What's new

China says Australia should consider Japan's war history before submarine contract

Ahahahah......well you liberated them from western imperialism isn't it Nihonjin san? The Chinese should be thanking Japan instead of complainng about Japans war crimes.:D

Michael, please don't make a joke of a serious subject. You irk me with your laughter. Of course it is not an issue of pride for Japanese to know what our ancestors did in China. Now, you, shut it.

Better that it was a JPNese Unit 731 than a white man's version of it.

lol yeah, Maybe Japan wouldn't have invaded if it werent for the west prey on China for the 100 years prior, you know, when the time we refused to import opium, we were faced with cannon balls of Ironclads.

No, your other posts here were in an attack of my character, when I DID NOT even attack you on that kind of level. I merely tried to infer another view point, to learn more about the paradigm comprehensively. Why is engaging on discourse tantamount to 'betrayal' or 'stabbing one in the back' when that is not so. You know perfectly well what your intent was.

I have on numerous occasions here defended you and even received hard blows on your behalf when you were being personally attacked by some members here in PDF. YOU know that. And to be attacked by you just because we have some differing views on some topic is what i don't understand from you, by shear principle. I had considered you a great mentor to me here in PDF and have followed your posts for a LONG TIME before i joined here. Because of your knowledge on naval systems. But what i don't understand is your proclivity on going below the belt and engaging in libel.

You have injured me, Sir. I don't really care so much about Jhungary as i never considered him a mentor, really. But you, you were one of my greatest admirations here.

Sincerely.
I do not need anyone to 'defend' me. But be that as it may...

You did not merely have different views from me but you turned against my country of allegiance in the worst. You lived in the US. By that alone, you know that people living inside our borders, whether they are US citizens or not, enjoys the highest amount of rights and freedoms above every country in the world. And yet you have no hesitation in trotting out our flaws and exaggerate them just to make national insults to placate your Chinese friends. Not once have I ever said anything about JPN in the same manner as you said about US. We treated you as a friend and you turned on US.

lol yeah, Maybe Japan wouldn't have invaded if it werent for the west prey on China for the 100 years prior, you know, when the time we refused to import opium, we were faced with cannon balls of Ironclads.
Take that up with the Brits. Check your history books, you live in the US so unlike your China, real history should not be an issue, you will find that US never had any colonial interests on mainland China.

Take that up with the Brits. Check your history books, you live in the US so unlike your China, real history should not be an issue, you will find that US never had any colonial interests on mainland China.

I didn't say it was the US, read my post again.

real history? sure, if you count 300 years history as history.

What does morality have to do with resisting a political ideology? Or are you talking specifically Vietnam context, which of course I have no idea about.
We do not live in an intellectual and moral vacuum. Everything we do have a justification. We eat because of hunger, drink because of thirst, and flight or fight because of threat.

So regardless of what country, a competing political ideology is always a moral issue. From an ideology, your behaviors are affected, how much you can earn, what job can you have, where you can travel, or even how many children can you have.

the Japanese still haven't apologized for comfort woman. they are in denial of their war crimes during Imperial Japan era.

they treated Chinese and Koreans less than dogs.

once China controls Japan they'll have their history books packed full of the truth of what happened, and a law against denying the truth.
Why will Japan apologise??Japan will never apologise. Since it seems Chinese were right when they said the Japsnese have been taught thst they simply fought for the liberation of China, Korea and Asia. :enjoy:. IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR AN APOLOGY, IM AFRAID YOU WILL WAIT FOREVER. :bounce:

I didn't say it was the US, read my post again.

real history? sure, if you count 300 years history as history.
Is that supposed to be an insult ? If so, it is so lame it needs crutches. But if you want to use history as basis for national pride, what happened to China ? A country with thousands of yrs of agricultural knowledge and you had to import the disastrous Lysenkoism from the Soviets and ended up starving millions of your own people ?

Is that supposed to be an insult ? If so, it is so lame it needs crutches. But if you want to use history as basis for national pride, what happened to China ? A country with thousands of yrs of agricultural knowledge and you had to import the disastrous Lysenkoism from the Soviets and ended up starving millions of your own people ?

so what? China isn't perfect and there are mistake through out history?
what is your national Pride? your ancestor George Washington?

Don't think you (we) have any room to talk sheeeit about one of the most ancient civilizations to stand the test of time, considering the problems we currently face stateside that we can't even resolve.

Of course not,...
Good...If my memory is correct, you are the first of the US-haters to have the courage to say it is not morally wrong to resist communism.

...however is it morally wrong to unify the Nation?
No, it is not. But the method can be morally questionable.

The UN Trusteeship plan for Indochina was acceptable by the US (Roosevelt and Truman), China (Chiang Kai-shek), and Russia (Stalin). No one can dispute that historical fact. If allowed to progress, France's hope of returning to Indochina as colonial master would have been dashed. Britain's claim to her colonial territories would have been on shaky moral grounds. If Mao was so concerned about independence for China, he should have stayed out of Viet Nam as what goes on was none of China's business, especially when there was a civil war pending/going.

The flawed argument here is that since North Viet Nam was victorious, a war was the only way to achieve independence. It is shocking that a Ph.D like yourself could not see the error in logic.

the U.S has done more in 300 years of it's existence than most countries with 1,000+ years of history.

:cheers:

Don't think you (we) have any room to talk sheeeit about one of the most ancient civilizations to stand the test of time, considering the problems we currently face stateside that we can't even resolve.
So just because China is an older country she has the right to lecture US, but not vice versa ?

The Chinese Govt reasoning is hilarious

So given China's cold war history, Australia should abandon any ties with China for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom