What's new

China is the ready for the EMALS

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Since Xu Caihou and Guo Boxiong were the special lobbyists behind the steam catapult project, but now they are all done, so the EMALS can be ready for the first Type 002 which has been constantly postponed.

Maybe this is the willing of Xi Jinping to break down the lobbyism and risk aversion within China's military industrial complex.

Last edited:
Since Xu Caihou and Guo Boxiong were the special lobbyists behind the steam catapult project, but now they are all done, so the EMALS can be ready for the first Type 002 which has been constantly postponed.

Maybe this is the willing of Xi Jinping to break down the lobbyism and risk aversion within China's military industrial complex.

Any more info to share?
EMALS seems to be the one the few critical components that keep delaying the CV programs is that right?

Any more info to share?
EMALS seems to be the one the few critical components that keep delaying the CV programs is that right?

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but the steam catapult vs EMALS issue has been heating up recently.

I won't exclude the possibility of the surprised EMALS.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but the steam catapult vs EMALS issue has been heating up recently.

I won't exclude the possibility of the surprised EMALS.

You are right, as a late mover this is an opportunity to skip steam catapult and go direct to next gen i.e. EMALS. Well let's see whether the guys can ride this opportunity and turn it into advantage.

Just because they were both corrupt, does not nullify everything they did as harmful while in power. Steam catapult is the safer alternative as China does not yet have all electric propulsion at the moment. In additions, the first two or three carriers built will be powered by steam turbines. Progress should happen in stages, not trying to build a sky temple without foundation.

Back
Top Bottom