What's new

China sends note to UN chief to clarify Xisha situation

According to some Viet idiots ownership of the Paracels is legal due to the invasion of Champa - so who are you to play victim?

Certainly, these islands can be given to an independent Cham state.
where's "independent Cham state" !?

Our gov gave the evidence !!

Your PM admitted the island belongs to us . it is just 40 years ago. and that's enough.

If you are not happy with that , ask him for the reason and leave us alone.

It is so boring , like many flies go around you day and night.
One man or one personal letter cannot represent the whole Vietnam, let alone that letter be a political gesture. The letter was simply means "Hi, I wish you a good day." and somehow China interpreted it as "O almighty China we think you are the owner of the world."

And you keep saying about evidence yet officially what does China present beside the 9 dash line map and vague "historical evidence"?

According to some Viet idiots ownership of the Paracels is legal due to the invasion of Champa - so who are you to play victim?

Certainly, these islands can be given to an independent Cham state.

There was land of Viet Thuong ( Yuechang) people belong to Viets, Chams (Malayo ) people came later around before ACE. Viets taken back our ancient lanf of Hung Kings.

One man or one personal letter cannot represent the whole Vietnam, let alone that letter be a political gesture. The letter was simply means "Hi, I wish you a good day." and somehow China interpreted it as "O almighty China we think you are the owner of the world."

And you keep saying about evidence yet officially what does China present beside the 9 dash line map and vague "historical evidence"?
Um

Your Viet fellows call our Gov liar again and again .

And now you tell me your PM's words were just gesture like "Hi" and he can not represent the whole Vietnam.

And i want to know who can represent the whole vietnam if the other nations sign some treat with Viet, like TTP

According to your logic , Viet official will be a joke and clown because they can not represent Viet.

You GOV eat your words , you are not qualified to say our gov is liar.

And please tell your fellow stop posting some joke maps because you viet does not even recognise Formal diplomatic official letter.

Um

Your Viet fellows call our Gov liar again and again .

And now you tell me your PM's words were just gesture like "Hi" and he can not represent the whole Vietnam.

And i want to know who can represent the whole vietnam if the other nations sign some treat with Viet, like TTP

According to your logic , Viet official will be a joke and clown because they can not represent Viet.

You GOV eat your words , you are not qualified to say our gov is liar.

And please tell your fellow stop posting some joke maps because you viet does not even recognise Formal diplomatic official letter.
Well most Viet members here are not politicans or lawyers who specializes in dipolomatic but that does not mean you can disregard Chinese maps that we presented.

Also here are my reasons to disregard the letter:
1. In 1958, PRC pushed ROC out of the mainland. The US backed ROC up by mobilizing their fleet to Taiwan. Then PRC gave out a 12nm decleration to stop the US fleet from entering too close to the mainland. Being a good communist brother and an enemy of the capitalism West, Vietnam agreed with PRC and send the letter to support PRC stopping further US fleet involvement in South East Asia. It's all due to circumstance.
2. In the letter, there is no words or notes regarding China claims of Paracels and Spartly. PM Dong used a vague "12nm claim" in the letter and it's open to debate how he and Vietnam govt defined China 12nm claim at that time.
3. North Vietnam did not control Paracels and Spartly at that time so their decision over the islands was invalid. If you can present any similar documents after 1975, then I am all ears.

And if you want to use estoppel agaisnt me, I believed a Vietnamese members had a long post about it and the letter. Search for it if you want to see more.

Well most Viet members here are not politicans or lawyers who specializes in dipolomatic but that does not mean you can disregard Chinese maps that we presented.

1. In 1958, PRC pushed ROC out of the mainland. The US backed ROC up by mobilizing their fleet to Taiwan. Then PRC gave out a 12nm decleration to stop the US fleet from entering too close to the mainland. Being a good communist brother and an enemy of the capitalism West, Vietnam agreed with PRC and send the letter to support PRC stopping further US fleet involvement in South East Asia. It's all due to circumstance.
2. In the letter, there is no words or notes regarding China claims of Paracels and Spartly. PM Dong used a vague "12nm claim" in the letter and it's open to debate how he and Vietnam govt defined China 12nm claim at that time.
3. North Vietnam did not control Paracels and Spartly at that time so their decision over the islands was invalid. If you can present any similar documents after 1975, then I am all ears.

And if you want to use estoppel agaisnt me, I believed a Vietnamese members had a long post about it and the letter. Search for it if you want to see more.
Vietnamese's logic is we admint everything if its advantageous for us no matter who said even just a normal Vietnamese in one side,and we deny anything if its disadvantageous for us no matter who give a official promise even from their PM in another side.
so we cant blame china govts who censure viet govts untrustworthy、inconsistent。because here we can see what Vietnamese are.LOL

Okay . I can not read Vietnamese but I can read Chinese.

In 1958 4th sep We claimed that our water territory was 12nm AND this was applied to all land including Spartly and so on .

And Your PM send diplomatic letter to us at 14th sep , said Viet recognised and agreed our claim.

Tell me where I am wrong .

In 1965 , US claimed theatre of war

Your Gov protested US "it is a threaten for US to make the whole Viet and 100 nm wide from viet coast and China Spartly as theatre of war"

AND it is quite funny that you say VIET GOV send letter to support PRC to stop further US fleet.

Spartly is far away from TW or mainland. But US navy was just in the middle of TW strait .

Spartly is nothing to do with TW.

You say " it is all due to circumstance" .

Does that mean Viet can eat words if circumstance changes ?

Vietnamese's logic is we admint everything if its advantageous for us no matter who said even just a normal Vietnamese in one side,and we deny anything if its disadvantageous for us no matter who give a official promise even from their PM in another side.
so we cant blame china govts who censure viet govts untrustworthy、inconsistent。because here we can see what Vietnamese are.LOL
That is mean Vietnamese use credibility as a tool.

In 1958 4th sep We claimed that our water territory was 12nm AND this was applied to all land including Spartly and so on .

And Your PM send diplomatic letter to us at 14th sep , said Viet recognised and agreed our claim.

Your Gov protested US "it is a threaten for US to make the whole Viet and 100 nm wide from viet coast and China Spartly as theatre of war"

AND it is quite funny that you say VIET GOV send letter to support PRC to stop further US fleet.

Spartly is far away from TW or mainland. But US navy was just in the middle of TW strait .

They have proved it.

Interesting. So the Cham people were actually Malays?

Yes, it reported here in Vietnam Chams population is around 200,000 people now, and their languahe is similiar to language of people are speaking in Acer Island, today is part of Indonesia.

Indochine pennisule belong firt to Khmer in Cambodia, Mon/Muong (Viets in Vietnam) , Mon in Myamar and Khmu in Laos. We speaking Mon/Khmer language.

Thai, Laotien and Myanma people came later from 14 century ACE. They are speaking Tai/Katay language and Tibeto-Burma language.

Last edited:

1958, there was UNCLOS I, it was about 12 miles of territorial water, stated in UNCLOS I. In this time China was not member of UN. so China govt supported it.

Letter of PM agreed on 12 miles only. He didn't mentioned about Islands.

China PRC and North Vietnam signed in to Geneva Accords 1954. Both have to known that Islands belong to South Vietnam. North Vietnam didn't have right about Island of South Vietnam after 1954.

Yes, it reported here in Vietnam Chams population is around 200,000 people now, and their languahe is similiar to language of people are speaking in Acer Island, today is part of Indonesia.

Indochine pennisule belong firt to Khmer in Cambodia, Mon/Muong (Viets in Vietnam) , Mon in Myamar and Khmu in Laos. We speaking Mon/Khmer language.

Thai, Laotien and Myanma people came later from 14 century ACE. They are speaking Tai/Katay language and Tibeto-Burma language.

Very interesting. Thank you @Rechoice for that historical lesson. :)

Our gov gave the evidence !!

Your PM admitted the island belongs to us . it is just 40 years ago. and that's enough.

If you are not happy with that , ask him for the reason and leave us alone.

It is so boring , like many flies go around you day and night.

I find you can never forget this word "orgasm"

You repeat it over and over again.

You are curious about the feeling of "orgasm" or what ?
No, I found it appear very much in Chinese pathetic net fiction, with main char's just like some guy on here ... :rofl:
Nobody "admitted" anything, read that again, again and again, nothing like that was mention about ... :pop:

There was land of Viet Thuong ( Yuechang) people belong to Viets, Chams (Malayo ) people came later around before ACE. Viets taken back our ancient lanf of Hung Kings.
No it didn't,the first source (ie Zhushu Jinian) to mention Yuechang didn't mention Yuechang's location therefore the Han era practice of labeling Southern Vietnam as Yuechang is groundless.

There is no evidence that the pre Cham natives of Yuechang spoke Vietnamese what we do know is that they spoke Mon Khmer and that the bulk of the Cham population was of native stock not Austronesian.

Tracing the Austronesian Footprint in Mainland Southeast Asia: A Perspective from Mitochondrial DNA
"Comparing the Chams with other Southeast Asian populations reveals that the Chams had a closer affinity with the Mon–Khmer populations in MSEA than with the Austronesian populations from Island Southeast Asia (ISEA)."

Ancient "Vietnamese" were restricted to the Red River Delta of Jiaozhi commandery while the the other commanderies of Jiuzhen,Rinan and Hepu were of Li(裡) stock.

Furthermore ancient "Vietnamese" claim descent from Luo(雒) not Li.

Everytime you echo the Hung King myth your credibility grows dimmer.

Come back when Vietnamese can understand Hanzi:cheesy:

Er, even Chinese and Vietnamese scholars are debating about this letter, and they haven't come to an agreement. There are different opions coming from third parties too, so let the scholar do the work eh? Either you or me cannot outsmart them.

By circumstance I mean that given the circumstance at that time, some of our decisions were made hastely. PM Dong must have never dreamt that his letter of good wills can be twisted to used as a tool to fight against Vietnam. At that time even the land border between the two countries was not made clear, then do you think Vietnamese govt cared about disputed islands (between North Vietnam, South Vietnam and China)? Vietnam made the US enemy already, could not risk to anger China at the same time. That's why the letter was vague about 12nm claims. If PM Dong letter had included these words "China 12nm claims (including islands)", then it would have been no further arguements.

Come back when Vietnamese can understand Hanzi:cheesy:
Now you will say that map is some kind of the whole map of mainland of China, won't you? Does any other countries make seperated maps for its mainland and its islands? Even the USA who have islands in the middle of the Pacific ocean put their islands and Alaska in their map.

Last edited:
Now you will say that map is some kind of the whole map of mainland of China, won't you? Does any other countries make seperated maps for its mainland and its islands? Even the USA who have islands in the middle of the Pacific ocean put their islands and Alaska in their map.
If you can't read the title of the map then you're not qualified to discuss it,I have already explained it multiple times why certain Qing provinces and lands are not included.

Back
Top Bottom