What's new

China sends patrol ship into disputed South China Sea

No, I ignore worthless comments. My time is valuable.

To prove my point, you merely have to read the extensive replies that I posted on CNN.

Here are a few of what people replied to Martian2's point :rofl:

TTH

China has no rights to the Spratly and Paracel Islands. Their claims are the weakest among the parties that are involved. They use the same argument to claim that Viet Nam and Mongolia are parts of China. The lands that they occupied resulted from bullying and naval attacks on their neighbors. Southeast Asia will stand together against China's aggression.

June 14, 2011 at 10:31 am | Reply
Peter

China has historic evidences ranging from 1000 years of historic books, maps, artifiacts of their own to early 20th century maps from other countries such as USA, Engiland, Vietnam (yes Vietnam), Japan to prove it. There are also several international records of Vietnamese leader, Philippine leaders in the 50's that affirm China's historic right to these islands as well. Also both Vietnam and Republic of China in Taiwan also claim all the islands, not just PRC China. Get your fact straight people first

Brunei, Indonesia, and Malaysia have no problems with China over the islands because they don't provoke China as often as the other two. In that area, all sides often detain other's ships, arrest fishermen, confiscate materials, etc.. Last year, Phillippine arrested over 200 Vietnamese fishermen around the disputed islands.

Only reason Vietnam is making a fuss now is because of political benefit, internal to redirect inquires to its hyper inflated economy, to external to USA and others to counter against possible Chinese aircraft carrier becoming operational.

June 14, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Reply
HackYourAss

Chinese documents are FAKE! Their documents have been cut and pasted to support their greedy ambitions. IF you don't believe me, look at their so so famous character such as Fake melamine milk which kills children, Fake Toys wtih LEAD that kills children, Fake Egg, Fake Rice, Fake Wine, etc... The list goes on.

If you don't believe me, you will see all the chinese spies which ate Bun filled with cardboard for breakfast cyber snooping. Don't mess with NAM!

June 14, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
alan

prove it

June 15, 2011 at 6:26 pm |
PeaceMessi

If you think that China has all evidences, then prove it, bring all "evidences" to international courts, and solve disputes in peace and in the civilized manner. Why China does not go for that. Just because their "evidences" are fake and the weakest among all other claimants in the region. Please do not claim that Tibet, Southeast Asia Sea belonged to China for a thousand years. It is just ridiculous and nobody believes it (except the Chinese people who are brainwashed by their own government).

June 16, 2011 at 4:58 am |
hoangminh

Funny that when China wants some areas, they try to rename it on public online maps ( where everyone can come and change whatever they want ) , brings out some " truly documents" about their sovereignty ( of course it never ever be verified) and then shout to the World as if no one realizes their nasty behaviours.

June 16, 2011 at 12:32 pm |
Karlo

The Philippines does not provoke China, it is the other way around. They harassed Philippine vessels in the disputed areas. Get your facts straight Peter. You are trying to be smart but ends up looking stupid.

June 19, 2011 at 12:58 am |
noypi ako

@peter: do you understand UNCLOS?... UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE LAW OF THE SEA.... a law which states that every state has an extension of 200nautical mile exclusive economic zone from its shoreline/baseline.
how come u can say that china owns the spratly islands in the PHILIPPINES?.. china has a distance of 576nautical miles to the spratly, philippines.
China is only using its power in claiming those islands... if china is a law abiding nation, then she should not claim those islands.
just a favor peter, please if you are a true citizen of the world, tell your chinese comrades to refrain from occupying those isalnds which is not within the teritorial limits of 200nautical miles...

June 27, 2011 at 7:02 am |
Robert Nguyen

It's time that all South East Asians stand up, unite and resist Chinese naked aggression. This bullying behaviors should not be tolerated by all freedom loving, and civilized people of the World.
The body of the Sea is appropriately named South East Asian Sea to honor all neighboring countries around the sea. South China was a colonial name and does not reflect true identity of the region.
We should all now at least boycott all Chinese goods, and help China gains its rationale consciousness – - – and should it continue with its belligerent behaviors; we will need a stronger measures...

June 16, 2011 at 12:24 am | Reply
Philippines, USA 1940

Stop buying products made in china.

June 18, 2011 at 10:51 am |
Robert Nguyen

Key issue to resolve for World peace is for Communist China to be broken up into 5 different nations in addition to the independent Taiwan nation. Most of my Chinese friends are fighting hard for their freedom against the communist police regime in China.
It's time we all focus on supporting all freedom loving Chinese gaining their liberty.

June 16, 2011 at 12:33 am | Reply
Robert Nguyen

For thousands of years Truong Sa and Hoang Sa (internationally known as Paracel and Spratly Islands) were populated and administered by Vietnamese. During the Vietnam war in 1970, the Chinese took advantage of the war situation and invaded these islands. The Republican of Vietnam fought a heroic battle with what they had then – - – but I can assure you this time the Chinese are too big to be missed now...

June 16, 2011 at 12:43 am | Reply

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom