What's new

China pays internet users to flood web forums with pro-government propagand

Status
Not open for further replies.
A biased press is not a free press.
Every person, including YOU, has a bias about something. Does that mean you are not free? What we casually call 'the press' is too general, instead we should focus on the individual elements of 'the press' or 'the media', just like how we would focus on individual opinions or biases. A 'free press' is never completely biased because a 'free press' by its nature encourages diversity in opinions.

I don't blame India since India's democracy are still at the infant stages of development.
Who can blame India when the father of democracy is guilty of the same freedom of press and manipulation? :cheers:

The fact that you can only bring up the very few instances of where journalists are arrested for reasons other than what their profession entails mean you do not have a very good case of journalistic oppression in the US. You might try to search for where ordinary citizens call Bush vile names and see what happened to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every person, including YOU, has a bias about something. Does that mean you are not free? What we casually call 'the press' is too general, instead we should focus on the individual elements of 'the press' or 'the media', just like how we would focus on individual opinions or biases. A 'free press' is never completely biased because a 'free press' by its nature encourages diversity in opinions.

Do you see me publishing news articles? Do you see me giving press conferences? The reason why not everybody writes news is because (1) lack of information or insight, and (2) bias. We can only imagine the kinds of opinions and quality of articles that will infest the internet if everybody started posting them.

A variety of publishers does not clearly reflect a "variety" of opinions. How many articles could you find that attacks the US government when it comes to terrorism? How many Western articles can you find that supports China's anti-terrorism efforts in Xinjiang? If the public thinks something, no matter how "free" the press gets, bias remains.

"Free" press is an illusion; it's a relative term. Every single article has some bias one way or the other. The US media may be more independent than China's media, but are they "free" from misconceptions that are so commonly shared by the public? Every situation in different countries have their own solutions. China is fit for regulated media.

The fact that you can only bring up the very few instances of where journalists are arrested for reasons other than what their profession entails mean you do not have a very good case of journalistic oppression in the US. You might try to search for where ordinary citizens call Bush vile names and see what happened to them.

Could it not be that reporters are getting arrested and detained for doing their job because America is worse than Congo when it comes to freedom?

Idiots trying to make names for themselves are clearly asking for it. They earnt and they deserved it.

Could it not be that reporters are getting arrested and detained for doing their job because America is worse than Congo when it comes to freedom?

Idiots trying to make names for themselves are clearly asking for it. They earnt and they deserved it.

Got a Deja Vu feeling about this, didn't we have a recently have a debate about Freedom of Press in China with Gambit? I think the thread got deleted though :(

Got a Deja Vu feeling about this, didn't we have a recently have a debate about Freedom of Press in China with Gambit? I think the thread got deleted though :(

I think we did, I have vague memory of it however :eek:

Hey, guys. Message from our human resource department. Due to budget cut, you guys are all fired. To get your last pay check, go to a nearest bank, talk to any clerk, tell him/her our secret password: I want money I have a gun. Then you will get your payment: free meals for many years(Duration may vary, depending on how serious you look). You are welcome.

Hell and I've been doing this for free!!:angry:

I want my lawyer!

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

Hey, guys. Message from our human resource department. Due to budget cut, you guys are all fired. To get your last pay check, go to a nearest bank, talk to any clerk, tell him/her our secret password: I want money I have a gun. Then you will get your payment: free meals for many years. You are welcome.

FAIL :p:P:p:P

Ho god these people :hitwall:

our media is one of the most independent in the world, yes there may be some 2 - 5% who are pro party but never they let down India and misguide us as it happens in china.

Records speaks for it self please educate yourself please don't compare our Media with china or even yours much worst.

our media is one of the most independent in the world is the joke of century..........I am wonder they never raised the issue what human rights voilations are happinning in Kashmir........2000 or more Muslims are being killed in Gujrat Indian State, Muslims' historic baberi mosque destoryed by Exterim Hindus........and lot of troubles going on in India to minority rights..........buty they never wrote anything...........about extermist hindus............Where Ball Thakrey Openly gave threats to international players.....and media don't reply to him. :taz:
Is this u called Free and Independant Media ?????????????????????????

our media is one of the most independent in the world is the joke of century..........I am wonder they never raised the issue what human rights voilations are happinning in Kashmir........2000 or more Muslims are being killed in Gujrat Indian State, Muslims' historic baberi mosque destoryed by Exterim Hindus........and lot of troubles going on in India to minority rights..........buty they never wrote anything...........about extermist hindus............Where Ball Thakrey Openly gave threats to international players.....and media don't reply to him. :taz:
Is this u called Free and Independant Media ?????????????????????????

Can you say same thing for China ?????

But may be government controlled is better ???

Press Freedom Index 2010
Reporters Without Borders

your media brainwashed your gulible brian so you believe only chinese news are 'controlled' :)

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Can you say same thing for China ?????

too much been said to China

your media brainwashed your gulible brian so you believe only chinese news are 'controlled' :)

Thats why people talking about democracy in China are in jail since decades

and only if you could comprehend Chinese so you can visit any chinese forums or visit China and how we trash our leaders (Mao's Zhou's, Jiang's, Hu's and you name it) in public and see what happened to them

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

again thats why you are gulible, coz you have been told to believe in that,and the word 'democracy' in chinese '民主' are flying all over the places in Chinese forums, yet according to the 'free' western media that world was 'banned' in China``weird !

``
:eek:---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

and tell me which media isnt controlled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom