What's new

CHINA SEEKS INFLUENCE IN INDIAN OCEAN THROUGH AID TO SRI LANKA: USA

genocide happened i agree .......and i condemn the Srilankan govt for the ruthlessness ...BUT those people are Srilankan citizens not indian , it does not matter that they are Tamils ...we have no hearsay in internal affairs of Srilanka
..but if we see similar things are happening in Kashmir..i have several friends from Kashmir..most of them say things about India which you probably won't like .....dont act like a hypocrite if you are supporting indian action against srilanka ...then also support pakistanis against india :pop::pop:

TWO completely different scenaioes, KAshmir is India's STATE!

How did WE Support the LTTE, when for godsake they killed our Prime minister... Sinhalese murdered and shelled tamilians in every city ... India military has not to date bombed a civilian compound in kashmir, we dont even give them guns in fear of shooting civilans... so Garry i think you need to leave india, if you cant support us leave us

Why would we build a PORT in Sri Lanka when we have one Kerela? Are you economically retarded, Like Obama? haha

look seriously a Naval Base in Sri Lanka, will only cause trouble for Sri Lanka, Garry why don't you keep your mouth zipped like Nehru and his backward policies... Gadhi and Nehru chacha and likes of you can have a seperate page in history LOL we are not going ALLOW a DAMN genocide commited by the sinhales ppl get free. UR an idiot PPL LIKE u WILL ONLY seperate INDIA... WE HAVE TO CARE FOR THE TAMILS OR our nation diintegrates...

But it's not about just "building a port" though - it's about extending influence through investments in other countries. I wouldn't be surprised if many Indian policymakers shared your simplistic viewpoints because so far, Chinese policymakers seem to out smarting the Indian ones, and that too in India's backyard. The flipside of course is that small countries like Sri Lanka get some benefit.

by issuing statements like this, we Indians are number one in making enemies out of people who were once friends....:coffee:

Quite true. India seems to have a talent for creating enemies out of friends and those evenly disposed towards them; The list keeps growing: Nepal (since the communists took over) and now Sri Lanka.

relations with pakistan are a different ball game...but i agree with the rest of your post

If you guys were smart enough you would have distinguished b/w Indians, south Indians, Tamils in India, SL tamils in India & LTTE symphathizers in India, Govt of Tamil Nadu & Central Govt of India.

I don't agree with samv that relations with Nepal are low.

TWO completely different scenaioes, KAshmir is India's STATE!

How did WE Support the LTTE, when for godsake they killed our Prime minister... Sinhalese murdered and shelled tamilians in every city ... India military has not to date bombed a civilian compound in kashmir, we dont even give them guns in fear of shooting civilans... so Garry i think you need to leave india, if you cant support us leave us

are you sure.....
http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopore_massacre

On the morning of January 6, 1993 when a group of 7-8 armed JKLF militants attacked a platoon of Border Security Force soldiers at Baba Yousuf Lane near Sopore and killing at least one. It was after this point that security forces went on a rampage and proceeded to indiscriminately fire at local residents and set fire to local homes and businesses.Witnesses claim that BSF soldiers attacked a public coach killing the driver and at least 15 passengers as well as attacking and burning three other cars. Some residents were burnt alive as security forces set fire to their homes and businesses. In all, official Indian Government reports state that 250 shops and 50 homes were burnt down although Kashmiri sources claim as many as 450 buildings were burnt down

Gawakadal massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Gawakadal massacre was named after the Gawakadal bridge in Srinagar, Kashmir, where, on January 20, 1990, the Indian paramilitary troops of the Central Reserve Police Force opened fire on a group of unarmed Kashmiri protesters, including women and children. At least 35 people were killed[

Zakoora And Tengpora Massacre, 1990 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But it's not about just "building a port" though - it's about extending influence through investments in other countries. I wouldn't be surprised if many Indian policymakers shared your simplistic viewpoints because so far, Chinese policymakers seem to out smarting the Indian ones, and that too in India's backyard. The flipside of course is that small countries like Sri Lanka get some benefit.

THE CHINESE ARE DUMB BEYOND WORDS... hahahahah

look my friend, those idiots dont get along with Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Philllipenes, Malaysia, Thialand, India, U.S. E.U, Russia, Mongolia, Australia, Taiwan....

NOW you tell me who is smart, the list i mentioned above are ALL India's very close to extremly close friends of INDIA, Who is smart now

When China invests, they rarely uses locals because the locals are not that hardworking as the Chinese. The Chinese take their work very seriously and give themselves deadlines.

They bring their own staff, own labour, own machinery and own raw material shipped from China. Very few locals are recruited and if they fail to perform as per Chinese standards, they are summarily sacked.

And no trade unionism is permitted or tolerated.

They get their own labour even though they have to pay them twice as much as they would pay them in China!

They do not brook laziness.

In this field, many have to learn from the Chinese.

Even breaks are totally timed and no loitering.

This will be borne out by a BBC series on China in Africa.

and i condemn the Srilankan govt for the ruthlessness ...

Sometimes you have to be ruthless to win a war. Sri Lanka was bleeding for the last 20 years and the LTTE had AMPLE opportunity to reach a political solution but walked away from peace talks every single time. Tamil Nadu had ample opportunity, given its contacts with the LTTE, to push the group to reach a political solution with the Sri Lankan government. But it did nothing of the sort, instead choosing to support the LTTE and its campaign of terrorism in Sri Lanka. People die in wars, that is a no brainer. But today Sri Lankans aren't randomly dying every day from bomb blasts anymore. People aren't coming home in body bags. People can move about the country in a way they haven't been able to for more than 30 years. It is sad that people died, and maybe the war could have been managed better, but wars are never nice things and when they have been going on for decades it is a given that atrocities would have been committed. There has never been a "clean war." The people who are crying for the civilian lives lost - where the heck where you guys for the last 20 odd years or so? hmm?

THE CHINESE ARE DUMB BEYOND WORDS... hahahahah

look my friend, those idiots dont get along with Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Philllipenes, Malaysia, Thialand, India, U.S. E.U, Russia, Mongolia, Australia, Taiwan....

NOW you tell me who is smart, the list i mentioned above are ALL India's very close to extremly close friends of INDIA, Who is smart now

Bingo!! Smart people are like that...Hope SL is smarter than this. There is no problem in building a commercial port, but if tommorow china wants that port to be used as a base against India..then SL will be between the devil and the Hard rock.

Sometimes you have to be ruthless to win a war. Sri Lanka was bleeding for the last 30 years and the LTTE had AMPLE opportunity to reach a political solution but walked away from peace talks every single time. Tamil Nadu had ample opportunity, given its contacts with the LTTE, to push the group to reach a political solution with the Sri Lankan government. But it did nothing of the sort, instead choosing to support the LTTE and its campaign of terrorism in Sri Lanka. People die in wars, that is a no brainer. But today Sri Lankans aren't randomly dying every day from bomb blasts anymore. People aren't coming home in body bags. People can move about the country in a way they haven't been able to for more than 30 years. It is sad that people died, and maybe the war could have been managed better, but wars are never nice things.

Even in war, one cannot be that ruthless as has been shown in various foreign programmes.

Wars are to win, but soldiers are not masochist butchers or psychopaths.

The US can win in Afghanistan tomorrow if ruthlessness is the byword.

Sometimes you have to be ruthless to win a war. Sri Lanka was bleeding for the last 30 years and the LTTE had AMPLE opportunity to reach a political solution but walked away from peace talks every single time. Tamil Nadu had ample opportunity, given its contacts with the LTTE, to push the group to reach a political solution with the Sri Lankan government. But it did nothing of the sort, instead choosing to support the LTTE and its campaign of terrorism in Sri Lanka. People die in wars, that is a no brainer. But today Sri Lankans aren't randomly dying every day from bomb blasts anymore. People aren't coming home in body bags. People can move about the country in a way they haven't been able to for more than 30 years. It is sad that people died, and maybe the war could have been managed better, but wars are never nice things.

i agree....things like this are common occurrence in war......both india and srilanka should move on from this ...:cheers:
for a better future...for a never ending peace .....:toast_sign:

If you guys were smart enough you would have distinguished b/w Indians, south Indians, Tamils in India, SL tamils in India & LTTE symphathizers in India, Govt of Tamil Nadu & Central Govt of India.

True. But I don't think the SL government is that smart -- from Sri Lanka's point of view (my opinion), it is quite easy to neutralise Tamil Nadu once you learn a bit about India.

I don't agree with samv that relations with Nepal are low.

yeah i guess it was more of broad statement...

Sometimes you have to be ruthless to win a war. Sri Lanka was bleeding for the last 20 years and the LTTE had AMPLE opportunity to reach a political solution but walked away from peace talks every single time. Tamil Nadu had ample opportunity, given its contacts with the LTTE, to push the group to reach a political solution with the Sri Lankan government. But it did nothing of the sort, instead choosing to support the LTTE and its campaign of terrorism in Sri Lanka. People die in wars, that is a no brainer. But today Sri Lankans aren't randomly dying every day from bomb blasts anymore. People aren't coming home in body bags. People can move about the country in a way they haven't been able to for more than 30 years. It is sad that people died, and maybe the war could have been managed better, but wars are never nice things and when they have been going on for decades it is a given that atrocities would have been committed. There has never been a "clean war." The people who are crying for the civilian lives lost - where the heck where you guys for the last 20 odd years or so? hmm?

HAHA when a country commits mass genocides like those,,, see what happend to Germany, the great soviet union... Mass murder = mass Sin and turmoil get ready Sri Lanka, Dark times are headed for your and ppl...

Back
Top Bottom