Air chief about 14 more F16 some months back

I believe its possible if PLAAF can donate it from its own inventory. Or it is just a reporting error by the news reporter.

Could be error.... But also possible that China was already making these planes on Pakistani request in china.... And as the they near completion will be bought by Pakistan.... And production in Kamra is also going on ....

50 JFT on emergency basis,
what is the actual story/fact behind the deal ?
any idea.

According to some Chinese friends, Chengdu Aircraft Industries Corporation began to assemble 48 JF-17 jets since January 2011.

I think those JF-17 jets will be delivered to PAF.

PAF expected to operate 250 JF-17 jets

Could be error.... But also possible that China was already making these planes on Pakistani request in china.... And as the they near completion will be bought by Pakistan.... And production in Kamra is also going on ....

Might be possible too, Infact I will not be shocked if China has being manufacturing it for Pakistan under the table considering its close door Chinese defense program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom