What's new

China Is Set To Make A Killing On The Afghan War

of course Pakistan is important actor in this country, I believe Pakistan know afghanistan better than China.

Just like Iran's interest in Afghanistan conflicting with Pakistan, you will too end up with conflicting interest with Pakistan.

What lesson did you learned from Han Dynasty 101?

First the erstwhile Soviet Union got kicked out. Then it was the turn of the US of A to get the hell out of Afghanistan. And now the next to face the wrath of the Afghans seems to be China which is hell bent on exploiting Afghanistan's resources. They will meet the same fate. If the super powers couldn't hold their own against the Afghans (who hate outsiders exploiting them for their own ends), what chance does China have? Nix. Nada. Zilch!

Hasn't the Han dynasty learnt any lessons? :smokin: Will they ever will?

I like your cooperation spirit and also the competition one :tup:, we will see if China + India can do better for Afganistan people than those two superpower did.
See, India and China have Africa, Afghanistan and Central Aisa to fuel their economic growth. Look at Africa. China has made great inroads and India is trying to follow the suite. But what's the point of blocking each other's way if it will help some other country with more resources and support to take that all away.

I don't want India and China to get into cat fight while monkey takes away the bread. I will rather see the cats ignoring the monkey and settle for equal or even unequal division of bread. At least both will get meal rather than both going hungry while monkey enjoys the bread at tree top.

I believe in practicality, not some Ego game. :D

They want to balance Pakistan from the back (and maybe Afghan thinks the same way). Old strategic tricks. Alas there is no direct linkage or route between the two. How well it works we won't know.

You being such an expert of international relationship, care to explain why India is also trying to get in the Afghanistan game (although apparently has been doing more talking than walking).

of course Pakistan is important actor in this country, I believe Pakistan know afghanistan better than China.
Yup, historical and cultural connections.

You being such an expert of international relationship, care to explain why India is also trying to get in the Afghanistan game (although apparently has been doing more talking than walking).
India is been doing more walking than talking. Thing is when it talks, its day time, but when it walks, it night time. That's why people listen just the talk while they are awake but fails to notice the walk as they are asleep. :D

Kindly see the investment and various ties India is trying to make and strengthen with Afghanistan.

See, India and China have Africa, Afghanistan and Central Aisa to fuel their economic growth. Look at Africa. China has made great inroads and India is trying to follow the suite. But what's the point of blocking each other's way if it will help some other country with more resources and support to take that all away.

I don't want India and China to get into cat fight while monkey takes away the bread. I will rather see the cats ignoring the monkey and settle for equal or even unequal division of bread. At least both will get meal rather than both going hungry while monkey enjoys the bread at tree top.

I believe in practicality, not some Ego game. :D

I don't have problem with your vision but geopolitic is complex.

I don't have problem with your vision but geopolitic is complex.
Yup. But we should look at near future for cooperation and we both know in longer run, India and China will be more competitive.

We should cooperate so that at least this region remains for our purpose majorly. Russia-India-China has enough capability to extend their influence in half of the world and create an economic alliance. Hope SCO becomes one.

For me, if India and China settle border disputes and India gives China access to Africa and Middle East, we can limit US intervention in our region and get more nations in our side.

Lets me practical, even with all this hostility, India and China has silent borders for past 50 years. We can extend it to next 50 years too. All we have to do is compromise.

Dude, Super powers such Soviet and U.S went there with war machineries, we go there with $$$ and reconstruction equipments.do you see the difference? Afghanistan people will understand us.
Hope they will! But then that's the million dollar question!

And then remember, there are others with $$$ too who will try to exploit Afghanistan's resources. Competing and conflicting interests will result in a pot boiler - CIS Republics, Iran, India, Russia, The US of A, Pakistan, and Afghanistan's war lords - all vying for a piece of the cake.

So if you think that China will easily walk away with the $$$, you're sadly mistaken.

First the erstwhile Soviet Union got kicked out. Then it was the turn of the US of A to get the hell out of Afghanistan. And now the next to face the wrath of the Afghans seems to be China which is hell bent on exploiting Afghanistan's resources. They will meet the same fate. If the super powers couldn't hold their own against the Afghans (who hate outsiders exploiting them for their own ends), what chance does China have? Nix. Nada. Zilch!

Hasn't the Han dynasty learnt any lessons? :smokin: Will they ever will?

China has no chance because 'real' shupa powah India has everything covered :D

Now we will see another sino-India struggle over Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom