What's new

China says Sukhoi-35 last Imported fighter, while India carries on importing more Fighters

India is lucky that no one bans you and you can get the best of everything from both the west and Russia. but in the long time I don't know it is a boon or curse. You will have to work harder when working by yourselves is the only choice.

Yes, NASA banned us from participating any international space programs and we still have to do it. one way or another.
yeah, dual use tech.

good job otherwise, necessity being the mother of all invention etc, I guess being sanctioned in a way helps, it's helped the Iranians too.

India is lucky that no one bans you and you can get the best of everything from both the west and Russia. but in the long time I don't know it is a boon or curse. You will have to work harder when working by yourselves is the only choice.
Either they sanction you or they try keep you in perpetual buyer mode, India is now tying those big fat multi billion contracts to serious ToT with an aim to be self sufficient in the future, not apparent yet in terms of results but the leadership has it's goals set, hundreds of billions of dollars to be spent over the next decade, watch out for India to start emerging as a bit of player in 20 years or so.

[QUOTE And maybe bled white same as India?[/QUOTE]

People on this forum seem to be totally unaware of the real damage of importing these high cost items to the economy. A billion dollars spent on your own weapons creates masses of work for your own people; firms thrive and the level on domestic technology sky rockets. Spend the money on imported items, and it is a kiss of death to the economy.

who needs import when you can churn out illegal copies?

At least they can actually make fighter jets. Remind me again, how long did it take for your Tejas to be made? And is it better or inferior to what the Chinese have made? Answer those questions honestly.

You know,3 years ago,when Russian newspaper quoted that China is buying Su-35 from Russia,most (I want to say all,but you know :rolleyes:)of these Chinese posters simply rubbished those news.Some even went quite far,stating Russia is posting all these to make demand of Su-35 in international arena and such.

And today,they're humbly accepting how wrong or how blind they were back then.When we'll understand that if a hardware is worth of importing,we should swallow our pride and do that.Also,we shouldn't be too blind with our greed that we forget our own creation as well.

Not trolling,but ridiculing others on basis on import might expose yours sick mentality.:angel:

One point the article stumbled on is the fact that, since the purchase of the Su-30MKKs over 10+ years ago, there has been no import or reliance whatsoever on Russian avionics. Interestingly, the Su-30MKKs have since been retrofitted with Chinese fire-control radars and weaponry.

Russia does not hold a monopoly, or even an edge, when it comes to high-performance avionics that the Chinese have relied upon to upgrade their 4th/4+ generation aircraft.

========

China claims its developed 5 gen tech and still imports su-35 and they have been negotiating this for ages...
Advice to Pakistanies,even if it costs more go for euro fighter instead of going for J-31.

China claims its developed 5 gen tech and still imports su-35 and they have been negotiating this for ages...
Advice to Pakistanies,even if it costs more go for euro fighter instead of going for J-31.

The ability to developed high-performance aircraft and purchase of Su-35s are not mutually exclusive. Purchasing merely 24 Su-35s does not complement, let alone supplant, any existing fighter aircraft.

You know,3 years ago,when Russian newspaper quoted that China is buying Su-35 from Russia,most (I want to say all,but you know :rolleyes:)of these Chinese posters simply rubbished those news.Some even went quite far,stating Russia is posting all these to make demand of Su-35 in international arena and such.

And today,they're humbly accepting how wrong or how blind they were back then.When we'll understand that if a hardware is worth of importing,we should swallow our pride and do that.Also,we shouldn't be too blind with our greed that we forget our own creation as well.

Not trolling,but ridiculing others on basis on import might expose yours sick mentality.:angel:

The "rumor" of the Su-35 purchase has been circulating the internet for a good part of 9 years. The rationale behind the purchase of merely 24 Su-35s in the advent of the J-11D, J-16, and other Flanker derivatives (which are more advanced than the Su-35s in numerous aspects) is also up to interpretation. By that measure, I'd say that any skepticism is well-justified.

but do Chinese fighters really match up to Russian or American/western ones ?

I'd like to hear a detailed technical explanation of your hypothesis.

Last edited:
yeah we agree, when one can illegally produce copies and terms them indigenous, no imports required.

are you that naive? atleast it works at home.

more like the typical excuse indians always give for their own imcomptency at even copying or reverse engineering.

Don't have one to offer, I was making fairly general statements, you can make of them what you want.

You are of course welcome to express your viewpoints. I was simply curious to hear the reasoning behind yours.

more like the typical excuse indians always give for their own imcomptency at even copying or reverse engineering.

China is in a make or break path in order to self sustain its military edge over west. Hence all copying reverse engineering and all that. Including espionage.

India doesn't and most probably can't take that route mainly due to political remification. Hence we rely on whatever knowledge base we have including joint ventures to make and learn the slow way.

China is in a make or break path in order to self sustain its military edge over west. Hence all copying reverse engineering and all that. Including espionage.

India doesn't and most probably can't take that route mainly due to political remification. Hence we rely on whatever knowledge base we have including joint ventures to make and learn the slow way.

u r quoting exactly what i said- the same old excuses to deceive themselves- knowingly or ignorantly.

'politcal considerations'
'ethics'
whatever

fact is India lack the dedicated facilities, infrastructure, wind tunnel testing structures, analysis machinery, complex material testing instruments to be able to take apart a piece of or an entire equipment to conduct reverse engineering- on top of the will and brain power needed

Last edited:
u r quoting exactly what i said- the same old excuses to deceive themselves

'politcal considerations'
'ethics'
whatever

fact is India lack the facilities , infrastructure, wind tunnel testing structures, analysis machinery, complex material testing instruments to conduct reverse engineering- on top of the brain power needed

These are not excuses, these are facts. No scientist can design unless there is a giver agenda. Else creating infrastructure isn't a problem.

These are not excuses, these are facts. No scientist can design unless there is a giver agenda. Else creating infrastructure isn't a problem.

what fact? just because you say so?

'creating infrastructure isnt a problem'

this tickled me hard- so why do India have to send it's own tejas or Kaveri engine to Russia for testing if it can build 1 back at home?

Like i said, jsut the same old self-deceiving excuses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom