What's new

China may export J-10B fighters with Russian AL31FN-S3 engines to Pakistan

China-may-export-J-10B-fighters-with-Russian-engines-to-Pakistan-1024x682-853x682.jpg

China may export its J-10B fighter equipped with the Russian-built AL31FN-S3 engine to Pakistan and other potential buyers from Asia, Latin America and Africa in the near future, writes the Kanwa Defense Review, a Chinese-language military magazine based in Canada.

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group last year began the mass production of the J-10B fighters. A total of 14 of the jets have already been painted with PLA Air Force markings and turned over to the military while at least 10 aircraft are undergoing test flights. Kanwa said the PLA Air Force will eventually commission 24 J-10Bs to form a fighter regiment before the end of the year.

Designed as the upgraded version of the J-10 fighter, the J-10B is the first domestically designed aircraft fitted with a diverterless supersonic inlet to shield the engine compressor blades from radar waves. The article also noticed that new electronic warfare systems can also been in front of the canards and atop the vertical stabilizer. With infra-red search and track sensors, the aircraft can also carry out reconnaissance operations.

Russia has agreed to sell advanced AL31FN engines to China to improve the J-10B’s power systems and the first batch of the engines is expected this year. This will increase the life of the aircraft from the J-10A’s 500 flight hours to the J-10B’s 750 hours. As China begins to introduce more Russian engines in the future, all J-10B aircraft will be fitted with the AL31FN.

Source : Want China Times

* That' s the engine, which is game changer. Same engine is used in all Russian and Chinese stealth fighters/bombers. Plus same same type used in SU30/35. Same engine is modified for TVC. If Russia approve this engine, then for sure this plane will be in Pak fleet. If PAF has no other issues.
The deal has cancelled buddy.......!!!!!!!

uestion is how many?? are we going for 36 or more??
Not Even A Single One The Deal Has Cancelled......!!!!!!!

Really ,lol...
I am waiting for two theories of yours to materialize in reality.............

One is This J10b ............. which I don't understand why WE need as per you
One is of Su35................. brought via China by Pakistan from Russia as per you.

waiting......................

One is of Su35................. brought via China by Pakistan from Russia as per you.

Reply you later, but SU35 in my opinion was just used a leverage pre Modi visit to Russia, where Russian exporter looking more deal in defence sector May be you know, India-Russia Pak FA deal is in trouble water. Its all due to lack of funds for project, and Indian refused to fund the project anymore.
As far as, J10b has been partly brainchild of PAF from the start of project. PAF engineers were fully involved in this project. Its one of best second line of defense after F16. Pak F16 been parked for many years due to sanctions in the past. So, Pak need to have something at par in the back up for offense and defence and its not Jf17, but J10b. In rules of engagement , small countries like Pakistan, hardly look for heavy weight bomber fighters . They always look for JSF or lighting speed fighters to chase enemy before reaching the red line. Pakistan and Isreal follow similar air defence and combat doctrine. PAF is defensive doctrine. Pak don't anything to go for offense, if comparing India.

J10b is a 4++ Generation aircraft....The deal has cancelled because senior officers have stated that Pakistan is now producing its own Thunder and there is not need of 4++ Generation aircraft for Pakistan airforce.....They will go for 5th GEN aircraft in future such as J31........!!!!!1

If Pakistan buys J10b/c, means the export market for JF17 shrinks. They may accumulate wealth for inducting J31.

Although I always hope J10b in PAF's color, we shall respect the ground reality.

Reply you later, but SU35 in my opinion was just used a leverage pre Modi visit to Russia, where Russian exporter looking more deal in defence sector May be you know, India-Russia Pak FA deal is in trouble water. Its all due to lack of funds for project, and Indian refused to fund the project anymore.
As far as, J10b has been partly brainchild of PAF from the start of project. PAF engineers were fully involved in this project. Its one of best second line of defense after F16. Pak F16 been parked for many years due to sanctions in the past. So, Pak need to have something at par in the back up for offense and defence and its not Jf17, but J10b. In rules of engagement , small countries like Pakistan, hardly look for heavy weight bomber fighters . They always look for JSF or lighting speed fighters to chase enemy before reaching the red line. Pakistan and Isreal follow similar air defence and combat doctrine. PAF is defensive doctrine. Pak don't anything to go for offense, if comparing India.

There is no doubt that J-10b or c would not come to PAF because they do not give any edge to PAF over the F-16's. The JF-17 can be further developed to what F-16 block 60 are in the near future, the only problem is limited funds.

SU-35 or SU-34 Both are being consider as seen from the various threads but the issue is can they be bought in large numbers so that the cost may be minimized. The only issue that can be seen over the years is that this might delay the procurement of 5th Gen aircraft in the future.

IMO
If IAF is able to get the cost reduced for the Rafale then PAF would definitely require a true air superiority fighter which the SU-35 may not become. PAF would be inclined towards the EFT as that might give PAF an edge even with a limited numbers as they would be good force multipliers along the F-16's.

The only possibility of inducting J10b is high tension between Indian and Pakistan, otherwise it's not gonna be possible.

PLAAF has huge demand in J10b/c, it's difficult to export it before our own demand being fulfilled.

When China is strong, India will not that stupid to attack Pakistan cause they know China's attitude. Jackals won't attack buffalo if Lion is there.

At war time, China will provide lots of weapon to PAF as long as they ask.

When Pakistan is with China, it means a shield that India doesn't wanna break through.

PAF in my opinion do not buy J10b Fighters we should save money for j31,f35 or for SUper Flanker .......Twin Engine Is basic need of PAf now a days.......!!!!

Didn't Mushy sign a deal to procure 36 J-10s?

Was the deal scrapped? Anyone know what happened?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom