What's new

China quietly & cleverly finds a new route to S. Doklam, 7 months after India stopped it

The point of conflict is called Donglang, and it has over the past few months turned into a permanent Chinese military base.

Is that the "status quo"? :P

They have to verify as its a shifting status quo. So when we ask a question, we must indicate a time. As answers would change with time to the exact same question.

The point of conflict is called Donglang, and it has over the past few months turned into a permanent Chinese military base.

Doklam is the whole area where we have no stake yet we are stopping you from going forward.
Point of conflict is the area marked on the map below.

Technically speaking we never had a problem with you constructing anything from north of the the point of conflict which is where IA stopped PLA from constructing, from where PLA is yet to construct anything.

You lot had been making roads and stuff long before 2005 and even post 2007 after the Bhutan-India treaty we had no problem with chinese construction, its when you were getting close to the chicken's neck that when we stopped you and from where you still haven't had the gall to go forward.

China-makes-base-in-North-Doklam-with-armoured-vehicles-helipads.jpeg

Unless of course you bypass us and take the vantage positions directly south of the point of conflict it really doesn't matter what you build, permanent or temporary.
So yeah, that is status quo.:coffee:

Doklam is the whole area where we have no stake yet we are stopping you from going forward.
Point of conflict is the area marked on the map below.

Technically speaking we never had a problem with you constructing anything from north of the the point of conflict which is where IA stopped PLA from constructing, from where PLA is yet to construct anything.

You lot had been making roads and stuff long before 2005 and even post 2007 after the Bhutan-India treaty we had no problem with chinese construction, its when you were getting close to the chicken's neck that when we stopped you and from where you still haven't had the gall to go forward.

View attachment 460931

Unless of course you bypass us and take the vantage positions directly south of the point of conflict it really doesn't matter what you build, permanent or temporary.
So yeah, that is status quo.:coffee:

Do you realize that China had no permanent military presence in Donglang until a few months ago?

Now Donglang (which India considers Bhutan's territory and thus protected by a full mutual defence treaty) has become a giant Chinese military base. That's a pretty big change over the past few months.

Therefore the status quo has not changed? :P

Do you realize that China had no permanent military presence in Donglang until a few months ago?

Now Donglang (which India considers Bhutan's territory and thus protected by a full mutual defence treaty) has become a giant Chinese military base. That's a pretty big change over the past few months.

Yeah, sure it has.
Then what's stopping china from taking Doklam by force?

Again, you can arm doklam however you like, the crux of the situation being, longer supply lines on your side and better positioned troops and all sorts of units on ours means china's militarisation is all for naught.:coffee:

I think India and China will fight another war because China will continue it's progress towards jhamperi ridge.i think China wants to come very close to Chicken neck.this matter is very serious and I don't know why Indian army is silent.attack on chicken neck will separate 7 states from India and China will use it as a bargain against any aggressive posture from India.

I think India and China will fight another war because China will continue it's progress towards jhamperi ridge.i think China wants to come very close to Chicken neck.this matter is very serious and I don't know why Indian army is silent.attack on chicken neck will separate 7 states from India and China will use it as a bargain against any aggressive posture from India.
Well let's hope and pray the Indians don't run next time like they did last time

Yeah, sure it has.
Then what's stopping china from taking Doklam by force?

Again, you can arm doklam however you like, the crux of the situation being, longer supply lines on your side and better positioned troops and all sorts of units on ours means china's militarisation is all for naught.:coffee:

Well I guess India has nothing to worry about then, regarding our construction in Donglang.

As I said few months ago during the crisis that China will fortify Dong Lang plateau as we built Islands in SCS :lol:, without India provocation China will have a hard time to justify the militarization of this plateau, these Indians strategists are self fulfilling their prophecy that Dong lang will be a curse to Siliguri corridor.

India is a bigger super power then China and should respond with bigger, better and stronger build up.
Not a chuu from Bipin and China has Militarized the whole area.

OR India is confident of its invisible forces?

There must be a response to this build up from India other then saying " we are ready for two front war". China is actively busy practically doing something and on other side...

Do you think he will ever acknowledge it...his bhakti ego is badly hurt so the only way for him is to keep lying to himself and his fellow chaddi clad clowns (3Cs).

This news actually confirms that China had stopped the work at the disputed site. Where are the Chinese members who were claiming that China never stopped the work at the disputed site. Oh also the cheerleaders from Pakistan who were following those delusioned Chinese members. As at as new roads are concerned...this makes me even prouder, India has actually forced them to retreat, and now they are trying nail and tooth to find alternate routes.
What happened to shupa pawa / US killer / Asian giants ego ? Why is China not suing the same route ? Never mind, cuz when you will use these new roads to reach the site, you'll have to face India agin...and back to square one. All the claims by Chinese members were soooooo fake. haha

India should throw out Chinese from the Donglang area. I completely support India. Come on India, don't let me down now. Send in your IA and throw the Chinese out.

And China should also mot give a damn about India and use the same disputed route like a braveheart instead of new route. C'mon China, I am with you..don't let me down. Send in your PLA and use the same route and show balls.

Mar 21, 2018 03:57 PM IST
Experts say two-front war with China, Pakistan is India's biggest security concern
The panel of experts agreed that India needs to positively engage China to prevent getting encircled by both its neighbours.

A two-front war with Pakistan and China is India’s biggest security concern at the moment, a panel of former high-ranking military officers and foreign policy experts concurred at the recently-concluded News18 Rising India Summit.

A panel comprising of Brigadier (retd) V Mahalingam, Observer Research Foundation fellow Manoj Joshi, and Vice Admiral (retd) Satish Soni agreed that India needs to positively engage China to prevent getting encircled by both its neighbours.

“As of today, there is no space left for talks with the Pakistan government. There, it is the military that is ruling and it is not willing to give even an inch in either Kashmir or Afghanistan,” said Mahalingam. India’s focus should be to bring the situation in the Kashmir Valley under control, he added.

The army must prepare for a two-front war with both China and Pakistan, the former brigadier said, but India and China are working on resolving their differences and learning to live with each other. The resolution of the Doklam standoff was a case in point, he said, adding that it was a positive sign.

Mahalingam’s concerns of a two-front war were mirrored by Joshi, who called the notion a dangerous one. “When was the last time a country won a two-front war? Unfortunately, for us we have not been able to use our diplomacy to break the Pakistan-China nexus and that is our challenge,” he said.

Joshi, however, dismissed fears of another standoff like the one at Doklam developing over the summer. India does not have a stake there, he said, pointing out that it was issue that concerned Bhutan and China and that India was only involved because of its ties with Bhutan.

Another point of concern for India in recent times has been China’s growing dominance in the Indian Ocean, but Soni said he believed it was one aspect in which China was actually trailing India. Although China is ahead of India in many aspects, Soni iterated that most of China’s sea trade passes through the Strait of Malacca, which makes it vulnerable.

"In the Indian Ocean, the game is very long and it is being played very slowly. India has a geographical advantage and it should exploit it," Soni said.
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/i...-indias-biggest-security-concern-2532759.html

India sounds like it's gonna give up.

China's increasing presence in Doklam: 'Will Modi Ji hug, cry in public this time', wonders Rahul

TIMESOFINDIA.COM | Updated: Mar 21, 2018, 16:44 IST
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...s-time-wonders-rahul/articleshow/63396841.cms

This news actually confirms that China had stopped the work at the disputed site. Where are the Chinese members who were claiming that China never stopped the work at the disputed site. Oh also the cheerleaders from Pakistan who were following those delusioned Chinese members. As at as new roads are concerned...this makes me even prouder, India has actually forced them to retreat, and now they are trying nail and tooth to find alternate routes.
What happened to shupa pawa / US killer / Asian giants ego ? Why is China not suing the same route ? Never mind, cuz when you will use these new roads to reach the site, you'll have to face India agin...and back to square one. All the claims by Chinese members were soooooo fake. haha

And China should also mot give a damn about India and use the same disputed route like a braveheart instead of new route. C'mon China, I am with you..don't let me down. Send in your PLA and use the same route and show balls.
It never fails to amaze me the convoluted logic that Indians go through to soothe their wounded ego.
Now Jhampheri ridge is no longer the problem.
Instead, whether China can reach Jhampheri ridge using route A or B is more important to the dumb Indians.

China's desire for a safer additional alternative route to Jhampheri Ridge that can threaten Siliguri Corridor that is further away from any Indian interdiction from Doka La in times of conflict never cross their mind.
HA HA HA. :dance3::dance3::dance3:

It never fails to amaze me the convoluted logic that Indians go through to soothe their wounded ego.
Now Jhampheri ridge is no longer the problem.
Instead, whether China can reach Jhampheri ridge using route A or B is more important to the dumb Indians.

China's desire for a safer additional alternative route to Jhampheri Ridge that can threaten Siliguri Corridor that is further away from any Indian interdiction from Doka La in times of conflict never cross their mind.
HA HA HA. :dance3::dance3::dance3:
‘Doklam under complete surveillance, Chinese activity hasn’t crossed Red Lines’

Doklam plateau, the site of a 73-day-long face-off between Indian and Chinese armies last year, is being kept fully under surveillance by India. Official sources said that China had not undertaken any fresh road construction in the area in the past month, and its activity had not crossed any Indian Red Lines.

“The suggestion that China has built a fresh road to Jampheri ridge, without our knowledge, is completely misleading. The Chinese haven’t made anything new in the past month. We are keeping the full area under surveillance through visual and technical means,” official sources told The Indian Express.

According to sources, China has been constructing ‘laterals’ — tracks which run parallel to its border with Bhutan in Doklam — in the territory controlled by it. Construction of such tracks, sources added, in the area it controls has been undertaken by China even before the Doklam face-off and there is nothing new or unusual about it.

“Our Red Lines are very clear: Jampheri Ridge and Torsa nalla. We stopped the Chinese last summer when they tried to proceed south of Torsa nalla, from the parking area. None of their laterals constructed post-Doklam cross the Torsa nalla. In fact, they are still at least 1.6 km north of Torsa nalla and have not crossed the Amo Chu river to the east. They haven’t crossed any of our Red Lines,” sources said.

In June last year, Indian soldiers had walked down from their post at Doka La to stop the Chinese track construction party which was attempting to make a track to Jampheri ridge. Jampheri, which lies in Bhutan and has a post of Royal Bhutan Army, is considered strategically important by India, as Chinese deployment on the ridge line will make India vulnerable in the Siliguri corridor.

Meanwhile, there has been no change in the deployment of the Chinese battalion in Doklam. Nearly 250 soldiers of the battalion, which was based in Yatung, are now deployed in South Doklam.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom