What's new

China local brands brace for onslaught from abroad

Would you please tell me the RedFlag and B series made by which JVs?

And "Tractor"? Three wheels?

Sorry, we don't count "Tractor" as 'Auto".

And if you turn to others such as truck and bus, it will be more unfair to you.

Still the word, don't talk a lot but do nothing. show us the "indigenous" cars made by India and prove the "engineering might" of India manufacters.

I brought in Tractor to show the confidence Mahindra has in itself on top of its entrepreneurial nature and not about the manufacturing or engineering skill. The confidence it has found in its success previously is what is helping it with the automobile division. It has started to taste success especially with its Scorpio brand which has gained significant foothold globally especially in Europe(where the safety/quality bar has been set high).

As for Redflag and B series, I will respond to you tomorrow as weekdays are energy drainers for me.

I brought in Tractor to show the confidence Mahindra has in itself on top of its entrepreneurial nature and not about the manufacturing or engineering skill. The confidence it has found in its success previously is what is helping it with the automobile division. It has started to taste success especially with its Scorpio brand which has gained significant foothold globally especially in Europe(where the safety/quality bar has been set high).

As for Redflag and B series, I will respond to you tomorrow as weekdays are energy drainers for me.

Since you put "Tractor Giant" into "auto" comparison. May I show you sany/zoonlion/xcmg? Each has more profit than Mahindra.

I know you would bring Buffet investment in BYD. The more recent news is that his investment is long been declining. I did not bring up your major players as these are JVs - like in India you have the Maruti which is a JV between Maruti Udyog and Suzuki.

The two cars I quoted are no JV indigenous ones.

I agree to list the pure indigenous ones and not JVs.

Again Roewe

The Roewe 950 represents the closeness of GM and SAIC’s cooperation, the new 950 rides on top of GM’s Epsillon II platform and is one of the few occasions that a foreign company has handed over its more recent technologies to its Chinese partner, usually the last generation of product is handed over to the Chinese side.

- Again this one is not indigenous.

Dude, you are talking about indigenous products and he is about licensed products of JVs from their indigenous companies.

He will never debate with you on indigenous products cuz he knows how many of them are out there [non it seems]. That's the reason he is bringing sales figures and profits into this. He is deliberately trying to confuse between products designed, tested and manufactured by a company with those who's designs are handed down by a foreign firm after testing is done and production is the only thing you do.

According to his logic : if iPhone is manufactured in China, it must be designed and tested in China as well. Which everyone knows is not the case.

Dude, you are talking about indigenous products and he is about licensed products of JVs from their indigenous companies.

He will never debate with you on products cuz he knows how many of them are out there [non it seems]. That's the reason he is bringing sales figures and profits into this. He is deliberately trying to confuse between products designed, tested and manufactured by a company with those who's designs are handed down by a foreign firm after testing is done and production is the only thing you do.

According to his logic : if iPhone is manufactured in China, it must be designed and tested in China as well. Which everyone knows is not the case.

It is so puzzling.

What I post is from JVs? The RedFlag and B series are made by which JVs?

You Indians always talk a lot but do nothing.

Only see you comment on others, but what about yourself?

I have said if you want a fair comparison. We should list the indigenous cars from top ten manufacturers of China and India,and have a look on them.

And I will not post pics from other manufacturers any more. If you want to compare, you do have to show yours.

Since you put "Tractor Giant" into "auto" comparison. May I show you sany/zoonlion/xcmg? Each has more profit than Mahindra.

Seriously you could not comprehend what I have written. I suggest reread my post. I did not quote anywhere that the engineering skills are brought in from truck manufacturing. It is the "confidence" that makes Mahindra take risks - Do you get it?

It is so puzzling.

What I post is from JVs? The RedFlag and B series are made by which JVs?

You Indians always talk a lot but do nothing.

Only see you comment on others, but what about yourself?

I have said if you want a fair comparison. We should list the indigenous cars from top ten manufacturers of China and India,and have a look on them.

And I will not post pics from other manufacturers any more. If you want to compare, you do have to show yours.

The Redflag again has chassis from Toyota Prado - it is again not indigenous - Seriously mate - I lost patience here that I did not make an effort to look up B series. I suggest you bring in the details singing its praise.

As for indigenous cars from India - look up my post #21 - there are 4 models I have highlighted in bold and add Mahindra Scorpio to it. - you have your top 5 indigenous models(I am getting the feeling you did not really go through the thread)

In short, these cars compete with the foreign models or JVs.

Look up for Nano winning design award in US. Look up Mahindra Scorpio too.

I suggest you do some research about these cars.

The Redflag again has chassis from Toyota Prado - it is again not indigenous - Seriously mate - I lost patience here that I did not make an effort to look up B series. I suggest you bring in the details singing its praise.

As for indigenous cars from India - look up my post #21 - there are 4 models I have highlighted in bold and add Mahindra Scorpio to it. - you have your top 5 indigenous models(I am getting the feeling you did not really go through the thread)

In short, these cars compete with the foreign models or JVs.

Look up for Nano winning design award in US. Look up Mahindra Scorpio too.

I suggest you do some research about these cars.

"Redflag again has chassis from Toyota Prado "

Is it a joke? A car use chassis from SUV ?

Sorry .... I can't stop.....

Ok, Redflag did had cooperation with Toyota, but that was 2005.... Wake up man.....It is 2012 now.
What I have show you the RedflagL7 is from L Platform of FAW which totally indigenous.
Please research more before writing.

And may be you should open you mind, It is globalization age today , you can't avoid used some components from different countries, if you want competitiveness.

Yes ...Look at your post #21 , and what we find.. Indica? Bolero? I only can say India auto market competition is really fierce.

India can produce these cheap and ugly cars.
but China different
China indigenous brands are in competition with all of the worldwide giants in the high-end vehicle combat, they have to, because small cars accounted for only a small part of China auto market.

Indian jealousy making them angry.

They cannot keep up in military technology, and they cannot keep up in civilian technology, and they cannot even keep up in services - the top 5 fastest growing software companies in Asia are all Chinese and so is the established top 3. they just can't keep up.

"Redflag again has chassis from Toyota Prado "

Is it a joke? A car use chassis from SUV ?

Sorry .... I can't stop.....

Ok, Redflag did had cooperation with Toyota, but that was 2005.... Wake up man.....It is 2012 now.
What I have show you the RedflagL7 is from L Platform of FAW which totally indigenous.
Please research more before writing.

And may be you should open you mind, It is globalization age today , you can't avoid used some components from different countries, if you want competitiveness.

Yes ...Look at your post #21 , and what we find.. Indica? Bolero? I only can say India auto market competition is really fierce.

India can produce these cheap and ugly cars.
but China different
China indigenous brands are in competition with all of the worldwide giants in the high-end vehicle combat, they have to, because small cars accounted for only a small part of China auto market.
Chinese domestic brands compete in the sub-100K yuan low-end market segment only. Foreigners have a monopoly on the high-end.

FYI, SAIC, FAW, and BAIC are incapable of platform self-engineering.

FAW's Hongqi Shows Two New Luxury Sedans: 2012 Beijing Auto Show

The Hongqi H7 is based on the Toyota Crown that is built in China by the FAW-Toyota joint venture, and is slated to go into production by the end of the year.

Measuring a whopping 240 inches long, the L7 is built on a Toyota Land Cruiser chassis and is powered by an FAW-developed 400-horsepower 6.0-liter V12.

Chinese domestic brands compete in the sub-100K yuan low-end market segment only. Foreigners have a monopoly on the high-end.

FYI, SAIC, FAW, and BAIC are incapable of platform self-engineering.

FAW's Hongqi Shows Two New Luxury Sedans: 2012 Beijing Auto Show

Hey my India friend, I have no words with you.

What I said is L7, Sedan? Sedan! You know?

Do you know what is "Toyota Land Cruiser "?

Ok, we Chinese copy a SUV to a sedan, Wow, how great work.... You are so lovely.

H Series, as I had said ,do had cooperation with Toyota, it is globalization age today , even you ugly Bolero and Indica also used some components from different countries.

At least we are in in competition with Audi A6L. What about yours?

Hey my India friend, I have no words with you.
Because you don't know anything.

What I said is L7, Sedan? Sedan! You know?
Lots of heavy sedans are built on truck chassis. Obama's limousine comes to mind.

If L7 comes in a bullet-proof version, then the traditional unibody shell can't handle the weight increase; thus it makes sense to build it on a truck chassis.

There few good examples of Chinese designed autos but most of local cars lacks innovation. These are either copied designs straight from other cars of blend of few cars... all of you must be aware of Geely controversies ...

kitajci-17-foto_4219952_17405240_18161007.jpg

kitajci-17-foto_4219952_17405240_18161008.jpg

RR
article-1172635-0499205E000005DC-371_224x423.jpg
vs Geely
lady.jpg

Also most of members are aware of Bajaj Pulsar clone of China..I do not need to post images here

Back
Top Bottom