What's new

China leaves India behind, heads towards first world

@Koovie mate do you agree with what the author say about Delhi Airport

No, I actually havent read the article, I was responding to people coming up with things like the dictatorship, propaganda etc etc etc in China.

PS: Now I see it..... utter BS. No carpets!? :hitwall: That idiot could have done a simple google search.

Last edited by a moderator:
but China still steals other techs, still restricts its people to have kids, still prevents poeple to vote for their system, still enforces its rules on its people no matter people agree with it or not, still restricts people the access to open media, still dogs are killed x......., still proliferates WMD, still eyes the land and sea of its neighbouring countries, not having a good relationhip with most of the countries in the world and lmostly with its neighbours........ and on top of that....it steals others Cameras....:rofl:

China is far ahead of all these OTHERS which means that all these OTHERS' with claims of original tech are infact lacking alot of things.

Fo
visit to China is always a humbling experience. Unlike Terminal 3 at — what else? — Indira Gandhi International Airport, there are no carpets concealing the floors of Beijing Capital Airport. Why planners of the Delhi facility wanted carpets is a mystery

For the 'carpet conspiracy' theorists...:omghaha:

Brintons wins Delhi airport carpet contract

Brintons has a history of supplying Axminster carpet to airports around the world. Its most recent work has been at Singapore’s Changi Airport.

The company’s reputation for developing original designs, quality and project management skills were central to Brintons being awarded the Delhi contract.

The Terminal 3 structure will be completed in time for the 2010 Commonwealth Games and will be the third biggest airport terminal building in the world.

Brintons will be required to manufacture and supply 175,000㎡ of woven Axminster – the area of 24 football pitches – for different floor spaces within the state-of-the-art terminal.

To meet the interior design brief, Brintons’ design teams in Singapore and India have developed carpet designs that illustrate Delhi’s rich historical past and its modern present.

To capture the mood and spirit of the theme, Brintons has fused the design elements from Delhi’s historical monuments with the modern skyline of the city to create a contrasting, yet harmonious image of the old and the New Delhi.

With patterns being an essential part of Indian design, Brintons has incorporated geometrics, swirls, floral and foliage, as well as the most famous Indian shape, the Paisley, into its carpet designs for Terminal 3.

Rich colours used in its designs have been picked from typical street scenes, monuments, foods, spices and festivals in all four regions of India.

Brintons’ global sales and marketing director, Jon Stone, said: “We’re thrilled that we have been chosen as the exclusive supplier to Delhi Terminal 3 and we’re very excited about getting down to work and delivering what I think will be one of the most visually stunning carpets that has ever been installed in an airport.

“The designs and colours are really vibrant and invigorating and I think Delhi will set a new benchmark for having a carpet that is both businesslike – something you expect to see in an airport – but also very culturally stimulating and energetic.”

Brintons is a family-owned business, founded in 1783.

The company’s headquarters is in Kidderminster but it operates other plant facilities in India and Portugal. It is soon to expand into a purpose-built manufacturing facility in China.

© Copyright 2001-2009 Newsquest Media Group
Kidderminster News, Kidderminster Sport, Kidderminster Leisure - From the Kidderminster Shuttle

China is far ahead of all these OTHERS which means that all these OTHERS' with claims of original tech are infact lacking alot of things.

please explain..

neither you have a camera nor you can steal it...wondering you botherd to quote when your country is not in any list...lol...hope Pakistan got the required money from IMF to run the country, ex army chief Mushy is still managing to run away to save his life, Gilani is safe, Nawaz is ensuring ISI and PA is under his control, India has started exporting the elecritity to Pakistan, today there was no drone attack on Pakistani civilians, ...omg...Pakistan veteran still finds it worth claiming a point for China than talking about its own issues! :rofl:

Götterdämmerung;4518161 said:
In a functioning democracy, projects can be delayed due to different interests, which is ok, because all functioning democracies are whining at a very high standard where food, health care, infrastructure and education etc. are already all in place. But by the end of the day, pretty much all projects are carried out, albeit at a higher cost due to compensation. I have never heard of any large scale projects being cancelled here in Germany due to (even massive) protests.

Poor countries just don't have the luxury to cancel whole infra projects due to some personal interests.

I agree with you mate but a strong will and a good control over the problem is needed from the govt. to be able to do what's right. Local citizen may protest against something which effects their sentimental emotions but is not worth to protest and if there protest is supported by the opposition in a democracy it can become difficult for the govt. to carry out what is needed.

This can be a common case in any democracy and if the condition is exploited by a person or a party(either political or non-political) the situation can showcase the worst standards faced by any democracy

one quite typical phenomena that persist from the indian community, on PDF forum as well, is quite a number of cheerleading indians are looking at a glass of water in different lights. When the indian glass is 15% full, they are already saying it has the volume of the indian ocean whilst looking at the Chinese which is 60% full they claim much of the 60% is dry ice.

Some cheerleading indians are either on delusional or self-denial mode again!

T3’s carpet is not so welcoming - The Hindu

LAT_PTI7_14_2010_00_162680f.jpg

Passengers of an Air India aircraft arriving from New York at Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport. The thick carpeting is perhaps the biggest drawback to what is otherwise a fairly pleasant experience using the T3.

Carpet, a drawback

In conversations with travellers, the carpet was identified by virtually everyone as the biggest drawback to what was otherwise a fairly pleasant experience using T3. Apart from the difficulty of wheeling luggage, some passengers also complained of being assaulted by a musty smell as soon as they got off the plane. Most said a stone or tile floor of the kind GMR has laid in the arrival and departure halls would have looked cleaner and been easier to negotiate; if at all carpeting was required, a thinner pile of the sort a few airports have would have been better, an Air India pilot said.

If the carpeting is ugly and impractical, there is much that is good about the new airport. The check-in area is large and well-signposted. The ATMs were not operational, which meant convincing a guard to let me go down to the arrivals area to access a functioning machine. The immigration and security check area is properly designed and staffed, allowing passengers quick passage through to the main departure hall. Among the shops already open, the duty free store has a decent selection of alcohol, perfume and tobacco, including competitively priced Havana cigars. The two WH Smith outlets have a reasonable range of fiction and non-fiction books (I bought Tim Weiner’s History of the CIA) but spotty air-conditioning meant the browsing experience was not entirely pleasant. There are shops catering to the standardised taste for shoes, clothing, fashion accessories and electronics that globalisation has induced but not much by way of Indian products and design that tourists may wish to buy on their way out

China has left us long back when it got a decisive, semi-authoritarian, reform-oriented, business-minded regime in power rather than the opposite of all that which rules our country.

The only issue between us and Chinese is the territorial problem. Barring that, we admire the pace at which Chinese have progressed and set standards for rest of Asia to come up.

China does great sure,their society is largely homogeneous and has an autocratic government that doesn't need consensus to push forward decisive measures.Ours is diverse and democratic and therefore quite slow.While we may be slower it doesn't mean we will not get there.With our diversity the chinese model doesn't work for us.China on the other had may come to regret some of the autocratic measures[ex;one child policy]

China has left us long back when it got a decisive, semi-authoritarian, reform-oriented, business-minded regime in power rather than the opposite of all that which rules our country.

The only issue between us and Chinese is the territorial problem. Barring that, we admire the pace at which Chinese have progressed and set standards for rest of Asia to come up.

I also admire Chinese women, Chinese food, Bruce Lee, and Great Wall of China.

China does great sure,their society is largely homogeneous and has an autocratic government that doesn't need consensus to push forward decisive measures.Ours is diverse and democratic and therefore quite slow.While we may be slower it doesn't mean we will not get there.With our diversity the chinese model doesn't work for us.China on the other had may come to regret some of the autocratic measures[ex;one child policy]

During industrialization, democracy is the last thing you need. Too many voices slowing and stopping progress. You need democracy once you have fully industrialized and you want to lock up your gains. Every major country has started off having very little democracy and once they have fully developed, they have given more choice to the people. India's pace of development will be painfully slow due to its political system. China will only increase the lead over India.
This is why India will never get ahead of China, the Indian system has too many voices and many voices mean tough decisions are slow or don't ever get done.

China don't have democracy but why do I need to vote when my country is getting stronger and my standard of living is improving. I could care less about voting. As long as I have food, water, shelter, education, job, wife and entertainment, I will not care one iota about who is running China. If I don't get those things, then I will care. Right now, the Chinese government has been giving everything I listed including national rejuvenation and pride of being Chinese as China is becoming important in the world.

this article is a joke.

Russia GDP per capita 15000

China GDP per capita 5000

Russia is still a emerging economy. How the hell China becomes first world economy.

China can be called a first world economy only when its GDP per capita is 20000+

Back
Top Bottom