What's new

Featured China ramps up production of JF-17 fighter jet

Good pakistan must support china by PAC to make it more efficient for chinese to manufacture these fighters for

That is vice versa unless, you missed it deliberately. PAC manufactures Thunders for Nigeria.

That is vice versa unless, you missed it deliberately. PAC manufactures Thunders for Nigeria.

sure can you share Nigerian Jf-17 rolling out of PAC and some testing regimen they take thanks in advance

sure can you share Nigerian Jf-17 rolling out of PAC and some testing regimen they take thanks in advance

Why should I work hard to share something for your knowledge. That's your interest to find out and see them flying at PAC.

Nazi germany 75 years ago had the capability of making jet engines, the technology is really not that difficult. The problem is making an engine that is up to modern standards, using modern materials, and modern manufacturing techniques.

Starting small though with helicopters or turboprops for drones/civillian use though might develop the industry enough to get to that stage; but only if the govt/military would finally allow private involvement in the defence/aerospace sector.

That is not a very good comparison, even if we leave the Nazi ideology on one side.
Germany at the time was a powerhouse. It had huge manufacturing base. Building tanks, guns, vehicles, aircrafts, submarines, ships etc at whim. Pakistan doesn't have that much capabilities.

That is not a very good comparison, even if we leave the Nazi ideology on one side.
Germany at the time was a powerhouse. It had huge manufacturing base. Building tanks, guns, vehicles, aircrafts, submarines, ships etc at whim. Pakistan doesn't have that much capabilities.

Gas turbine theory is something which is taught to engineering undergrads though, I literally did a report on it and pretty much all the information you need (up to the last 15-20 years or so) is public information or declassified by the US Military and NASA. If a company in Pakistan can hire competent mechanical/material/chemical/software engineers, they could easily develop one.

As I said, its a matter of getting it up to modern standards. Company's starting small though on civillian/drone aircraft could get up to scratch in a decade or two.

Metallurgy PhDs teaching kindergarden in Pakistan hahahahha.

But yeah you are spot on.

I don't understand why people on here are always like "Gora kare ga to hum karein ge. Nai to hum se nai ho ga".

Defeatist mentality.
haha, you obviously aren't an engineer or scientist. It is mostly metallurgy in which Pakistan has excellent expertise. It just needs a decision that's all.

and why not, can pakistan not start manufacturing them locally for its own use and then expand to turbo prop and other types. in parallel start investing in capabilities of designing a new one from scratch, plan for next 20 years.
we are told to dream big, but you dream way too big that its a waste of time replying and explaining to you. let me tell you again NO you cannot make a reliable jet engine in next 30 years. Want to give it a start then start with the engine blades and will proceed from there.

haha, you obviously aren't an engineer or scientist. It is mostly metallurgy in which Pakistan has excellent expertise. It just needs a decision that's all.
Really... So Mr Scientist who is stopping that decision. Is it the PAF. If they are then they surely knows more than you Mr Scientist. They knows not to get into the no go area of Aviation.

Is it more complicated than an atombum?
It definitely is way more complicated. Beside that nuclear weapons has its own purpose.

I think that's the problem with our people.. We want the Mercedez when we don't even know how to drive the freakin tricycle..

As far as people saying we can't do it. Well, they said that about the Nukes too but we have those right now. So I think the Brains are there just the will is lacking.[/QU

You can make nukes but not jet engine.
You can make nukes but not a nuclear reactor for a submarine. There are limitations and that's how the world works.

Last edited:
How come B-III goes into production after just one test flight?
Sir do you really think they would undertake first test flight of a jet with the press there and a stadium full of people?

The pictures of the test flight we saw last year must have easily been the 10th or something flight that the B3 jet may have taken.

First step in making a jet engine is to Start working on it.

How about develop the infrastructure required to design and test. Hardest part is the metallurgy for turbine blades. Jet engines were develop almost 80 years ago. Issue isn’t creating a jet engine but meeting or exceeding the efficiency and quality requirements for the modern jets.

Pakistan need few millions to set up super computer to Simulate and crunch equations, properties for metallurgy.

Metallurgy will also payoff in developing composite airframe.

Back
Top Bottom