What's new

China in Africa: Myths and Realities

2) Didn't know you get to watch Telemundo or TV Azteca in Canada. Seriously, do you believe 3rd-hand news from Anglophone media are painting the whole picture?
Interesting, I was under the impression that Mexico was an outlier as the only Latin American country that actually support the Americans. I don't count Puerto Rico for obvious reasons. The rest seem to have serious problems with the US.

That was my impression too. Mexico is part of NAFTA and the US has a history of bailing out the Mexican economy. I would have thought that Mexico was firmly in the US camp, despite any superficial anti-imperialist rhetoric.

article-1063198-02CF0F4100000578-247_468x393.jpg

I think I am probably going to die any minute now....

next part 2moro guys.. coz i am reading...lol....:wave: till then see you

Priceless, considering you are among the Pols ! :rofl:

China in Africa , so finally the very two ends of the biological value chain are able to see eye to eye ? :lol:

^^ don't be confused by their question, bro.

it was just a mis-calculation on the volumn of the next plane load of marijuana :lol:

K-8 could be a a more practical replacement for MiG-21 & J-7 in a bunch of countries than JF-17 or J-10. But try to convince those 3rd World tin pot dictators to give up the face-saving supersonic fighters even though they have neither the need nor the mean to operate them is next to impossible.
Drug abuse is nowhere nearly as widespread among Mexican populace as Western expats or Chicanos. The problem originated in L.A., from American-born Chicanos, who have been brainwashed by white-dominated media about their own racial stereotypes.

Here is something that I bet few people knew. Really can explain China's presence in Africa.

Angola Overtakes Saudi Arabia as Biggest Oil Supplier to China - Bloomberg

April 22 (Bloomberg) -- Angola was the top supplier of crude oil to China in the first quarter, ahead of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Oman and Russia as the world's second-biggest energy user boosted purchases to ease a domestic shortage.

Angola exported 8.48 million metric tons of crude to China in the three months ended March 31, about 688,000 barrels a day and 55 percent more than a year earlier, the Beijing-based Customs General Administration said today. Saudi Arabia shipped 8.18 million tons, a 38 percent increase.

China's oil imports surged 25 percent to a record 17.3 million tons in March as refineries expanded processing to ease a gasoline and diesel shortage that deepened as farmers started planting their crops. African grades, such as those supplied by Angola, are favored for their relatively low sulfur content and high yields of auto fuels.

``The trade figures show strong demand from the domestic market,'' said Gong Jinshuang, an oil analyst at China National Petroleum Corp., the country's biggest producer of the fuel. ``When long-term supplies from countries like Saudi Arabia can't meet domestic demand, we have to boost spot purchases,'' Gong said by telephone from Beijing.

Saudi Arabia was the largest crude supplier to China in 2007, when its shipments rose 10 percent to 26.3 million tons. Angola exported 25 million tons, ranking second.

Iran, Oman and Russia were among China's five largest suppliers during the first quarter, shipping 5.8 million, 3.3 million and 3.1 million tons respectively, the customs figures show.

Angola was China's biggest crude oil supplier in March, when imports from the African country increased by 47 percent to 3.65 million tons.

Only the U.S. consumes more energy than China.

Back
Top Bottom