What's new

China on India's entry in NSG

...however in international forum you can't say that...you need to find an alibi and consortium of nations is a perfect one...In fact that is the reason your representation in Seol is facing the music because apparently he claimed that around 15 nations will rally around China...now can we call it a peace? wasting too much time on some simple known facts!!

Uh, why not? Like I said, China alone will decide how to use our own veto power, who cares about what foreigners think?

Can you tell me how our national interests will be served by letting a rival country like India join the NSG or the UNSC?

You're just trying to scam us. You paid out of your nose for American NSG support (allowing US troops to use Indian military bases) yet you think we are such good friends with India that you'll get the same for free?

Uh, why not? Like I said, China alone will decide how to use our own veto power, who cares about what foreigners think?

Can you tell me how our national interests will be served by letting a rival country like India join the NSG or the UNSC?

You're just trying to scam us. You paid out of your nose for American NSG support (allowing US troops to use Indian military bases) yet you think we are such good friends with India that you'll get the same for free?

Wow I didn't know India sold out their country like that.

Shameful.

Indian should just let go. NSG is over. mods should close the thread. Indians keep whining, my ears are hurting.

!

I agree.

This topic has been discussed already. Mods should move all threads related to this to a single thread.

@Hu Songshan

Wow I didn't know India sold out their country like that.

Shameful.

Yes, here is the link if you are interested:

India, US agree on logistics agreement, to be signed in a month - The Hindu

Militaries of US, India to share their facilities

Modi-Carter_2811944g.jpg

In a significant decision that could have far-reaching implications for India’s military posture, India and the U.S. have agreed “in principle” on a logistics support agreement — the first proposed in 2004 and resisted by the UPA government for a decade — that would make it easier for both militaries to share each other’s facilities.

The Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) was the highlight of U.S. Defence Secretary Ash Carter’s three-day visit to India, which began in Goa on Sunday.

It ended on Monday evening with a meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Besides LEMOA, Mr. Carter and his Indian counterpart Manohar Parrikar announced initiatives to strengthen the growing strategic partnership.

“Secretary Carter and I agreed in principle to conclude a Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) in the coming months,” Mr. Parrikar said. “The draft of LEMOA will be ready in a month, if not weeks.”

great...so atleast now you are communicating.....

Look...this is not a world of 60's...world has moved...India, China have moved however it seems you are still stuck in 60's....There are lot of things we don't do because we don't wanna antagonize China...why?? bcoz we are weak, feeble? No...bcoz it will also hurt our interests...at the end of day we are neighbors...same is true for China....Now let me repeat once more...Unless and Until you see a decent size of countries rallying around you for opposing India at NSG, UNSC you will only end up making an enemy out of India by highhandedly opposing India all the time...This will hurt your interest too...because a decade or 15 years later we will also arrive in the world forum just like China did...and making an enemy out of your neighbor when you have plenty already is not common sense either....

So what does China need to do?? build consensus on blocking India's NSG next attempt...and what should India do - deny that....because every time China can't be the sole opposing party...rest lets wait for the next circus :)

I think China will not oppose India all the time.

But it will oppose India (and any other country, for that matter) at the UNSC. That's a no-go. On this, all 5 countries are in agreement. Because if all P5 invited their best friend in, the UNSC would be diluted, and globe would be less governable.

Last edited:
I think China will not oppose India all the time.

But it will oppose India (and any other country, for that matter) at the UNSC. That's a no-go. On this, all 5 countries are in agreement. Because if all P5 invited their best friend in, the UNSC would be diluted, and globe would be less governable.
i hope China continue to block India from entering anything in the world if it doesn't benefit China

i hope China continue to block India from entering anything in the world if it doesn't benefit China

It will definitely be so. Countries are often very conservative for institutional changes if they think the change would not benefit them.

China is pretty much so. Besides, India will always be a chip, rather than an independent agency, between China and the US. So long as China and US interests do not align (which would require hell to freeze before it happens), India will not be allowed in places China has veto power.

This is not how international politics work especially in today's global world. This I don't care attitude sounds good on forums like these only. Every country wants to make more friendly relations than outright hostility.....bcoz if you show outright hostility and bring this "I DONT GIVE TWO HOOTS" attitude than world will turn against you...keep in mind China's economic might has emerged only because she perused a policy of engagement vs hostility...You need a Canada to become America not the other way around....It is foolish to have a full blown hostile neighbour as big as India especially when you are putting claims on whole of SCS and having troubles with almost everyone in that vicinity...Also India China are not as hostile as you are making them out to be. Right now both countries focus is to eradicate poverty and create prosperity for their billion plus people...There is nothing China gaining by stopping us from the NSG group however there is a lot to loose...so once again...China will not oppose us in isolation and that's why wanted to build a consensus to block India's NSG...had that been no the case then there was no reason to work on building any consensus...given they had a veto, no??

The same way your national interests were served when you didn't object the waiver for civilian nuclear deals...this principles bogey is just pathetic attempt to give a different spin...It has been done the behest of Pakistan and that's about it...

This is such a childish comment that i am not sure how to reply :disagree:

This is not how international politics work especially in today's global world. This I don't care attitude sounds good on forums like these only. Every country wants to make more friendly relations than outright hostility.....bcoz if you show outright hostility and bring this "I DONT GIVE TWO HOOTS" attitude than world will turn against you...keep in mind China's economic might has emerged only because she perused a policy of engagement vs hostility...You need a Canada to become America not the other way around....It is foolish to have a full blown hostile neighbour as big as India especially when you are putting claims on whole of SCS and having troubles with almost everyone in that vicinity...Also India China are not as hostile as you are making them out to be. Right now both countries focus is to eradicate poverty and create prosperity for their billion plus people...There is nothing China gaining by stopping us from the NSG group however there is a lot to loose...so once again...China will not oppose us in isolation and that's why wanted to build a consensus to block India's NSG...had that been no the case then there was no reason to work on building any consensus...given they had a veto, no??

Except we actually don't care what foreigners think, as proven by our island building in the SCS. We are not India who only cares what foreigners think. :lol:

If China shouldn't make an enemy out of India because India is the 10th largest economy in the world, why should India make an enemy out of China which is the 2nd largest economy in the world? :azn:

Remember it was India who started the Forward Policy against China when we were in the middle of the worst famine in our history. Who forced you to do that?

Who forced you to oppose China in basically every part of the world, even in the SCS? You chose this path, now you want us to give you an NSG and UNSC seat, are you serious?

Except we actually don't care what foreigners think, as proven by our island building in the SCS. We are not India who only cares what foreigners think. :lol:

If China shouldn't make an enemy out of India because India is the 10th largest economy in the world, why should India make an enemy out of China which is the 2nd largest economy in the world? :azn:

Remember it was India who started the Forward Policy against China when we were in the middle of the worst famine in our history. Who forced you to do that?

Who forced you to oppose China in basically every part of the world, even in the SCS? You chose this path, now you want us to give you an NSG and UNSC seat, are you serious?

They should be graceful that we still give them water, go against China is not India's interest

I am not sure about china but sure chinese-dragon don't listen...why you are not able to get a simple one liner is beyond me...SCS is your core interest...so you will not allow any meddling with it come whatmay...India's NSG is not your core interest...so no reason to directly oppose...The second part of the above quote just shows your immaturity so nothing to do with it...

Of-course and that's the reason both sides try to keep relations amicable...however if you are going to hurt our national interests then what do you expect from us?? I repeat NSG hurts out national interests...not yours...

Well I have another version of history as well however do you think it even makes sense for us to discuss a 5+ decades old past??

What?? Oppose China in every part of world?? On contrary China and India have supported each other on various international forums..may be you wanna educate yourself on that...

Look what you are missing is that there is a simple tit for tat approach in diplomacy...when you accuse us of meddling in SCS(which we have not even started) you also need to account for things like giving stapled visas to people from J&K...arming to teeth our arch rivals Pakistan...presence in P-O-K and notorious activities there...not even talking about string of pearls.....world works on a simple formulae - you scratch my back and i will yours...You have the economic might to hurt us however we are also not pushovers...we are on the path to become a power house and lot of backing from almost rest of the world...we will also return back the favor in one way or another....

Now why did i bring all of the above....if we need to keep a balance on either side not getting fully hostile then we need to differentiate b/w core interests and just needling unnecessary.

I think i have said all i wanted to...so please consider this as my last reply on this topic...:cheers:

They should be graceful that we still give them water, go against China is not India's interest
Who knows maybe that will be the next step is to stop giving them water. It's funny that India and Viets do not know how to read topographical maps. IF they did, they would stop antagonizing China.

:enjoy:

lol what water? pakistani is dependent on indus and bangladesh is dependent on brahmputra.
Major river system in India is in modern Indian boundaries only, also I would love if china stops water for brahmputra <bangladesh will start crying so do all the world> we can do the same with indus for your junior paksitan more fun to us.

Then India can recognize Tibet as a disputed territory :D

No if we decide to stop Brahmaputra river, Indians will be the first to cry, and Bangladesh will blame India for the water shortage:D and How about Ganges? 400 millions Indians are depending on this sacred river, if we decide to stop the tributary rivers with Nepal cooperation, you Indians will be doomed, this shall be Nepal swift revenge against India for blocking the fuel, they can use water as bargain (see picture):rofl:

Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna_basins.jpg

Back
Top Bottom