What's new

China: Interesting personalities

I am curious on whether she ran her speech before any Chinese students prior to stepping onto the podium.

US got another a$$-kisser. Congratulations

She's not the first Chinese student to appreciate what the US has to offer...and won't be the last.

I am curious on whether she ran her speech before any Chinese students prior to stepping onto the podium.

What would be the point of this exercise? This speech wasn't for Chinese ears only, but for all graduates of University of Maryland.

What would be the point of this exercise? This speech wasn't for Chinese ears only, but for all graduates of University of Maryland.
Many graduates are Chinese, too. Usually, we grab friends close-by for such an exercise. Maybe she had no Chinese friends or had no intention to practice in front of Chinese. In any case, she is now famous. :)

Is she serious? The amount of brown nosing is nauseous.

Don't get me wrong, pollution and lack of political freedom are serious problems in China. It's the way she praises US like it's the best thing since slice bread that's cringe worthy.

"I took my first breath of American air, I put my mask away. The air was so sweet and fresh, and oddly luxurious,”
"fresh air of free speech"

Ah they turned her into one of those mindless indoctrinated "free thinker" sellouts who parrot the same old unsubstantiated "truths" aka U.S. propaganda about China, while receiving special privileges, job offers and funding from civilian proxy organisations of the U.S. regime that would make 90% of all U.S. citizens envious wouldn't such details not be actively ignored and covered up by their colluding "free press".

Is she serious? The amount of brown nosing is nauseous.

Don't get me wrong, pollution and lack of political freedom are serious problems in China. It's the way she praises US like it's the best thing since slice bread that's cringe worthy.
Nothing wrong with what she said, a little salty and naive maybe...why take it so serious.
Most canadians still think Natives are from India... LOL

Last edited:
Every country has its Judas.

But still pretty humiliating for the chinese to be publicily ridiculed.
Her points ....
Chinese breathe dirty air.
No freedom of speech in china.
Govt controls everything. No civil society.

I also know Indians who openly humiliate their country. Let's not get into how "great" India is.

calm down, she's just expressing her opinion, all be it in a rather strange way but an opinion none the less

She's using 'fresh air' as a metaphor to compare an authoritarian system to a free society. It's not a surprise that the Chinese didn't get it.

I find it funny that some people think she was literally talking about air.

In America, criminal and angry man carries guns. Shooting is common plus not to mention single woman venturing out at midnight in cities is near impossible without getting rob or rape

Some people will sell their own mothers for $$$. While others will wash her feet.

Never forget where you came from. Work hard to make it better, and not to appease others by playing into the stereotypes.

Back
Top Bottom