What's new

China may be going down the old Soviet path to disintegration

You have to examine and study the concepts in its classical and conservative meaning, not based on your liberal interpretation, my friend.

As for Hideyoshi, he was not a king, but a mere daimyo Lord. The mistake of the Ming Emperor to lay such title on him was wrong, which is the reason why Ming Dynasty eventually lost the Mandate of Heaven to the Great Qing....

Time changes all my friend. Discourse from thousands of years will be interpreted in the present, which is where we are now.

Its the principle that matters, what lie at the very heart.

The concept of the mandate of heaven is not set in stone, as I have mentioned before. Literal and shallow interpretations leads to ignorance.

Time changes all my friend. Discourse from thousands of years will be interpreted in the present, which is where we are now.

Its the principle that matters, what lie at the very heart.

The concept of the mandate of heaven is not set in stone, as I have mentioned before. Literal and shallow interpretations leads to ignorance.

I guess this is what differentiates the Japanese character, and spirit from others. We place profound importance on the identity of the nation, and the observation of obeisance for the ancestors, and spirits of the ancestors.

His Imperial Majesty not only is a physical representation of the government, but is, literally, a link we have to our past and our institutions.

This is my humble view, my friend.

I guess this is what differentiates the Japanese character, and spirit from others. We place profound importance on the identity of the nation, and the observation of obeisance for the ancestors, and spirits of the ancestors.

His Imperial Majesty not only is a physical representation of the government, but is, literally, a link we have to our past and our institutions.

This is my humble view, my friend.

To each their own. Chinese and Japanese are actually very similar. But also worlds apart.
I wont continue this argument.

I must protest for i am not inclined to acquiesce to your conjecture. If I may, The Mandate of Heaven was a political-social philosophy that served as the basic Chinese explanation for the success and failure of monarchs and states down to the end of the empire in 1912 CE. Whenever a dynasty fell, the reason invariably offered by China's sages was that it had lost the moral right to rule which is given by Heaven alone. In this context heaven did not mean a personal god but a cosmic all-pervading power.The Mandate of Heaven was integrated with and reinforced by the teachings of Confucianism. This social and political philosophy was derived from the writings of Chinese scholar Kong Fuzi. The cyclic disposition of dynastic rise and fall was referred to as the processes in which the Mandate of Heaven passed from one fallen dynasty to the other. Since the Qing Dynasty was the last true Imperial Chinese Dynasty, then its last ruler, Pu Yi was the last Emperor to hold the Mandate of Heaven.

After his abdication, were the governments of Sun Yat Sen, Jiang Jieshi (Chiang Kai Shek) and of course the Bolshevik-inspired communist, Mao Zhedong, who was antithetic towards conservative culture and the old religio-philosphico context-- took the reigns of power.

This is why I must stress and rightly so, that the Mandate of Heaven dissipated when China transformed from an Autocratic Monarchy into republican, to communist forms of government.

敬具,
ケンジ

You are still taking this in a religious context, which I explained is not the case. The key concept here is the primary decider of whether an empire loses the right to rule. In theocracy or religion dominated civilization, the decider is god/kami or whatever divine forces. In this case, the divine entity is assumed to be fully conscious and it is the entity's decision to pursue a course of action. In non-religion dominated civilizations such as the Chinese civilization, the divine force is NOT a conscious entity and doesn't make the decision, it merely carries out the action and the true decider in this question is the accumulated deeds of the nation itself.

At the end Chinese have to face the music. The economic projections proves the inevitable. Tibetans, Uighur and Chinese that hate Beijing rule will profit the most.

No more emperor system.

It won't be possible.
This affirms my point that I made in prior pages of the absence of the Old Imperial concept of Mandate of Heaven. China, in its current form, does not have this Mandate.

Now, hypothetically speaking, if , say China was to install a Constitutional Monarchy, perhaps one can argue it has reclaimed the Mandate of Heaven , which in Japanese is referred to as Tenmei [天命]

Please, calm down and don't have an atsui zugaikotsu.

Arigadou gozaimasu..!

Your wet dream won't be realized even when you go to hell.

At the end Chinese have to face the music. The economic projections proves the inevitable. Tibetans, Uighur and Chinese that hate Beijing rule will profit the most.

Back
Top Bottom