What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

It should be remembered, however, that for 155 years until its handover to China in 1997, Hong Kong was a British colony, forcibly taken from China at the end of the first opium war. All its 28 subsequent governors were appointed by the British government. Although Hong Kong came, over time, to enjoy the rule of law and the right to protest, under the British it never enjoyed even a semblance of democracy. It was ruled from 6,000 miles away in London. The idea of any kind of democracy was first introduced by the Chinese government. In 1990 the latter adopted the Basic Law, which included the commitment that in 2017 the territory’s chief executive would be elected by universal suffrage; it also spelt out that the nomination of candidates would be a matter for a nominating committee.

the British didn't really give Hongkong democracy, China did.

Oh my God, the good thread has become a flame war? time to pack my things and seek another better thread :D

:enjoy:
Do you know why there are many Korean Protestantism? They aided many Protestantism churches in VN. :happy:
:happy:

How do they aid Protestants in VN? I think they just want to help VN to be developed like SK and US. I too want aid from them.

You're wrong friend. I drive a ten year old car, can buy a 50k car with no loan. I have an ancient nexus phone. You are saying those kids are better off?

My friend, it seems like you do not understand the meaning and essence of life. Why are you saving that 50k in your bank? Life is all about spending that money to drive the economy, to buy products to flaunt your wealth and status, then buy the updated products in every 6months cycle, if you don't have enough money, use your credit card or take out a loan. Oh, don't forget to get some plastic surgery to make your face match your status and wealth. Obey your president when he encourage consumers to spend their money, don't be like your grand parents and hide your money under your bed, thats why their generation was starving. Use every cents of your saving, the economy needs it. When you become a billionaires, you then don't need to be encouraged to spend all your money, you'll have the right to save them, preferably in a Swiss account or invest in assets in Monaco. But if you are middle and lower class, it is your responsibility to spend all your money to drive the economy.

I hope I have thought you a bit more about the meaning about life.

anyway , they made a big mistake, they should fund a ambitious and proactive people or institution. those student can't do anything except sitting and yelling. don't forget that you gain because you paid. CCP won the whole China because they fought and blood for it. 1.3 billions people only trust those is willing to pay a huge price for their faith.
those protesters just want to eat a delicious feast without paying a bit. who will care them?

That because no older people want to join it.

Democracy can only find young people to be manipulated, thru the West control over HK school, with half of it are Christian school.

They actually want to establish something like in Taiwan.

Taiwan is 1000x more awesome than then the ugly HK.

Typical US, when they like something they say 'its for democracy' and when they hate something ' its unconstitutional' , I know people in HK who tell me all the time that it is an awesome place to live in. Hopefully HK and Beijing can make this thing work without Uncle Sam interfering

full if Ego chinese people claiming hongkong people are poor.... even mexican fruit seller in america earns far more than rich chinese. china all of sudden feeling the pinch.... china used pakistan against india and now its seems karma making china pay for it.

What's the difference between radical Islam and radical democracy? One kills hundreds the other kills hundreds of thousands. Both believe they know the truth and force others to be "believers". Both instigate violence and death and both promise elusive rewards (72 virgins vs "freedom").

But look at the Indians and Vietnmese jumping up and down with joy, it must be good for Hong Kong, right? ;)

china should try confuchian subtleness and spread ccp coommunist propaganda in US too.

:Cheers:

That because no older people want to join it.

Democracy can only find young people to be manipulated, thru the West control over HK school, with half of it are Christian school.

They actually want to establish something like in Taiwan.

Taiwan is 1000x more awesome than then the ugly HK.
You sound like N. Koreans who proudly say " The whole world admire us!" Have you ever been anywhere outside the little Taiwan island?

My question is that, why isn't china closing the US embassy or personal support/funding the chaos..

My question is that, why isn't china closing the US embassy or personal support/funding the chaos..

China just need doing "Persona no Grata" to some of US NGO in Hongkong. Closing the embassy will cause more harm than good for China Interest

I think the best course for the Government is letting those kids to do what they want until they bored. As long as they don't rob any shops, destroying public assets, and harm other people, let them be.

i think i saw this baldy on Ted.
80% of hongkongers know that, but they are silent because they can't leave their job position. they have to work for their city as always. they are the foundation of hong kong economy.
and the 20% stupid students and those unemployee. i think i am happy to walk and yell around to earn some money to pay my bill if i am unemployment.

The US organization, National Endowment for Democracy (NED), publicly admitted it spends hundreds of thousands of US dollars per year on promoting "human rights" and democracy or majority tyranny in Hong Kong.

The NED has these 3 public programs in Hong Kong:

American Center for International Labor Solidarity
$139,532

Hong Kong Human Rights Monitor
$155,000

National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
$460,000

Website: China (Hong Kong) | National Endowment for Democracy

Is that amount supposed to disrupt the HK government? Is US getting poor or what? :lol:
It's like throwing a bone to a bunch of hungry dogs, the Vietcongs fit this category better IMO

Back
Top Bottom