What's new

China may send navy for rescue operations to Japan

Taipei - Japan has declined Taiwan's offer to send rescue teams to Japan's earthquake-hit areas for now, but requested relief materials from Taipei, the Foreign Ministry said Sunday.
'Japan told us that due to the chaos in the disaster areas, it will notify us (regarding dispatching rescue teams) after assessing the damages,' a ministry statement said.
'However, Japan has given us a list of the materials it needs, and we hope civic groups and individuals can contact the Foreign Ministry if they want to supply these materials,' it added.
It said Japan requested 500 generators, 500 kerosene cookers, 1,000 sets of warm clothing, 500 sleeping pads or sleeping bags, 1,000 pairs of warm gloves and non-perishable food such as biscuits.
Since the magnitude-9 quake triggered a massive tsunami Friday, Taipei has donated 100 millionTaiwandollars (3.3 million US dollars) and offered to send rescue and medical teams to Japan.

If they denied the ROC the PRC has little to no chance. I'd say we sent some supplies first to help out with the situation.

Chinese Rescue Team that just returned from the New Zealand Earth Quake relief mission landed in Tokyo on Sunday March 13th, and will be transported by helicopter to the disaster area. This is a civilian team.

As for the PLA Navy, I think Japanese government may be reluctant to accept China's help due to political reason.

东京,2011年3月13日 中国国际救援队抵达日本  3月13日,中国国际救援队抵达日本东京羽田机场,中国驻日本大使程永华(右)与救援队领队尹志辉握手。 中国国际救援队将乘日本自卫队直升机赶往东北沿海重灾区,实施人道主义救援。 新华社发(中国驻日本大使馆提供)

That would be an ice-breaking point towards an improvement between China and Japan. Hopefully Japan will accept it. Anyhoo, the Chinese rescue and search team has arrived in Japan.

If japan asks us to help, we definitely should help. I doubt it will allow military help from China. The only exception should be US.

Back
Top Bottom