What's new

China setup its own peace prize

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you close your mouth it stops the stupid from dribbling out.

Why are you so pissed off? All I said are fact so be civil in your replies else i can return the favors too.

What kind of accolade would China give to this man...

Nation under a nuclear cloud - Times Online
THE North Korean regime’s obsession with racial purity has led to the killing of disabled infants and forced abortions for women suspected of conceiving their babies by Chinese fathers, according to a growing body of testimony from defectors.

The latest description of Kim Jong-il’s policy of state eugenics came from a North Korean doctor, Ri Kwang-chol, who escaped last year and told a forum in Seoul that babies with deformities were killed soon after birth.

One such account came from a 30-year-old woman who calls herself Han Myong-suk. She escaped twice and reached a safe haven in an undisclosed third country within the past year thanks to Helping Hands Korea, an American Christian group.

She said she was sold by traffickers to a Chinese farmer near the Great Wall, and was five months pregnant by him when she was caught by the Chinese police and deported back to North Korea.

There she was held in one of three female detention centres, which have been identified in the towns of Sinuju, Onsong and Chongin. Her account was taken down by Tim Peters, an American Christian activist who founded the group.

“I defied the order to abort the foetus the prison authorities contemptuously called a ‘Chinese Chink’ and was badly beaten and kicked in my belly by a guard. His name was Hwang Myong-dong,” she said.

One week later, said Han, she was led to a prison clinic “where in a most blunt manner they extracted the dead child from my body”.
North Koreans considered themselves to be the supreme race and the Chinese is inferior, hence half-breeds must be put to death.

What kind of honor would China give to those brave North Koreans who exposed this travesty? Not the forced abortions from a eugenics program but from the insult that the Chinese is an inferior race.

Last edited:
China should award some western anti-war activists for their courage of standing up against their government.

Yes please go ahead and do that and I am sure no body will be childish enough to stop you and force other countries to not attend the awards. Good luck and good wishes!

North Koreans considered themselves to be the supreme race and the Chinese is inferior, hence half-breeds must be put to death.

What kind of honor would China give to those brave North Koreans who exposed this travesty?

I doubt they'd select this case, since this prize is likely meant as a counter political response to the peace prize.

Kudos to Tim Peters though.

give it to Hillary Clinton for her speech in 90's in china when she said woman's right is human rights :). we can all agree on that?

No issues with China initiating its own Peace Prize, India too has one of its own for years now.

What seems strange is the desire to have one after the Nobel Prize embarrassment , wonder why this thought didn't come earlier ?

After copy of YouTube, Facebook etc etc now a copy of Nobel prize.. Lol, amazing move!!

we had Tudou come out at the SAME TIME as Youtube.

YouTube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube is a video-sharing website on which users can upload, share, and view videos. Three former PayPal employees created YouTube in February 2005.[3]

_???

土豆网是中国的一家大型视频分享网站,用户可以在该网站上传、观看、分享与下载视频短片。土豆网于2005年4月15日正式上线,截至2007年9月,该站每日提供的视频有5,500万之多。创始人为福建人王微。

what's funny is how India has no such video site of its own and resorts to US's youtube!

No issues with China initiating its own Peace Prize, India too has one of its own for years now.

What seems strange is the desire to have one after the Nobel Prize embarrassment , wonder why this thought didn't come earlier ?

lol @ you playing dumb. Of course it's a counter to Norway giving the Nobel prize to Liu.

What kind of honor would China give to those brave North Koreans who exposed this travesty? Not the forced abortions from a eugenics program but from the insult that the Chinese is an inferior race.

The only regret is that neither us or the Russians had the ruthlessness of the US to kill their clients when they became inconvenient like how they killed your president Ngo Dinh Diem.

what's funny is how India has no such video site of its own and resorts to US's youtube!

No point in reinventing the wheel. I suppose language barriers & more specifically state censorship rules would have been the catalyst necessitating a Chinese variant, neither of which is an issue with India.

No point in reinventing the wheel. I suppose language barriers & more specifically state censorship rules would have been the catalyst necessitating a Chinese variant, neither of which is an issue with India.

as long as the people in charge of india have your attitude, we have nothing to worry about from our southern border.

Isn't Beijing over reacting?

lol @ you playing dumb. Of course it's a counter to Norway giving the Nobel prize to Liu.

Your perception.

I was wondering if ppl in Beijing were dumb enough not to have thought of this earlier ? Reacting to the Nobel prize committees decision seems odd and a poor knee jerk reaction.

The origins & stature of the Nobel Prize are way too deep to be contested, at best what China is doing will add to list of Peace Prizes nations give on their own.

I still maintain China should have ignored the issue.

I think Chinese are tired of being constantly attacked. It was not an over-reaction. China is starting to say, "enough is enough."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom