What's new

China may be going down the old Soviet path to disintegration

This entire thread is ridiculous, just a bunch of wishful thinking clowns hoping that the collapse of China will bring their own countries out of the periphery that they exist in.

Insignificance requires louder voices I guess.

I have just learned that Japan rules all under Heaven and that the Turks took 3 million Chinese casualties in the Korean war.

Wow.

Present day Japan rules the adult video industry. Nothing can beat Japanese adult entertainment.

This entire thread is ridiculous, just a bunch of wishful thinking clowns hoping that the collapse of China will bring their own countries out of the periphery that they exist in.

Insignificance requires louder voices I guess.

I have just learned that Japan rules all under Heaven and that the Turks took 3 million Chinese casualties in the Korean war.

Wow.

You see the words but cannot see the meaning.

Such a narrow and shallow interpretation. Its hilarious that you mentioned that Japan still posses the mandate of Heaven because you have an emperor. Sigh

But we do. :)

He is the symbol of the state, His Imperial Majesty is the representation of Japan.

Our national anthem sings glory to His auspicious reign.

But he doesn't hold the Mandate of Heaven though. The Mandate of Heaven is a Chinese philosophical concept stressing that the right to rule is founded on a meritocratic ideal. A ruler's legitimacy is is assessed on competence. In contrast, the Japanese emperor's legitimacy is only based on bloodline - even an incompetent emperor cannot be overthrown.

If we look to European parallels, the Japanese imperial system is closer to the Divine Right of Kings. Whereas the Mandate of Heaven is closer to the Social Contract Theory.

But he doesn't hold the Mandate of Heaven though. The Mandate of Heaven is a Chinese philosophical concept stressing that the right to rule is founded on a meritocratic ideal. A ruler's legitimacy is is assessed on competence. In contrast, the Japanese emperor's legitimacy is only based on bloodline - even an incompetent emperor cannot be overthrown.

If we look to European parallels, the Japanese imperial system is closer to the Divine Right of Kings. Whereas the Mandate of Heaven is closer to the Social Contract Theory.

This is where your understanding of the Imperial Court in Japan is dimunitive, and I abscond it. I invite you to read more about it. Japanese Emperors were, unlike Chinese Emperors, considered divine. They trace their lineage to the sun goddess , Amaterasu. Emperor of Japan were considered too divine, too ethereal to deal and worry on matters of military and policy of the state. This is why Daimyos feuded for power and control of Japan , as noticed in the Sengoku Jidai. The victor, or the Shogun, would be given the Imperial blessing to rule. The Emperor held the Divine right , the Mandate of Heaven, and forayed this Mandate to the Shogun, who was, effectively, the Emperor's right hand.

He is the symbol of the state, His Imperial Majesty is the representation of Japan.

Our national anthem sings glory to His auspicious reign.

Symbolic gestures, nothing more.

Does he rule?
Can he be overthrown if inept? (Inept at waving his hands + smiling at camera?)

Symbolic gestures, nothing more.

Does he rule?
Can he be overthrown if inept? (Inept at waving his hands + smiling at camera?)

Now now, i can sense the tole of your post is rather negative, must it be so? My dear chugukojin friend.

His Imperial Majesty is the State. He is above the policy makers, as they effect laws, and ensure peace, tranquility, and operability for all citizens of Japan. His Imperial Majesty , like his father before Him, His Imperial Majesty Emperor Shōwa, and before him, His Imperial Majesty Taisho Emperor....

This is where your understanding of the Imperial Court in Japan is dimunitive, and I abscond it. I invite you to read more about it. Japanese Emperors were, unlike Chinese Emperors, considered divine. They trace their lineage to the sun goddess , Amaterasu. Emperor of Japan were considered too divine, too ethereal to deal and worry on matters of military and policy of the state. This is why Daimyos feuded for power and control of Japan , as noticed in the Sengoku Jidai. The victor, or the Shogun, would be given the Imperial blessing to rule. The Emperor held the Divine right , the Mandate of Heaven, and forayed this Mandate to the Shogun, who was, effectively, the Emperor's right hand.

Sounds like you have a terminology problem. The 'Mandate of Heaven' refers exclusively to the Chinese political concept.
The political theories that underpin the Japanese imperial system of 'divine rule' do not fall under its ambit. The term you're looking for (I believe it's 国体) has no direct English translation. Maybe you should just use the European term: 'Divine Right of Kings'.

BTW, stop using pompous language that is beyond your lexical control. "Abscond" doesn't mean to reject. In another thread, you used "verbiage" to indicate insulting language, when that is not the meaning either ...

You have a barbarians translation and understanding of the concept of the mandate of heaven. You talk about divine bloodlines, imperial successions and emperors but know nothing, albeit deliberately.

Kinda like bending and interpreting laws to fit an agenda.

Japan + emperor
China no emperor

Heaven does not care about the titles of men. You are top dog if you are at the top. You fcuk up, heaven will throw you down.

If you are some old dude who people sing about but you dont rule, you are insignificant.

You have a barbarians translation and understanding of the concept of the mandate of heaven. You talk about divine bloodlines, imperial successions and emperors but know nothing, albeit deliberately.

Kinda like bending and interpreting laws to fit an agenda.

Japan + emperor
China no emperor

Heaven does not care about the titles of men. You are top dog if you are at the top. You fcuk up, heaven will throw you down.

If you are some old dude who people sing about but you dont rule, you are insignificant.

Ah, now your tone has revealed your nature. Must you resort to unnecessary verbiage and insults, my dear Chugokojin friend?

I reiterate the same points i made in my last post; His Imperial Majesty is the State. Even the Diet (Parliament) is referred to His Imperial Majesty's Assembly: Tenno Heika Gikai

Now now, i can sense the tole of your post is rather negative, must it be so? My dear chugukojin friend.

His Imperial Majesty is the State. He is above the policy makers, as they effect laws, and ensure peace, tranquility, and operability for all citizens of Japan. His Imperial Majesty , like his father before Him, His Imperial Majesty Emperor Shōwa, and before him, His Imperial Majesty Taisho Emperor....

You dig your self deeper and deeper.

You talk figureheads, nothing more. No matter how you play up the importance of your emperor, he is still a showpiece.

Like I said before, heaven does not care about the titles men give each other. Bloodlines are worthless, even peasants can be emperor.

Ah, now your tone has revealed your nature. Must you resort to unnecessary verbiage and insults, my dear Chugokojin friend?

I reiterate the same points i made in my last post; His Imperial Majesty is the State. Even the Diet (Parliament) is referred to His Imperial Majesty's Assembly: Tenno Heika Gikai

Hey, at least I dont say one thing and hint at another.
Open and direct my Riben friend.

Titles and titles. I recall that the Ming emperor offered Hideyoshi the title 'King of Japan'. Because titles are worthless. All men are equal at birth. A peasant an emperor and an emperor a gardener.

Unless if you actually believe in your own words about divinity. In that case, you are more delusional than I thought.

Last edited:
You dig your self deeper and deeper.

You talk figureheads, nothing more. No matter how you play up the importance of your emperor, he is still a showpiece.

Like I said before, heaven does not care about the titles men give each other. Bloodlines are worthless, even peasants can be emperor.

This affirms my point that I made in prior pages of the absence of the Old Imperial concept of Mandate of Heaven. China, in its current form, does not have this Mandate.

Now, hypothetically speaking, if , say China was to install a Constitutional Monarchy, perhaps one can argue it has reclaimed the Mandate of Heaven , which in Japanese is referred to as Tenmei [天命]

Please, calm down and don't have an atsui zugaikotsu.

Arigadou gozaimasu..!

china- turkey rivalry is getting bigger than Indo-Pak :eek:

Hey, at least I dont say one thing and hint at another.
Open and direct my Riben friend.

Titles and titles. I recall that the Ming emperor offered Hideyoshi the title 'King of Japan'. Because titles are worthless. All men are equal at birth. A peasant an emperor and an emperor a gardener.

Unless if you actually believe in your own words about divinity. In that case, you are more delusional than I thought.

You have to examine and study the concepts in its classical and conservative meaning, not based on your liberal interpretation, my friend.

As for Hideyoshi, he was not a king, but a mere daimyo Lord. The mistake of the Ming Emperor to lay such title on him was wrong, which is the reason why Ming Dynasty eventually lost the Mandate of Heaven to the Great Qing....

Back
Top Bottom