What's new

China & New Zealand agree to strengthen military ties

Surprised NZ went this low, for one of the most peaceful nations in the World.

Maybe they did it, to protect themselves in the future from China?

2 of the most peaceful nations in the world have reaffirmed their military ties, just as India has bought weapons from the most violent nation in the world.

Someone care to elaborate on the strategic importance of New Zealand? Not doubting, just curious

Just a way of saying hello. PLAN space tracking ship have made port call in Auckland before.

Someone care to elaborate on the strategic importance of New Zealand? Not doubting, just curious

There doesn't have to be strategic important for 2 countries to be friendly to each other. This is the point i make on these forums when other members don't take things for face value and think everything is done for war purposes.

Good Job China..good job ..we support all your activities and to build up other nations....:china::)

New Zealand has warmer relationship with USA than Australia has these days. However both are USA's good allies/partners/friends, you pick. Any security, threat perception/calculus of both is highly USA dependent i.e. would be seeking USA to intervene/help.

Having said that one shouldn't underestimate how both value China as a trade partner cause both of their economies are more stable than rest of the world because of China. As far as NZ's military ties with China are concern then Vasanti has said it all in his/her first post..lol.

New Zealand has warmer relationship with USA than Australia has these days. However both are USA's good allies/partners/friends, you pick. Any security, threat perception/calculus of both is highly USA dependent i.e. would be seeking USA to intervene/help.

Having said that one shouldn't underestimate how both value China as a trade partner cause both of their economies are more stable than rest of the world because of China. As far as NZ's military ties with China are concern then Vasanti has said it all in his/her first post..lol.

i dont know about new zealand having a closer relationship with the US than Australia although thing seemed to have gotten better since New Zealand banned Nuclear materials.

but New zealands should be able to get a long find with everyone they not a significant military player(like for instance Australia is) anyhow

New Zealand has a pretty balanced foreign policy to me. They pretty much mind their own business.

I recall reading a wiki cable back sometime , mentioning New Zeland's wish to bring China into the region to counter Australian and American influence.

I recall reading a wiki cable back sometime , mentioning New Zeland's wish to bring China into the region to counter Australian and American influence.

i dont see why not, they might not want to invite the military but certainly economic influence will be good to as to play the bigger players off of eachother

depending on source Wiki cables may just be the personal opinions and thoughts of individual diplomats.

depending on source Wiki cables may just be the personal opinions and thoughts of individual diplomats.

People seem to forget this, as if diplomatic cables are the gospel truth because they are somewhat secret.

Back
Top Bottom