What's new

China Imposes a Steep Tariff on U.S. Poultry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right...We have Chinese living in the West, enjoying the consumer protection standards that do not exists in China, but sees no problems calling exports to China as deadly.

This is a racial problem, right? Or your ignorance of China.

Right...We have Chinese living in the West, enjoying the consumer protection standards that do not exists in China, but sees no problems calling exports to China as deadly.

tainted milk scandal: executives executed or given long jail terms, company closed down. deaths: 5

bophal disaster caused by Union Carbide and Dow Chemicals: boss gets 2 years, Dow Chemicals is still there. deaths: 20000.

BP kills 14 americans in oil rig explosion. number of people arrested: 0

I guess this really is a game of "chicken" lol.

Well why does China's retaliation always makes headline while american sanctions on China pass with flying colors?

I guess this really is a game of "chicken" lol.

Another shot fired..U.S. sets duties on copper pipe from China and Mexico

U.S. sets duties on copper pipe from China and Mexico
Buzz up!0 votes ShareretweetEmailPrint– 13 mins ago
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The United States on Monday set final duties ranging up to 61 percent on hundreds of millions of dollars of copper pipe from China in one of several disputes causing friction between the two countries.

The Commerce Department announcement came one day after Beijing slapped final duties ranging from 50.3 percent to 105.4 percent on chicken parts from the United States.

Action in both cases came as the House of Representatives is considering a bill this week that would treat China's "undervalued" currency as an export subsidy under U.S. trade law, opening the door for more U.S. duties on Chinese goods.

However, both cases were already in progress well before the latest effort in Congress to pressure China to raise the value of its currency against the U.S. dollar.

The Commerce Department also set final duties ranging from 24.89 percent to 31.43 percent on copper pipe and tube from Mexico it said were being "dumped" in the United States at unfairly low prices.

U.S. imports of the copper pipe and tube totaled $233 million from China and $130 million from Mexico in 2009.

The ruling is a victory for U.S. producers Cerro Flow Products Inc, Kobe Wieland Copper Products LLC, Mueller Copper Tube Products Inc, and Mueller Copper Tube Company Inc, which filed a petition one year ago asking for protection against lower-priced imports from the two countries.

The Commerce Department set final anti-dumping duties ranging 11.25 percent to 60.85 percent on Chinese producers and exporters.

Preliminaries duties covering imports from both China and Mexico have been in force since May.

The U.S. International Trade Commission, an independent government agency, could still strike down the duties if it determines that U.S. producers have not been materially injured or threatened with injury by the imports.

That vote is set for Nov 8.

Unfortunately, Vietnamese are still suffering from the aftereffects of Agent Orange as illustrated below:

these photoes really really make me sick, but it seems that you are happy with it what's wrong with you!!!

So you are questioned to U.S. imports quality inspection departments, I suggest you to complain, will is good to everyone.

Given the sheer volume of goods that China exports to the U.S. I am not at all surprised that the vast majority of recalled goods are Chinese. Since this thread is about chickens I'll use a poultry example. Let's say that you bought 1000 chicken, 200 ducks, and 100 geese. If 60% of the sick poultry that you've bought are chicken you can't really say that chicken are less healthy than ducks and geese.

Given the sheer volume of goods that China exports to the U.S. I am not at all surprised that the vast majority of recalled goods are Chinese. Since this thread is about chickens I'll use a poultry example. Let's say that you bought 1000 chicken, 200 ducks, and 100 geese. If 60% of the sick poultry that you've bought are chicken you can't really say that chicken are less healthy than ducks and geese.

That would make sense if it was just 60 percent of imports that were being recalled, but my understanding that of every thing imported from anywhere an everything produced in the USA, 60 percent of of every thing that is recalled is made in China.

That would make sense if it was just 60 percent of imports that were being recalled, but my understanding that of every thing imported from anywhere an everything produced in the USA, 60 percent of of every thing that is recalled is made in China.

Then, why you dunb yanks still buy from china? Buy from africa or vietnam! No one is pointing a gun at you head or forcing you to buy from china. Free world.

Then, why you dunb yanks still buy from china? Buy from africa or vietnam! No one is pointing a gun at you head or forcing you to buy from china. Free world.

well it comes down to product and kind your are dealing with.
The biggest recall I have seen is on German brand machinery made in Czech Republic. So who should be blamed here?

Last edited:
Thnks Swahc I can't see what CAPTAIN is writing unless you quote him. Well if we trust in what CAPTAIN says there is no problem with outsourcing/trade deficit with China at all. If the majority of the goods used by Americans are manufactured in America or imported from other countries why do we bother sanctioning China to reduce to the deficit?

A little perspective:

The United States is the world's largest manufacturer, with a 2007 industrial output of US$2.69 trillion. In 2008, its manufacturing output was greater than that of the manufacturing output of China, India, and Brazil combined, despite manufacturing being a very small portion of the entire US economy as compared to most other countries.

International trade

In 2008, the total U.S. trade deficit was $695.9 billion,[107] which is $1.8 trillion in exports minus $2.5 trillion in imports.[108] The deficit on petroleum products was $386.3 billion.[109] The trade deficit with China was $266.3 billion, a new record and up from $304 million in 1983.[110] The United States had a $144.1 billion surplus on trade in services, and $821.2 billion deficit on trade in goods in goods in 2008.
.wikipedia

The USA manfactures 2.69 trillion and imports 2.5 trillion totaling about 5.2 trillion. Imports from China totaled $348 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with China was $262 billion in 2008. That is going to change.

The world economy is about 70 Trillion the USA accounts for over 14 Trillion of that Figure.

Last edited:
A little perspective:

The United States is the world's largest manufacturer, with a 2007 industrial output of US$2.69 trillion. In 2008, its manufacturing output was greater than that of the manufacturing output of China, India, and Brazil combined, despite manufacturing being a very small portion of the entire US economy as compared to most other countries.

International trade

In 2008, the total U.S. trade deficit was $695.9 billion,[107] which is $1.8 trillion in exports minus $2.5 trillion in imports.[108] The deficit on petroleum products was $386.3 billion.[109] The trade deficit with China was $266.3 billion, a new record and up from $304 million in 1983.[110] The United States had a $144.1 billion surplus on trade in services, and $821.2 billion deficit on trade in goods in goods in 2008.
.wikipedia

The USA manfactures 2.69 trillion and imports 2.5 trillion totaling about 5.2 trillion. Imports from China totaled $348 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with China was $262 billion in 2008. That is going to change.

The world economy is about 70 Trillion the USA accounts for over 14 Trillion of that Figure.

Link? What I read from world bank website doesnt surport what you claimed. Especially this part:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom