What's new

China ranks first worldwide in PV power capacity

Stop humiliating yourself kid.

YOU came on PDF like a big shot and opened a thread about how Korea is ahead of China in overall technology.

Then members here gave you PROOF of how China is way ahead in military technology.

Then you switched it to civilian technology. You gave 13 industries in which you said Korea is ahead. Then after getting embarassed and your claims getting debunked, you then brought it down to 6 industries. We continued to debunk your laughable nonsense and then you said it's only 4 industries which were semiconductor, display, medical, automotive.

We have already debunked you on display, medical and even automotive.

So basically Korea is only ahead of China in semiconductor :lol:

As I've told you before, stop embarrassing yourself with sh*t you have no knowledge about.

It is you who are self humiliating.
Take advice and note from what Audio told you above kid, he is aware how wasting time is talking with less intellectually endowed one :laugh:

As told you 100 times, military technology is off topic!
You are a kind of delusional, ignorant and in denial. :lol:

None of evidence that you ever brought to prove that China is ahead or on par with Korea on the technology mentioned above (Display, Semiconductor, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Auto, Robot, etc). :laugh:

Last edited:
I like how you need to pretend that you don't see how the two examples are connected, how they both follow up on the same pattern.
It was just an illustration for the less intellectually endowed, i see i need to take it to even more basic levels for you.
In any case, it is clear to anyone with two functioning brain cells and a cursory understanding of China/PV industry/EU subsidies what happened, regard less of your mental gymastics and attempts at spin.

meanwhile...hordes of unemployed in the middle kingdom grow larger....due to epic competitiveness! :omghaha:

I like how you got owned on the solar panels issue and now wants to divert the topic to escape your humiliation :lol:

China has many domestic steel companies that rely on the domestic steel market which is by far the largest in the world. So your entire claim to try and link it to the solar industry is beyond laughable.
You are clueless and trying every trick in the book to escape the fact that you have nothing to respond with.

The main issue was that EU tried to eliminate Chinese solar companies using trade protectionism. I said it failed because Chinese solar companies can now rely on the domestic solar market to survive as the Chinese solar market is the largest in the world.

If you cannot handle the heat, don't play with fire. You got into a losing debate with me and got pwned and now you want to find an excuse to get out of this using topic diversions :lol:

It is you who are self humiliating.
Take advice and note from what Audio told you above kid, he is aware how wasting time is talking with less intellectually endowed one :laugh:

As told you 100 times, military technology is off topic!
You are a kind of delusional, ignorant and in denial. :lol:

None of evidence that you ever brought to prove that China is ahead or on par with Korea on the technology mentioned above (Display, Semiconductor, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Auto, Robot, etc). :laugh:

We have debunked your myths on display, auto, pharmaceutical. Every "proof" you gave have been embarrassingly debunked and you got nothing.

Where is your answer to J20blackdragon on auto and medical equipment?

Are you that scared to answer him because you have no counter? :lol:

Clean Energy Dragon Way: China "rock star of clean energy investment"
Published: 2016-1-28

China is the rock star of clean energy investment, Michael Liebreich, founder and chairman of the advisory board of Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF), said here Wednesday.

According to new research published by BNEF Wednesday, global clean energy investments reached a record high in 2015, helped substantially by China's contribution, Liebrich told journalists during a one-day summit on clean energy.

"I described (China) in my remarks earlier as the rock star of clean energy investment as they really are now top by a pretty substantial margin," he said.

Of the 330 billion dollars invested in clean energy in 2015, China invested 110 billion dollars, said Liebrich, substantially more than the United States, which invested the second-most, at 57 billion dollars.

Speakers at "the Investor Summit On Climate Risk: Advancing The Clean Trillion" included UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, former US Vice President Al Gore and former Mayor of New York Michael Bloomberg.

The summit brought investors together with world leaders to map out ways to increase investment in clean energy to one trillion dollars annually needed to keep global temperature rises well below two degrees celsius.

Liebrich said he was confident that China would continue to contribute to increasing investment in clean energy, even as the economy transitioned, as made clear from the five-year plan.

The increased investment in clean energy in 2015 despite challenging circumstances was a positive sign, he noted.

"For the clean energy sector sustained low oil and gas prices are concerning, there's no question," he added.

But Liebrich said positive signs, such as the new Paris climate change agreement reached in December, indicate that it is likely that investments in green energy will again reach new records in 2016.

Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, told journalists that there were more and more opportunities for investors to do good and do well at the same time.

She said she had also seen a shifting understanding of what fiduciary responsibility involves.

"It is not about a quarterly result. It is about the long term stability of the economy and of the industry as a whole," she added.

I like how you got owned on the solar panels issue and now wants to divert the topic to escape your humiliation :lol:

China has many domestic steel companies that rely on the domestic steel market which is by far the largest in the world. So your entire claim to try and link it to the solar industry is beyond laughable.
You are clueless and trying every trick in the book to escape the fact that you have nothing to respond with.

The main issue was that EU tried to eliminate Chinese solar companies using trade protectionism. I said it failed because Chinese solar companies can now rely on the domestic solar market to survive as the Chinese solar market is the largest in the world.

If you cannot handle the heat, don't play with fire. You got into a losing debate with me and got pwned and now you want to find an excuse to get out of this using topic diversions :lol:

lol, you bring charades to a whole new level. In any case, the facts are still like i said they were. You have not been able to refute anything, only crying.

We can easily go back to PV, it is no problem at all, like i explained above, mentioning other industries was just to enforce my case as to showcase the procedure along which such things progress. But you grabbed it like a straw, clinging to it as if it is the only argument i have been able to provide.

Laughable.

Lesser versions of Suntech's bust are repeating themselves throughout China's solar sector, as other once-triumphant panel makers flirt with insolvency. They grew too fast, propelled by inefficient environmental subsidies in Europe and the United States and by billions of dollars in backing from governments and banks in Wuxi and across China. The Chinese solar stampede was a mad dash for easy money, and at first it seemed unstoppable. But then Western governments dialed back their solar largesse, demand for China's solar panels failed to keep pace with the industry's torrid production increases, and inventory began piling up. The result: Manufacturers' balance sheets began turning red.

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insights/jeffrey-ball-chinas-solar-panel-boom-bust

In 2013, EU and China came up with a trade settlement, under which in a given year, Chinese companies are allowed to export to EU solar equipment able to generate up to 7 GW power without paying duties, provided that the price is not lower than US$0.56 per watt. Any solar products sold above the permissible volume quota or below that minimum price would be subject to anti-dumping duties of an average of 47%. Consequently, EU’s share in overall Chinese solar PV module exports reduced from 65% in 2012 to 30% in 2013, and further down to 16% in 2014. At the same time, in December 2014, the USA, which accounted for 3% of the Chinese solar PV module exports in 2014, imposed anti-dumping duty rates of 52% and anti-subsidy rates of 39% on imports of solar panels made in China.

Chinese government’s aggressive efforts to drive significant expansion of domestic solar energy generation capacity is concentrated to spur new demand for solar PV equipment, and thus provide new market opportunity for indigenous solar panel manufacturing industry, dampened by series of anti-dumping duties levied by top export countries.

http://www.eos-intelligence.com/perspectives/?p=1331

Last edited:
China's PV power capacity to hit 150 gigawatts by 2020

BEIJING - China's photovoltaic (PV) power capacity will hit 150 gigawatts by 2020, said a senior official on Tuesday.

Dong Xiufen, director of the new energy office with National Energy Administration (NEA), said that the country will continue expanding PV power generation in the next five years.

According to the NEA's data, the country's total PV power capacity stood at 35.8 gigawatts by the end of June this year (2015).

Dong stressed that future work will focus on distributing PV in central and east China as well as PV stations in west China, to increase PV capacity by 20 gigawatts annually from 2016 to 2020.

Lower cost, technological innovation and better PV services are also expected, Dong added.

Huai Jinpeng, deputy head of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), said the MIIT will continue to advance mergers and acquisitions among domestic solar PV companies and push forward technology upgrades.

He said further efforts are needed in technology research and development and company financing, and more policies are expected for PV power grid connection and subsidies.

We have debunked your myths on display, auto, pharmaceutical. Every "proof" you gave have been embarrassingly debunked and you got nothing.

Where is your answer to J20blackdragon on auto and medical equipment?

Are you that scared to answer him because you have no counter? :lol:

You are delusional and in denial.

Look again on your claim about OLED above, which is circling around and debunked easily, and you could not come up with argument anymore except REPOST!

Where is your debunk on display? on auto? and on pharmaceuticals? you are debunking nothing but denial :lol:

lol, you bring charades to a whole new level. In any case, the facts are still like i said they were. You have not been able to refute anything, only crying.

We can easily go back to PV, it is no problem at all, like i explained above, mentioning other industries was just to enforce my case as to showcase the procedure along which such things progress. But you grabbed it like a straw, clinging to it as if it is the only argument i have been able to provide.

Laughable.

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insights/jeffrey-ball-chinas-solar-panel-boom-bust

http://www.eos-intelligence.com/perspectives/?p=1331

Let's see what my original point was about.

I said China being the largest solar market in the world will allow Chinese companies to survive. China will have about 5 big solar companies after the industry goes through a consolidation process. Smaller companies are either bought by bigger companies or they are allowed to go bankrupt. This is what happens to every mature industry.

Chinese solar companies are currently adjusting to supplying the Chinese market since they overproduced as they anticipated European demand to continue and didn't anticipate trade protectionism from Europe.

Chinese solar demand will continue to increase and it will be Chinese solar companies that will supply that demand.

If China didn't have solar demand, then China won't have solar companies as foreign markets will introduce trade protectionism to eliminate Chinese companies.

Europe failed in its goal to eliminate the Chinese solar industry. Europe thought that once they introduce trade protectionism that the Chinese solar companies would be liquidated and there won't be any competition for European solar companies. But China decided to expand its own solar demand which can compensate for European demand.

As TaiShang have pointed out, Chinese solar demand will increase enormously over the next few years.

Guess who will supply that demand?

Chinese companies :coffee:

Let's see what my original point was about.

I said China being the largest solar market in the world will allow Chinese companies to survive. China will have about 5 big solar companies after the industry goes through a consolidation process. Smaller companies are either bought by bigger companies or they are allowed to go bankrupt. This is what happens to every mature industry.

Chinese solar companies are currently adjusting to supplying the Chinese market since they overproduced as they anticipated European demand to continue and didn't anticipate trade protectionism from Europe.

Chinese solar demand will continue to increase and it will be Chinese solar companies that will supply that demand.

If China didn't have solar demand, then China won't have solar companies as foreign markets will introduce trade protectionism to eliminate Chinese companies.

Europe failed in its goal to eliminate the Chinese solar industry. Europe thought that once they introduce trade protectionism that the Chinese solar companies would be liquidated and there won't be any competition for European solar companies. But China decided to expand its own solar demand which can compensate for European demand.

As TaiShang have pointed out, Chinese solar demand will increase enormously over the next few years.

Guess who will supply that demand?

Chinese companies :coffee:

Exactly, my friend. The future of solar is in the Dragon's hands.

upload_2016-2-1_10-36-33.png

Listed below are the top ten PV "module" manufacturers for 2014. Companies are ranked by megawatts shipped, not revenue. Trina Solar is number one on the top 10 list, up from number two last year (+1 in year over year change). Yingli Green Energy dropped from number one to number two. First Solar dropped to number nine from number seven last year. Seven of the top 10 module producers are Chinese and during 2014 well over 50% of all solar panels shipped were manufactured in China. (Note that Canadian Solar has a 500 MW manufacturing plant in Canada.) There is a general trend for companies to vertically integrate, i.e. manufacture all three stages of production - wafers, cells, and modules. Wafer companies are moving into cells because they have a cost advantage using their own wafers. Pure cell manufacturers are moving into modules, which is basically low tech assembly, but it also gives them a low cost material advantage. Major players want to be totally integrated from wafers to modules and even end user sales and installation. Having an internal supply of material shields companies from the up and down swings of the spot markets and provides an opportunity to "brand" their products.

The 10 Largest Solar "Module" Manufacturers - 2014

Rank Company Technology Y/Y Chg.
1 Trina Solar, China c-Si +1
2 Yingli Green, China c-Si -1
3 Canadian Solar, China c-Si 0
4 Hanwha Solar, China a-Si, c-Si +6
5 Jinko Solar, China c-Si 0
6 JA Solar, China c-Si +3
7 Sharp, Japan c-Si, Thin Film Si -3
8 ReneSola, China c-Si -2
9 First Solar, USA CdTe -2
10 Kyocera, Japan c-Si -1

c-Si = Crystalline Silicon, a-Si = Amorphous Silicon, CdTe = Cadmium Telluride

@Economic superpower , @Shotgunner51 , please pay attention to this:

Those Chinese companies who have stock traded on American exchanges, and have to follow American accounting rules, have mainly lost money because of inventory write downs and other asset impairment write downs. Most of these are non cash items on balance sheets. Actual cash flows were not as negative as profits. Some companies even continued to have a positive cash flow. However, prices of some components like polysilicon, wafers and solar cells have been edging up since the beginning of 2013. 2014 proved to be a profitable year for the companies that survived the 2011 and 2012 glut of product.

http://solarcellcentral.com/markets_page.html#issues

You are delusional and in denial.

Look again on your claim about OLED above, which is circling around and debunked easily, and you could not come up with argument anymore except REPOST!

Where is your debunk on display? on auto? and on pharmaceuticals? you are debunking nothing but denial :lol:

OLED is a promotional technology that's not mainstream. I've already debunked your links as nothing more than grandiose future predictions on OLED.

Debunk on auto and pharmaceuticals? I think J20blackdragon owned you.

Let's see you answer him.

Then turn the tide to block European solar panels from entering Chinese market if they have any. Just for fun. :)

Most of the European panels now are actually Chinese panels re-routed from Malaysian and Indonesian free zones and labelled Made in Europe..

Well, that is good news for China.

The question is: has china's solar panel reached international standard in term of quality and technology?

I had an option to compare JA Solar vs Spanish product and I opted for the Chinese.
Why? Because the Chinese was made with more high tech than the Spanish and was also cheaper..
the European fabs have not upgraded their technologies because they are unable to churn a profit large enough to finance the upgrade..

OLED is a promotional technology that's not mainstream. I've already debunked your links as nothing more than grandiose future predictions on OLED.

Debunk on auto and pharmaceuticals? I think J20blackdragon owned you.

Let's see you answer him.

Prove it! Prove that OLED is only promotional technology.

What you debunked? :laugh: How could you debunked the fact with your empty assumption from thin air? ::crazy:

I have debunked your assumption, that OLED is economically feasible technology with very strong evidence! You were checked matt already from weeks ago. Then you shamelessly repost and circling around in this thread. :lol:

Should I follow you by circling around either by dragging again the solid evidence that I have posted many many times?? You are disgracing your friends with very low intelligence.

:omghaha:

Prove it! Prove that OLED is only promotional technology.

What you debunked? :laugh: How could you debunked the fact with your empty assumption from thin air? ::crazy:

I have debunked your assumption, that OLED is economically feasible technology with very strong evidence! You were checked matt already from weeks ago. Then you shamelessly repost and circling around in this thread. :lol:

Should I follow you by circling around either by dragging again the solid evidence that I have posted many many times?? You are disgracing your friends with very low intelligence.

:omghaha:

All you have are a bunch of predictions about OLED sales in 2020. By 2020, OLED won't even be talked about. It's a promotional technology that can never become mainstream due to its high cost and the fact that QD can give the same quality picture at a fraction of the cost.

These are the same promotional technologies that some smartphone companies promoted such as 3D screens and other nonsensical things that only fools fall for.

OLED has already failed which is why QD is competing with it due to the problems associated with OLED. Some companies promote QD and LG promote OLED.

I've debunked your laughable claims that Korea is ahead of China in display technology. China is equal to Korea in LCD which is the only display technology that is mainstream.

You have been debunked and utterly humiliated by many members on this forum and that's why you are afraid to answer J20blackdragon's post regarding auto and pharmaceuticals.

You have been owned comprehensively!

All you have are a bunch of predictions about OLED sales in 2020. By 2020, OLED won't even be talked about. It's a promotional technology that can never become mainstream due to its high cost and the fact that QD can give the same quality picture at a fraction of the cost.

These are the same promotional technologies that some smartphone companies promoted such as 3D screens and other nonsensical things that only fools fall for.

Where is the evidence?

You keep reposting idiocy and claims that been debunked numerous time.
You cant debunked evidence with claim. That is idiocy.
My evidence is incredibly strong! how come you ignore and downplay it by your own assumtion?

Please prove that what experts said about OLED bright future is WRONG!
You can quote other expert that you consider more credible than market reasearch team that I have shown you.

OLED has already failed which is why QD is competing with it due to the problems associated with OLED. Some companies promote QD and LG promote OLED.

I've debunked your laughable claims that Korea is ahead of China in display technology. China is equal to Korea in LCD which is the only display technology that is mainstream.

You have been debunked and utterly humiliated by many members on this forum and that's why you are afraid to answer J20blackdragon's post regarding auto and pharmaceuticals.

You have been owned comprehensively!

Prove it!

All you have done is claiming. You cant prove your claim by another claim, be a little bit smarter.

Prove that OLED has already failed with QD
Prove that China is on par with Korea in display.

Where is the evidence?

You keep reposting idiocy and claims that been debunked numerous time.
You cant debunked evidence with claim. That is idiocy.
My evidence is incredibly strong! how come you ignore and downplay it by your own assumtion?

Please prove that what experts said about OLED bright future is WRONG!
You can quote other expert that you consider more credible than market reasearch team that I have shown you.

Prove it!

All you have done is claiming. You cant prove your claim by another claim, be a little bit smarter.

Prove that OLED has already failed with QD
Prove that China is on par with Korea in display.

China and Korea are equal in mainstream display technology which is currently LCD.

OLED and QD are promotional technologies which hasn't taken off which disqualify it from the comparison as promotional technologies can be used in anything to claim superiority. Anyone from any industry can come up with promotional technologies and boast about how they are the industry leader. That's not how it works.

QD has a significantly greater chance of becoming mainstream due to its lower cost compared to OLED. QD production don't need to create new production facilities which saves on cost.

Why would anyone pay 3 times the price for an OLED tv when you can get the same picture quality with QD?

I've debunked your so called "proof" already. You've been exposed as a fraud!

Back
Top Bottom