What's new

China Intensifies Military Build-up Against Taiwan: Report

I think the numbers of Taiwanese living in the mainland also numbers in the millions right now and across-strait marriage rates are at an all time high. Why hurry? Give the Taiwanese people time and I am sure that they will make the right decision. There is a lot more benefits to be gained from reunification with China than independence.

Exactly.

The Taiwanese people even elected a President that was born in Hong Kong (China), and who has pro-China views! :cheers:

Taiwanese perceptions of the mainland are becoming more and more positive as time goes on, and as the mainland becomes more developed. As time goes on, the chances of peaceful reunification get better and better.

The ultra-independence people, however, will not be able to interfere with Taiwanese politics significantly. Millions of Taiwanese, even some who support Independence, enjoy the flourishing business relations with the mainland. I think the numbers of Taiwanese living in the mainland also numbers in the millions right now and across-strait marriage rates are at an all time high. Why hurry? Give the Taiwanese people time and I am sure that they will make the right decision. There is a lot more benefits to be gained from reunification with China than independence.

Time will take care of the angry old men of the ultra-independance crowd.
LOL get enough cross straight marriages and people will be pro independance to make it harder for their mother in laws to visit ;)

Have you guys seen some of the pro-reunification protests in Taiwan? There were a bunch of people, old and young, waving the PRC flags. Some of them even have Chairman Mao armbands (I guess they don't know that we aren't Maoist any more). I recall a lot of people on Tiexue lolling about it since all we hear about on CCTV (unfortunately) are the pro-independence riots.

Have you guys seen some of the pro-reunification protests in Taiwan? There were a bunch of people, old and young, waving the PRC flags. Some of them even have Chairman Mao armbands (I guess they don't know that we aren't Maoist any more). I recall a lot of people on Tiexue lolling about it since all we hear about on CCTV (unfortunately) are the pro-independence riots.

The sight of Taiwanese people shouting down the Dalai Lama at the airport in Taipei really warmed my heart :rofl:

Last edited:
That time, the Taiwanese people shouted down the Dalai Lama at the airport in Taipei really warmed my heart :rofl:

I guess those old KMT army officers were the angriest since Mongolia and South Tibet, not just Tibet, are part of the official ROC territory :azn:.

Back
Top Bottom