What's new

China mum on fears of Nuclear terrorism in Pakistan

Nelson

Reaction score
BEIJING: China is unlikely to defend Pakistan if questions are raised at the forthcoming Nuclear Security Summit about Islamabad's ability to safeguard its nuclear installations from theft or attack by terrorists.

The summit, to be held in Seoul, South Korea, on March 26-27 , will be attended by leaders of 53 countries including Indian PM Manmohan Singh and Chinese president Hu Jintao.

Chinese foreign ministry said Beijing was confident about the safety standards at the China-built Chashma nuclear power plant in Pakistan, but skirted questions on how it would respond to fears about theft of nuclear material by terrorists.

Chinese foreign minister Ma Zhaoxu said there was serious threat of terrorists acquiring and misusing nuclear material. Although there has been no nuclear incident involving a terrorist organization, it's necessary to create safeguards against such a possibility, said Ma. He refused to discuss the terrorist situation in Pakistan in the context of nuclear security, the theme of the Seoul summit.

Read full article here:
China mum on fears of Nuclear Terrorism in Pakistan

China is unlikely to defend Pakistan if questions are raised at the forthcoming
Nuclear Security Summit about Islamabad's ability to safeguard its nuclear installations from theft or attack by terrorists.
OMG!
China won't defend Pakistan about later's ability to secure the nuclear installations?

Just 2 possible answer to this.
1. Even China is not sure whether Pak's nuclear installations are safe.

2. Chinese were jocking when they said "higher than this" and "deeper than that!!"

Worrying about Pakistan's nuclear sites is about as relevant as worrying about a Maoist takeover of Indian nuclear sites. At least Pakistan hasn't had nuclear scientists disappear without a trace, as in India.

2012 Seoul Nuclear Security Summit_

There is NOTHING specific to Pakistan in the summit agenda, as the TOI article alleges. Perhaps the Indians were given the wrong address and MMS will show up at the wrong meeting, all by his lonesome self!

Worrying about Pakistan's nuclear sites is about as relevant as worrying about a Maoist takeover of Indian nuclear sites. At least Pakistan hasn't had nuclear scientists disappear without a trace, as in India.

There is NOTHING specific to Pakistan in the summit agenda, as the TOI article alleges. Perhaps the Indians were given the wrong address and MMS will show up at the wrong meeting, all by his lonesome self!

these are the topics at hand.

Cooperative measures to combat the threat of nuclear terrorism
Protection of nuclear materials and related facilities
Prevention of illicit trafficking of nuclear materials

given Pakistan's proliferation record and undoubtedly the problem of terrorism emitting from it ( stateless actors as you call it , but you can't deny they reside and create attacks planned from within the country), plus countries that have voiced concern about Pak's nuclear site safety--- I would say the likelihood of Pakistan specific topics at this meeting is 100% here.

I'm not sure why you get so defensive about " safety". Lack of safety is not indicative of some plans by the Pak govt. to give nuclear materials to the Taliban. You should be as a Pakistani living is Australia, proud about how Australia ranks no1 in the world on nuclear safety. not because they have terrorists after it- but because it's just logical to be well safeguarded. Very selfish of you to sit in the no1 safeguarded nuclear site country in the world and advice Pakistanis at home to not demand or enjoy such high levels of safety.

I've always said it here and will continue to say it- why do Pakistanis sitting in Judeo Christian countries , developed and rich countries. always advice hardships for Pakistanis in Pakistan. always from their comfortable perch in western countries- tell Pakistanis that they should shoot drones, drop request for aid, deny asking for loans, attack American soldiers in Afghanistan, have no trade with India, make anti jews meme their top priority... You want them to fight the fight and often against the better judgment or benefit -while you guys enjoy all the freedoms, and great standard of living in western " culture"countries.

lol.. TOI alleges that NUCLEAR SECURITY is the theme of the Seoul summit..

and about Nuclear scientist disappearing, well I will take your missing nuclear scientist and raise you a nuclear black market being run by the head of Pakistani nuclear program ;)

lets admit it come on you not so Incredible Indians admit it you cant sleep cos Pakistan has nukes. You cant do anything about it and you keep coming on threads like this having wet dreams that white man will do job for you

lets admit it come on you not so Incredible Indians admit it you cant sleep cos Pakistan has nukes. You cant do anything about it and you keep coming on threads like this having wet dreams that white man will do job for you

Relax Bro.. This is a forum.. Dont let it get to you.. Take a deep breath.. Play a round of Counter strike and come back :)

hypothetically if the west wanted to denuclearize pakistan. Is it possible?

I ignored most of your post as I, and most other people, usually do. The only part that caught my eye was this:

Judeo Christian countries

I really don't understand your off-topic obsession with religion. It's almost as bad as your obsession with China, and neither of them is healthy.

lol.. TOI alleges that NUCLEAR SECURITY is the theme of the Seoul summit..

Yes, but their deliberate wording suggests that the topic is "Pakistan's nuclear safety".

and about Nuclear scientist disappearing, well I will take your missing nuclear scientist and raise you a nuclear black market being run by the head of Pakistani nuclear program ;)

Even accepting the claims, AQ Khan was dealing with official governments, not terrorist groups. The Indian scientist just up and disappeared -- he could be working for anybody!

hypothetically if the west wanted to denuclearize pakistan. Is it possible?

Well- Not easy- Pakistan has its nuclear weapons in stages spread out mostly. The kind of concern about nuclear weapon safety is not bout terrorists getting hands on the " ready made missiles or weapon:. rather nuclear fissile matter, unspent rods are the most dangerous. They can be picked up by a human and have no dangerous radioactive elements to it , vs. spent rod that is fatal. But they you can enrich the unspent rods and voila - dirty bomb.

I ignored most of your post as I, and most other people, usually do. The only part that caught my eye was this:

I really don't understand your off-topic obsession with religion. It's almost as bad as your obsession with China, and neither of them is healthy.

OH I know you read every bit of what I post. :) Why Judea Christian bit? Point out the hypocrisy- because you guys preach to Pakistanis in Pakistan to continue hate of jews while living in Judea Christian countries as a " choice" by yourselves i.e. you could say I have an obsession with hypocrites and not religion ;)

Even accepting the claims, AQ Khan was dealing with official governments, not terrorist groups. The Indian scientist just up and disappeared -- he could be working for anybody!

I know you guys are hard wired to not accept what 100% of world agrees with, re: Pakistan's proliferation . But per your logic, if someone helped Hitler kill more people , since he was a head of state it would have been an okay transaction to conduct in secret . On the other hand let me know when the world shows its concern for Indian proliferation.

OH I know you read every bit of what I post. :) Why Judea Christian bit? Point out the hypocrisy- because you guys preach to Pakistanis in Pakistan to continue hate of jews while living in Judea Christian countries as a " choice" by yourselves.

Since you've switched to full-on off-topic blabbering mode, we can conclude that you have nothing of substance to contribute.

Not that you ever did.

Since you've switched to full-on off-topic blabbering mode, we can conclude that you have nothing of substance to contribute.

Not that you ever did.

You asked me a question. I answered your question as why I used the specific term and you come back is this above? that's substantive.

offtopic and same rant..come on topic ..and we do return the favours in "these" types of threads to our well wishers...well its just the trend here in PDF.

Back
Top Bottom