What's new

China setup its own peace prize

Status
Not open for further replies.
In China, a social agitator is sent to prison for writing a manifesto calling for the overthrow of the government. In India, a teacher of a local college is sent to prison for "writing an exam 'with anti-India content.'" Any of you anti-China hypocrites want to claim that India's anti-sedition law is different from China's in practice?

Teacher arrested for 'anti-India' exam questions - CNN.com

"Teacher arrested for 'anti-India' exam questions
By Mukhtar Ahmad, For CNN
December 10, 2010 12:56 p.m. EST

Srinagar, India (CNN) -- Police in Indian administered Kashmir Friday arrested a teacher of a local college on charges of writing an exam "with anti-India content."

"We have arrested Noor Mohammad Bhat under (the ) Unlawful Activities Act," Srinagar district police chief, Ashiq Bukhari said Friday evening.

He said the teacher who teaches English in a college here had written an exam for graduate level examinees with questions attempting "to glorify the Kashmiri stone pelters and to project separatist views."

Bhat had included a question, "Are the stone pelters real heroes? Discuss."

The content of the exam dealt with pro-independence unrest which has lasted more than five months. During the conflict young boys have resorted to pelting Indian security forces with stones ever since the unrest erupted on June 11 after a 17-year old boy was killed in a police action here in Srinigar, the region's capital.

The unrest which has so far claimed 110 lives. It has also left hundreds wounded, some of them left disabled.

The unrest has also seen the arrest of hundreds of youth charged with the offence of stone pelting while scores have gone underground to escape arrest.

Another question on the exam required translation of an Urdu passage into English.

"Kashmir is burning yet again. The blood of the youth is being shed like water. Even young boys are not being spared and are beaten to death by police and security forces. Bullets are being pumped into the chests of young girls and women. Though people across Kashmir are shedding tears of blood, yet the rulers are in deep slumber. Even prayers have turned ineffective," it read.

A student said he was taken aback on seeing the exam and hesitated for some time to answer the questions. "I was perplexed, but later I thought it may be a plan of the government to probe the mind of the young students on the unrest," said Mushtaq Ahmad.

"This is a new dimension added to the unrest after months of shutdowns and curfews," said Abdul Quyoom, a local resident.

The mountainous Kashmir region is divided among Pakistan, China and India. In the past, India has poured thousands of security forces into its part of Kashmir to fight what India called a Pakistan-inspired insurgency. However, since the defeat of the insurgency, Indian forces have found themselves fighting mostly Muslim Kashmiris who say they have suffered oppression and want independence from Hindu-dominated India."

@Martian2.

Considering the point you are trying to make here

GOI has always been very touchy about not mixing education with such inflammatory content.

Our history education is so sanitized to the extent there can be no political,religious,ethnic,lingual interpretations drawn out from it.

@Martian2.

Considering the point you are trying to make here

GOI has always been very touchy about not mixing education with such inflammatory content.

Our history education is so sanitized to the extent there can be no political,religious,ethnic,lingual interpretations drawn out from it.

My post was not directed at you. I'm waiting for the anti-China extremists to respond and show me their twisted logic.

My post was not directed at you. I'm waiting for the anti-China extremists to respond and show me their twisted logic.

Oh! i guess i missed what happened in the last pages.

You know its gonna lead to more trolls and flame.

ooops...wrong thread

Last edited:
China..
Uh! you copy cat.
So now lets be prepared for Kashmiri idiots like Geelani etc. getting the prestigous China Peace Prize.
:lol:

China,a dictator government,jailing a person who is fighting for freedom for the entire population now releasing a peace prize.

Weird isn't it?

China..
Uh! you copy cat.
So now lets be prepared for Kashmiri idiots like Geelani etc. getting the prestigous China Peace Prize.
:lol:

China,a dictator government,jailing a person who is fighting for freedom for the entire population now releasing a peace prize.

Weird isn't it?

But some have already named the peace price after their lady leader who was part of Indian state terrorism :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom