What's new

China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years

This is utterly shameful. A national and civilisation disgrace.

This is why you got to respect Indians for certain things. Indians are loyal to their religion and don't change their names to Christian names to appease the white man.

You never see Indian women eager to marry white men. Same can't be said about Chinese women.

Buddhism Taoism and Confucianism will still be the overwhelminginly majoritiy beliefs in China !
dont get terrified by a pc of news
reserve the opinion to yourself
marriages are mutual; their white women then get ditched by their white men?
indian women and hindu religion dont get a breathing ground outside of south asia

Last edited:
Number is power.
If indeed the prediction is true, the Chinese will create a Chinese version of Christianity which is totally independent of Rome and Church of England and the Russia Orthodox, similar to what Chinese have created a Chinese version of Buddhism, that is suitable for the Chinese society. Then the Chinese Christians will have stronger voice when dealing with Rome and CoE.

Furthermore, the majority of the Chinese would still be atheist, or traditional folklore believers.

keep in mind the definition of a chinese christian is extremely loose.

my own grandmother, who passed away last year, is christian by her own admission. but she still burned paper money for the ancestors, and followed all sorts of buddhist/traditional traditions. heck at the same time as accepting God(with the capital G) she still went to the temples to burn incense and pray the the chinese gods. Many other chinese christians i know are similar with varying degrees of "traditionalism"

keep in mind the definition of a chinese christian is extremely loose.

my own grandmother, who passed away last year, is christian by her own admission. but she still burned paper money for the ancestors, and followed all sorts of buddhist/traditional traditions. heck at the same time as accepting God(with the capital G) she still went to the temples to burn incense and pray the the chinese gods. Many other chinese christians i know are similar with varying degrees of "traditionalism"

You answer your own "questions."
That's exactly what I meant by Chinese Christians - Sinicized Christians.

This is utterly shameful. A national and civilisation disgrace.

This is why you got to respect Indians for certain things. Indians are loyal to their religion and don't change their names to Christian names to appease the white man.

You never see Indian women eager to marry white men. Same can't be said about Chinese women.

Dear, Christianity is not originally from Europe. It's from the ancient Middle East. It first appeared in what is now today Israel and Palestine. It first followers were Jews and Arabs. Christianity is an Abrahamic religion like Judaism and Islam. Jews nor Arabs are European but Middle Eastern people. Semitic to be precise. They might be Caucasian but they are not white as in the "European White" sense of the word.

Europeans themselves are following a non-native religion.

In any case a religion is just a ideology/philosophy like any other. It makes no difference if you are a Christian or a atheist or a communist or a liberalist. All of those 4 are ideologies/philosophies that you follow as an individual and which to bigger or smaller degrees influence your daily life.

You can also be all of those things by name only. There are different degrees of how much you follow a particular ideology her in life.

So I am not sure if this news is such a bad thing. Christianity in China already differs from Christianity in Nigeria for instance. Ideologies/philosophies are adoptable more often than not and differ in various environments. It's not just black and white.

Last edited:
Chinese culture was wiped out during the cultural revolution. The Chinese are just desperate to fill a void. Their preoccupation with westerners means that Christianity is more attractive than other alternatives.

Hello my Inuit Brother ! :wave:

You never replied to my question about whether you're retired or not ! :(

I wanted to, but the thread was closed.

Sorry bro.

I am retired. I have been retiring for 14 years now. The first year was difficult, because of my daily routines were totally out of whack and the thought of the money I could I have made if I were still working.

Now I can't imagine having to answer to anyone.

I liked going to school. It was such a different environment than a working one. I guess it was because everybody were there for a common goal - to learn.
Of all the subjects I like Quantum Mechanics the most. Not that I understand the subject well, it is the subject itself that defies the traditional thinking - The Uncertainly Principle. To some extend, it has been my guiding light.

Chinese culture was wiped out during the cultural revolution. The Chinese are just desperate to fill a void. Their preoccupation with westerners means that Christianity is more attractive than other alternatives.

LOL, I smell indian curry. Not only you write English like an indian, no Brazilian use the word, "westerner" to describe white europeans. You must be ashamed of your country of birth and race. :omghaha:

Last edited:
I wanted to, but the thread was closed.

Sorry bro.

I am retired. I have been retiring for 14 years now. The first year was difficult, because of my daily routines were totally out of whack and the thought of the money I could I have made if I were still working.

Then Bro that would mean that you are my elder and so if I said something, inadvertently, that was improper or cracked a crude joke - I apologize !

Now I can't imagine having to answer to anyone.

I liked going to school. It was such a different environment than a working one. I guess it was because everybody were there for a common goal - to learn.
Of all the subjects I like Quantum Mechanics the most. Not that I understand the subject well, it is the subject itself that defies the traditional thinking - The Uncertainly Principle. To some extend, it has been my guiding light.

Quantum Mechanics - I can't even remember what that was ! :ashamed:

Thats how bad I'm at the Sciences ! :D

So Brother, how is life treating you ? :)

New 'atheist map' of the world dominated by China where half the country¿s population describes themselves as non-believers | Mail Online

A surprising map of where the world’s atheists live

atheism-map-1024x506.jpg

that is one of the most absurd statement on pdf!
the tea you are drinking, the porcelains you are using, the sculptures big or small you are seeing, the ancient thoughts teachings and writings of our sages like Confucius, Mencius, Li Bai, Du Fu, Su Si, Zhuangzi, Laozi, Sunzi etc are very much alive today in China!

Then Bro that would mean that you are my elder and so if I said something, inadvertently, that was improper or cracked a crude joke - I apologize !

Quantum Mechanics - I can't even remember what that was ! :ashamed:

Thats how bad I'm at the Sciences ! :D

So Brother, how is life treating you ? :)

My main responsibilities are two - taking care of me and my cat.
I live the moment. That's all I can say.

Everybody has their own aptitude. I am certain you are good in things that others envy.

China needs to crack down on proselytization and make sure all children in the country get a strong, scientific, rational education.

Back
Top Bottom