What's new

China needs 'three aircraft carriers': General

We will eventually see how many carriers PLAN needs.

Since we already built two carrier-manufacturing bases, one in Shanghai and one in Dalian.

Thus, we can normally build the carrier at the rate of twice faster than US once we completely master the technology. :coffee:

We will eventually see how many carriers PLAN needs.

Since we already built two carrier-manufacturing bases, one in Shanghai and one in Dalian.

Thus, we can normally build the carrier at the rate of twice faster than US once we completely master the technology. :coffee:

we have several

we have several

Normally, US has only the Northrop Grumman shipyard building the carriers, and i am not talking about the war time.

Normally, China will have two shipyards building the carriers, but in the war time, we can also have more than that.

China should look towards a fleet of carriers permanently stationed in Arabian gulf, gulf of Oman and Indian ocean

Don't get carried away too much. US has 11 in service, you are going to have one in the near future.

No point to waste money , 1-2 carriers are enough , missiles and stealth do rest

May be after US goes bankrupt China can buy 2-3 aircraft carriers from USA

I believe the three carriers are the conventional ones.

Two nuclear powered ones will come after.

I believe the three carriers are the conventional ones.

Two nuclear powered ones will come after.

The indigenous carriers number one and number two will be the conventional ones.

And the indigenous carriers number three and number four will be the nuclear ones.

I would say 3 is reasonable before 2030, since you need time to develop training, tactics and doctrine. Of course, as China's interests grows, so will its need for navy. I would not surprised if we end up with 6 or 7 in 2050.

I would say 3 is reasonable before 2030, since you need time to develop training, tactics and doctrine. Of course, as China's interests grows, so will its need for navy. I would not surprised if we end up with 6 or 7 in 2050.

Buddy, BKC won't work in these days.

I would say PLAN can have 5 carrier battlegroups by 2020, with 3 conventional ones including Varyag and 2 nuclear ones.

It is funny how people think, especially naive, based on the Carrier issue... It is not about how many Carriers you can build, but the cost factor of keeping them alive....... That planning happens before it is built......

Thanks....

It is funny how people think, especially naive, based on the Carrier issue... It is not about how many Carriers you can build, but the cost factor of keeping them alive....... That planning happens before it is built......

Thanks....

when a poor thug state called india can afford to maintain multiple of them, what is the problem here?

Back
Top Bottom