What's new

China’s e-passport maps irk neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people talking about war, again, if you start a war just because some guy print something on some document. You have got to check your nerve my friend.

The problem is, you prionts your and they prints their, you got nothing's done, it's not a game where who every print first and print more win, it's just a way to agitate others and say, "so what"

This is the lowest of the low form of tactics. Which done nothing but just start row after row of agrument. What Chinese do is piss off India, Phillipine and Vietnam, and then they started to talk about War.

War is only fun if other people fought for you, when you are required to hold a rifle and shoot other people, and let the other people use you as target practice, that's not much fun in there. Again, trust me, i've been there, a 2 way firing range is not much fun as a 1 way firing range.

Thailand has no stakes in the dispute, no wonder that they stay neutral. Though the Thais say:
"Recognising the travel document is not equivalent to recognition of sovereignty of any country over any disputed territory".

Got it?

Got it? LOL Basically you're saying the same thing I said and you're asking me if I get it. I wonder if you GOT IT.

Got it? LOL Basically you're saying the same thing I said and you're asking me if I get it. I wonder if you GOT IT.

I got it. You posted an article intending to support your argument, but that failed. The Thais clearly say they do not recognise your claims. :lol:

China love to child plays, messing with Russia and got their a... kick, messing with N. Korea and got their a.. kick, messing with Japan and got their a.. kick, now messing with Vietnam, Philippine, Malaysia, Brunei with it passport and got their a... kick LOL Does Chinese have any shame at all? Is China all talks and not walk the talk? China is the big country but act like little child.

Vietnam and Philippines are refusing to stamp this new passport.

No, We still stamp on the passport, We stamp as "invalid" on it.

invalid-stamp.gif

Vietnam invalidates new Chinese passports - Breaking news, sociey news from Vietnam on TuoiTreNews

BTW: Nice to see Korean come back!

The passport thing remind me when i was a wee kids. I like to do a lot of childish stuff like putting nail in the drawer for teacher i hate, and pulling the pony tail to girl l like. LOL Good time...

The passport thing remind me when i was a wee kids. I like to do a lot of childish stuff like putting nail in the drawer for teacher i hate, and pulling the pony tail to girl l like. LOL Good time...

I cannot laugh but ask if there is a strategy behind this move?

Seriously talking, this act increases the already high tension in the dispute and can bring a new anti China alliance among its neighbors. Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia and Brunei are due to meet in Manila in 2 weeks. Sadly ASEAN is no longer suitable for such talk!

Vietnam and Philippines are refusing to stamp this new passport.

welcome back! :lol:

Seriously talking, this act increases the already high tension in the dispute and can bring a new anti China alliance among its neighbors. Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia and Brunei are due to meet in Manila in 2 weeks. Sadly ASEAN is no longer suitable for such talk!

Sometime all you need is to see something on the lighter side..........

Seriously, this move is stem from desperation, China, as a big country, have to flex some muscle, and when they did not get what they think they deserve on the negotiation table, they have to express their dominance somewhere. Hence the whole passport thing.

I don't think they actually did not act without thinking rather its a sign of desperation, same thing as when i was a kid, i very much hate the guts of that teacher and i can't do anything, hence the prank.

@Viet & @jhungary
While it does increase the tensions in the region, IMO this kind of move was somewhat inevitable. There is a change of Command taking place in the Beijing Oligarchy that runs the Party and Country. There is now a very assertive (and aggressive- in the Mao mold) coterie that is in the process of taking over the reins of power. A similar group is also manuevering for primacy in the PLA. Unlike other countries with professional armies the PLA is a party apparatchik. So changes in PLA's power structure will move in tandem with political changes. This just reflects that.

But this 'passport game' is largely symbolic. Most of all it allows the hawkish elements to posture aggressively without actually coming to blows. A kind of shadow-boxing. The Chinese love this kind of action, it helps to minimise any potential loss of face.
Symbolisms are very important in their Lexicon.

About ASEAN, it has been effectively subverted so as to render it moribund. So some kind of sub-regional adjustments may take place in lieu of ASEAN for some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Capt.Popeye

The Vietnamese government sees this move from the Chinese as a provocation, that cannot be tolerated. On one hand, China talks of negotiation, but on the other hand, it puts the disputed areas as theirs on the new passport, a government paper.

This 'passport game' is more than symbolic. The move makes the issue more complicated to be resolved as it further pushes nationalistic sentiment in China as well as in Vietnam.

Gov’t orders no stamping on new Chinese passports
TUOITRENEWS
Updated : Fri, November 30, 2012,11:45 AM (GMT+0700)

chairman-of-the-government-office-vu-duc-dam-770483-20121130133411-1.jpg

Chairman of the Government Office Vu Duc Dam

The Vietnamese government spokesman Vu Duc Dam said at a regular press conference yesterday that the Vietnamese government has ordered immigration agencies not to stamp anything on the new Chinese passports that contain the illegal 9-dash line.

According to Le Vinh Truong, of the East Sea Research Fund, China is “waging psychological warfare”. They tried to brainwash their citizens with wrong ideas, wrong facts, repeating them again and again in an effort to turn them into the “truth”.

Gov

Sometime all you need is to see something on the lighter side..........

Seriously, this move is stem from desperation, China, as a big country, have to flex some muscle, and when they did not get what they think they deserve on the negotiation table, they have to express their dominance somewhere. Hence the whole passport thing.

I don't think they actually did not act without thinking rather its a sign of desperation, same thing as when i was a kid, i very much hate the guts of that teacher and i can't do anything, hence the prank.

Whether they act without thinking or not, it is not a wise move, I believe.

@Capt.Popeye

The Vietnamese government sees this move from the Chinese as a provocation, that cannot be tolerated. On one hand, China talks of negotiation, but on the other hand, it puts the disputed areas as theirs on the new passport, a government paper.

This 'passport game' is more than symbolic. The move makes the issue more complicated to be resolved as it further pushes nationalistic sentiment in China as well as in Vietnam.

Gov’t orders no stamping on new Chinese passports

The Vietnamese government spokesman Vu Duc Dam said at a regular press conference yesterday that the Vietnamese government has ordered immigration agencies not to stamp anything on the new Chinese passports that contain the illegal 9-dash line.

According to Le Vinh Truong, of the East Sea Research Fund, China is “waging psychological warfare”. They tried to brainwash their citizens with wrong ideas, wrong facts, repeating them again and again in an effort to turn them into the “truth”.

Gov

@Viet,
These moves are undeniably provocative but finally symbolic. If you think back and re-appraise Sino-Viet Nam relations (esp the conflicts) you are likely to find a similar pattern before the actual action on the ground. A good bit of it is for internal consumption and as you said to whip up nationalistic sentiment.

There was the episode of stapled visas between them and India earlier which was done to Indian passport holders from two states in India which are disputed. Plainly to irritate and provoke, but absolutely childish. I had that experience once when I entered China from where I reside (which is not in India) and I have nothing to with those states (neither having been born or resident there ever). So I got handed a stapled visa on arrival in Shanghai. I promptly removed the staple and pasted the visa into my passport. Now that caused a huge stir then. My local liasion was terrified, that I had thumbed my nose at the authorities. I coolly told him that whoever concerned could just arrange for me to leave immediately, if they felt like; since I gave a damn. The organisation that had sponsored my visit (an official one) decided that they could not let me go since it would affect their work, more than me. So everybody just kept quiet, I did what I had to in China and left normally. I never had that experience again. In India, at the height of that issue; the immigration just would not allow people to board flights to China with stapled visas, I believe. So they relented.

The VN Govt. is free to act as they fit. But this as I said earlier just "shadow-boxing". It allows the Chinese Govt. to again change their policy without loss of face. Nothing permanent about it. If the Chinese Govt. thinks it can make friends like this......:no:
But if it is intended to impress the rank and file of the CCP, then that is a different matter. :D

I got it. You posted an article intending to support your argument, but that failed. The Thais clearly say they do not recognise your claims. :lol:

I did not make any claim of sovereignty and just point out only countries involve in territorial disputes are making fuzzes about the passport thing. It's you who automatically think people not in your camp are against you. Think more and troll less is my advice to all of you!

Whether they act without thinking or not, it is not a wise move, I believe.

No, it is not wise, stupid perhaps, but it's their only action to vent frustration and to show to their new boss we are doing something. Did the game change because they print a new maps, no. Did it affect many people, no. It just a measure to no one by nobody serious.

@Viet,
These moves are undeniably provocative but finally symbolic. If you think back and re-appraise Sino-Viet Nam relations (esp the conflicts) you are likely to find a similar pattern before the actual action on the ground. A good bit of it is for internal consumption and as you said to whip up nationalistic sentiment.

There was the episode of stapled visas between them and India earlier which was done to Indian passport holders from two states in India which are disputed. Plainly to irritate and provoke, but absolutely childish. I had that experience once when I entered China from where I reside (which is not in India) and I have nothing to with those states (neither having been born or resident there ever). So I got handed a stapled visa on arrival in Shanghai. I promptly removed the staple and pasted the visa into my passport. Now that caused a huge stir then. My local liasion was terrified, that I had thumbed my nose at the authorities. I coolly told him that whoever concerned could just arrange for me to leave immediately, if they felt like; since I gave a damn. The organisation that had sponsored my visit (an official one) decided that they could not let me go since it would affect their work, more than me. So everybody just kept quiet, I did what I had to in China and left normally. I never had that experience again. In India, at the height of that issue; the immigration just would not allow people to board flights to China with stapled visas, I believe. So they relented.

The VN Govt. is free to act as they fit. But this as I said earlier just "shadow-boxing". It allows the Chinese Govt. to again change their policy without loss of face. Nothing permanent about it. If the Chinese Govt. thinks it can make friends like this......:no:
But if it is intended to impress the rank and file of the CCP, then that is a different matter. :D

There are heaps of rolls like this with China for many many time, mostly they are just gonna do seomthing to irritate people and then they will back off when the other side did not back down. Come time they would just be looking stupid for those things they do. THe problem is, they will do it again and the same cycle goes on and on.

I remember one time when i go to China from Hong Kong with my wife (Who is sweduish) beause of her i lined up on the non-Chinese citizens/resident line (I hold HKSAR passport and return permit) because i don't want her to line up alone. Big mistake. Got jerk around for 2 or 3 hours and they stop you and put you in a room like you are some kind of criminal. Then we both missed a great chunk of the schedule and missed the check in time for our hotel suite....

Guess what i did in the return trip? Same things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom