What's new

China-made aircraft engine has started mass production of three generations of an ann

seems like the so called full ToT is just assembling kits as many have suspected..

this is from reputable russian source, no bs.....sorry to burst your bubble guys..
*ttp://www.cast.ru/files/all-stats_eng.pdf
*ttp://www.eastviewpress.com/documents/MDB%20final_small.pdf

factru.jpg

su30mki.jpg

cast123.jpg

Thanks for your useful informations to debunk their myth of manufacture everything for MKI themselves through the so-called TOT. :tup:

India no longer imports any foreign components for the production of Flankers, that's all I know. The technical details of production are rather hard to find, and they might not even be publicly disclosed, so I won't bother trying to find them.

Negative engines are are sent to Russia if any problems come up with them. India is not allowed to do work on them. Those Flankers are assembled in kits they are not produced in India as far as individual components and such go. This is also how Turkey produces F-16s in our capital the same thing is applied.

What is so wrong in it ? India is license producing MKI..

Licensed Manufacturing

According to the contract signed in Irkutsk on December 28, 2000, organization of Su-30MKI licensed manufacturing at HAL will be implemented by IRKUT, as the leading company, jointly with the Sukhoi Design Bureau, Saturn, Rosoboronexport, and some other Russian companies.

IRKUT will assist HAL in modernization of manufacturing facilities, which were previously employed for production of MiG-21 and MiG-27-type aircraft, supply HAL with the technological kits, necessary for production of Su-30MKI, and assist in mastering of Su-30MKI manufacturing technologies.

While mastering in licensed production, HAL will gain knowledge, expertise, and skills required for manufacturing of basic Su-30MKI components, including AL-31FP engines, aircraft aggregates, and avionics.

IRKUT Corporation :: Su-30MK Multirole Combat Aircraft :: Su-30MK Multirole Combat Aircraft

Negative engines are are sent to Russia if any problems come up with them. India is not allowed to do work on them. Those Flankers are assembled in kits they are not produced in India as far as individual components and such go. This is also how Turkey produces F-16s in our capital the same thing is applied.

You are correct in some way. But apart from some key components rest are produced in in-house in the case of Flanker.

You are correct in some way. But apart from some key components rest are produced in in-house in the case of Flanker.

components!!!!!!!!! :hang2:
produced!!!!!!!! :hang2:
in-house!!!!! :hang2:

I think you should be more careful with choice of words.
Anyhow, i already see big improvement and the word indi-genous is not used anymore. :tup:

components!!!!!!!!! :hang2:
produced!!!!!!!! :hang2:
in-house!!!!! :hang2:

I think you should be more careful with choice of words.
Anyhow, i already see big improvement and the word indi-genous is not used anymore. :tup:

Well they do "indigenously" assemble them so i guess you could still use it.

Why are people talking about MKI engines? This story is about Chinese WS10A engine. Great achievement it is indeed.

You meant to say 100% assembled by HAL.

No .... It's is manufactured in India ....

HAL hires many people from Russia in order to work in HAL .... for most of the critical tech will be handled by the Russians ....

It's a licensed manufacturing not copying .....

Hope you at least know the diff betwn manufacturing and assembly.

If India doesn't have the capability to design and build aircraft engines how did we design and build the Shakti and Kaveri... :undecided:

The link GodlessB was referring to this :

HAL: total indigenisation of Sukhoi fighter next year

Vladimir Radyuhin

Now it is testing locally produced engine for the plane

MOSCOW: The first fully indigenous Su-30MKI fighter plane will roll off Indian assembly lines in 2010, a top executive at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited said on Wednesday.

“Next year, HAL will achieve 100 per cent indigenisation of the Sukhoi aircraft — from the production of raw materials to the final plane assembly,” V. Balakrishnan, general manager, Aircraft Manufacturing Division, told The Hindu here.

The 140 kits (mentioned by qwerrty) refers to the deal made in 2004.

The 'indigenous' manufactured Su30MKI refers to a contract made in 2010 for 42 MKIs (imo) I don't know if we've achieved the capability, but the source is the HAL chairman himself

Back
Top Bottom