What's new

China red-flags India’s entry into NSG, may push for Pakistan

Both India growing at a near double digit rate of growth and China slowing down are a distinct possibility(you can keep on adding a trillion dollars to your economy every year but growth wise you would still be falling and in long term its the growth rate that matters)

No way my friend...... look at the growth of past few years it is no way near double digit, This year it may grow at 5-6. and next year the best case would be a growth of 6.5....... Double digit wont happen in another 5 years atleast.....

Both India growing at a near double digit rate of growth and China slowing down are a distinct possibility(you can keep on adding a trillion dollars to your economy every year but growth wise you would still be falling and in long term its the growth rate that matters) as of now and this is supported by current projections and economic scenarios.

Thanks for conceding to to the fact that even if it takes half a century currently it seems that India will catch up to China. And moreover, 'half a century' is a blip in larger schemes of things. So, it really doesn't matter by when but one thing is sure that it will happen and that was the entire essence of my post. Let this sink in and you will realize that the facts you are quoting are known to everyone and everyone understands them, but at the same time everyone realizes that if any country in the world can stand upto China economically,it is India. So, India will get its due even if it takes a bit of time.

Also, India doesn't have to be economically equal to China to be heard at International forums. It just has to be big enough and this will happen sooner than 'half a century'.

Let wait and see, in 2004 India predicted to surpass China, what happen till now? China currently 5x the size of India GDP. China still have more room for grow as China not a fully developed country, maybe in 100 yrs India will eventually pass China but not less than 100 yrs from now.

US is backing India.
Russia is backing India.

China try picking on someone else like Mongolia

No way my friend...... look at the growth of past few years it is no way near double digit, This year it may grow at 5-6. and next year the best case would be a growth of 6.5....... Double digit wont happen in another 5 years atleast.....
Did you notice that the scenario being discussed here is not the next 5 years but the next 50 years.

I agree that till the inefficiencies in our system are sorted out we would be able to manage around 6.5 % rate of growth. But, this is only till the reforms are not implemented. But, what limits India from growing at a faster rate post that. More importantly, the point that I wanted to get across was that it is a fact that India would be comparable to China in economic terms in the near future (that happens in 15 years or 50 years it really doesn't matter). And once that happens India will get its say in these forums if they have to remain meaningful and representative of the majority of the world. The fact that we are even taking about India's entry into NSG even when its a non-signatory to NPT with the backing of most powerful country on Earth itself is a indication of India's growing clout and indicates that atleast India's entry into these forums may not be that distant a dream.

Our safety is any way better than the so called self proclaimed superpower that proliferated nuclear technology by leaking Nuke kit and technology to other nations including a South Asian nation.
Neither we stolen or bought anyone tech nor we proliferated our hard earned indigenous nuke tech.
I hope if US could gave us a waiver in NSG they can also ensure our memebership in NSG

if you think your nuclear program is entirely indigenous then you are incredibly (hilariously) mis-informed :laugh:

by the way "nuclear technology" was not stolen by Pakistanis; an older DESIGN for a centrifuge cascade (which Pakistanis re-vamped and enhanced completely) was stolen by AQ Khan (a metallurgist, not a nuclear scientist). Still doesn't mean that we had a carte-blanche and suddenly had the technology. The ISI had to get involved in order to set up front companies just so that we could safely and reliably source all the components and materials (like maraging steel for example) needed to build those centrifuges - without any major suspicions being raised.

the israelis the british and americans at one time or another have also done similar things in their own times...countries do what is in their best interests, including defense interests...it was your side that started the nuclear arms race in South Asia, we simply responded

by the way your nuclear program is largely run by civilians whereas ours is both civilian but mostly military in nature.....your country will have to contend with American and IAEA inspectors to come to your nuclear sites with their bureacratic checklists and auditing procedures to ensure your nuclear supplies are not being mis-allocated or mis-used. Have fun with that.

It's in Pakistan's interests that if we secure any nuclear energy deals - it should be done with the Chinese, who will not be so intrusive.

Pakistan never engaged in proliferation, AQK did, his network was shut. Lets not talk about proliferation, we all know who provided nukes to Israel.

exactly!

Did you notice that the scenario being discussed here is not the next 5 years but the next 50 years.

I agree that till the inefficiencies in our system are sorted out we would be able to manage around 6.5 % rate of growth. But, this is only till the reforms are not implemented. But, what limits India from growing at a faster rate post that. More importantly, the point that I wanted to get across was that it is a fact that India would be comparable to China in economic terms in the near future (that happens in 15 years or 50 years it really doesn't matter). And once that happens India will get its say in these forums if they have to remain meaningful and representative of the majority of the world. The fact that we are even taking about India's entry into NSG even when its a non-signatory to NPT with the backing of most powerful country on Earth itself is a indication of India's growing clout and indicates that atleast India's entry into these forums may not be that distant a dream.

I feel one of the most important factor in this s corruption.... As a country we can go faster if the low performing states pull up..... The problem with them is they are the most corrupted and the fund spend are either go to the pocket of the politicians or the bureaucrats..... The low fuel prices is also going to add up..... govt has topped up the price by increasing taxes and the money recovered can be used on infra..... fiscal deficit is going to be under control.....

Defense is another sector which sucks lot of our money, probably make india might help a bit...... A long way to go

if you think your nuclear program is entirely indigenous then you are incredibly (hilariously) mis-informed :laugh:

by the way "nuclear technology" was not stolen by Pakistanis; an older DESIGN for a centrifuge cascade (which Pakistanis re-vamped and enhanced completely) was stolen by AQ Khan (a metallurgist, not a nuclear scientist). Still doesn't mean that we had a carte-blanche and suddenly had the technology. The ISI had to get involved in order to set up front companies just so that we could safely and reliably source all the components and materials (like maraging steel for example) needed to build those centrifuges - without any major suspicions being raised.

the israelis the british and americans at one time or another have also done similar things in their own times...countries do what is in their best interests, including defense interests...it was your side that started the nuclear arms race in South Asia, we simply responded

by the way your nuclear program is largely run by civilians whereas ours is both civilian but mostly military in nature.....your country will have to contend with American and IAEA inspectors to come to your nuclear sites with their bureacratic checklists and auditing procedures to ensure your nuclear supplies are not being mis-allocated or mis-used. Have fun with that.

It's in Pakistan's interests that if we secure any nuclear energy deals - it should be done with the Chinese, who will not be so intrusive.

exactly!

Do you have any proof to refute our indigenous claim?Then do that .Lame comments and excuses cant cover up the reality.We installed a FBR in 80s and run for 25 years,with that design and experience we developed a new design PFBR.
We have successful R&D projects concerning Thorium cycle.
Even a director from a prestigious US institution conceded that our Thorium reserach is quite advanced than theirs.

You can explain whatever you want but your nuke program got double reputation due to AQK.

Now we have a new gen AHWR reactor on construction running with Thorium cycle..I think that is around 700MW .

Both India & Pakistan deserve to be in the NSG

That is an irrational sentiment.

India does not get any material benefit from joining NSG. Whatever benefits are available to a NSG members are available to India due to India specific exemption given by NSG.

Only benefit that would accure to India by joining NSG is a stake in future decision (as decisions of NSG are taken by consensus). Only time India may use it's veto power is to deny any nuclear deal to Pakistan.

So compared to situation where both India and Pakistan are members of NSG (as suggested by you), current situation in which neither of them is member is in national interest of India.

Oh I forgot, ancient Indian invented all the technologies, we are just recycling what you invented 1200 years ago.

So your arguements inventory end there :rofl:
First go and develop a 70cc engine and then talk us about nuke tech and research.

No wonder the US has taken over Pakistani Nukes, because apparently they are the biggest threat and concern to India.......But hold on, the US has not taken over Pakistani Nukes, so basically nobody in the world give a **** about India! You can only whine and cry until your particular interest somehow aligns with those of a country that actually matters on the map!

Dude, what makes you think they have woken up yet?

Go and cry around a corner and eat that nukes if you have hungry.Savevsome grass also.

Right!!! And then you woke up!

Create some conspiracy theories.Would help you:sarcastic:

I feel one of the most important factor in this s corruption.... As a country we can go faster if the low performing states pull up..... The problem with them is they are the most corrupted and the fund spend are either go to the pocket of the politicians or the bureaucrats..... The low fuel prices is also going to add up..... govt has topped up the price by increasing taxes and the money recovered can be used on infra..... fiscal deficit is going to be under control.....

Defense is another sector which sucks lot of our money, probably make india might help a bit...... A long way to go
Corruption is a major issue, but in my view corruption can't really hold back a country. The levels of corruption in India are comparable to China and corruption hasn't stopped them from growing. In my view more important factor which will determine the rate of growth of our country in near future will be the extent to which Modi is able to take government out of the way of doing business in the country. If he can just focus on reducing interference, market forces can take care of almost everything including infrastructure, job creation, new skill development, etc. Ideally its governments job to create infra because of the high investment requirement but in our case because of the huge potential of markets even these investments are feasible. Government just have to ensure proper and justified checks and balances.

And if Mamta can understand the importance of bringing in businesses and hold business summits, I feel that all political parties will soon understand that they will have to do all they can to support business or risk loosing the states to BJP which is actually working in the right direction.

Corruption is a major issue, but in my view corruption can't really hold back a country. The levels of corruption in India are comparable to China and corruption hasn't stopped them from growing. In my view more important factor which will determine the rate of growth of our country in near future will be the extent to which Modi is able to take government out of the way of doing business in the country. If he can just focus on reducing interference, market forces can take care of almost everything including infrastructure, job creation, new skill development, etc. Ideally its governments job to create infra because of the high investment requirement but in our case because of the huge potential of markets even these investments are feasible. Government just have to ensure proper and justified checks and balances.

And if Mamta can understand the importance of bringing in businesses and hold business summits, I feel that all political parties will soon understand that they will have to do all they can to support business or risk loosing the states to BJP which is actually working in the right direction.

What modi is capable of doing as CM , we already know....... What Modi want to do or what he has in his mind we already know...... Now it is the time to know who well he can deliver.

The one advantage/disadvantage this govt has is the clear majority and less worry about the so called "coalition dharma".... It becomes an advantage when you want to drive something, but become a disadvantage if you do something wrong.....

This govt started of well, and created lot of expectation.... and they did take some good steps too..... and one more point which favors this govt is luck...... they are lucky because fuel prices are at rock bottom and they can play around with reforms and can raise money with out adding taxes.... Imagine the fuel prices were gone the other direction, let us say 140 $ a barrel???? Even with the best intention and ability the fiscal deficit & inflation would have been on a crazy level......

Another point i see here is the attention of media is diverted towards some idiots and their comments on hindutva..... I seriously hope the govt is working on the back drop and are creating a foundation for a higher economic growth....

Let wait and see, in 2004 India predicted to surpass China, what happen till now? China currently 5x the size of India GDP. China still have more room for grow as China not a fully developed country, maybe in 100 yrs India will eventually pass China but not less than 100 yrs from now.

Predictions based on what? Hearsay? Do you believe any headline you read? I don't. I look for the facts. Anyone who believed what you stated is a fool. We are trying to surpass China. Our goal is develop as much as posssible, as fast as possible.

Let me help you realize the point of the post, it has to do with China red flagging India's entry to NSG. As usual, China says one thing but acts in a different way. No wonder Indians don't trust China. How can they trust a country that can't even follow what they preach!

Predictions based on what? Hearsay? Do you believe any headline you read? I don't. I look for the facts. Anyone who believed what you stated is a fool. We are trying to surpass China. Our goal is develop as much as posssible, as fast as possible.

Let me help you realize the point of the post, it has to do with China red flagging India's entry to NSG. As usual, China says one thing but acts in a different way. No wonder Indians don't trust China. How can they trust a country that can't even follow what they preach!

China agree to vote India into NSG but China can't ignore Pakistan also want to join the group, both India and Pakistan are nuclear arm state, can't admit one without admit the other, that what China stated.

So your arguements inventory end there :rofl:
First go and develop a 70cc engine and then talk us about nuke tech and research.

I can make it in my garage
but we have no competition with a country whose fore-fore-fore-fore fathers invented airplane that could travel between planets

I can make it in my garage
but we have no competition with a country whose fore-fore-fore-fore fathers invented airplane that could travel between planets

Really ?? What is the brand name ofthat guarage ?
Fiat or Dailmer :sarcastic:
And any way better than asking for sixth century laws.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom